"Windows For Your phone" (or your phablet)

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use "Windows on your phone"?

• yes
    • No

21loqib.png

Above is an enlarged image of what is supposed to be the next version of "Windows Phone" simply just called "Windows" (referred to as Windows on your phone). Microsoft announced Windows 10 the next version of Windows for PCs, and included this image during their presentation. It is sort of hidden, but it is there. Modern UI 2.0 sort of snuck into the image, so here it is. What do you think about Windows for your phone? Is it a good idea Microsoft is merging the two and eventually Xbox? Would you purchase Windows for your phone over Windows Phone for the sake of cohesion? 

Image Credit: Microsoft, Ian (adapted for this post)

Considering I use WP now the upgrade doesn't seem like it's completely different.  It does seem like the buttons are capacitive on that screenshot for the 2 phones and soft buttons on the tablet.  That would be a step back, I think.

Looks like an evolution rather than an evolution.  Which is OK.  I still think it looks nice.

I've had my 1020 for a year and I'm running 8.1 Dev Preview (now FINALLY with Cyan) and I'm still happy with it.

All of my Android friends give me ###### constantly about the "one app" available for my phone, but all the tweaks I've seen to Android in the past year haven't impressed me.  Material design looks like it will be more consistent.. but still looks a little Web 2.0 tryhard for my tastes.

Another thing I would seriously struggle to stomach is the lack of a dark theme for Android, system wide, like Windows Phone has.  That is the biggest aesthetic feather in the cap.

The OS is level on features with Android now, big name apps take too long to appear still but I'm one of the people that can deal with that.

Considering I use WP now the upgrade doesn't seem like it's completely different.  It does seem like the buttons are capacitive on that screenshot for the 2 phones and soft buttons on the tablet.  That would be a step back, I think.

pretty much what I was going to post.