Free XCOM: Enemy Unknown for voting on CVG's 2014 Golden Joystick Awards

It's that time of the year again folks.  The people at Green Man Gaming have once again partnered with CVG and are offering voters of the Golden Joystick Awards a copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

Source:

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

More details on the offer here: http://blog.playfire.com/2014/10/golden-joysticks-2014-vote-get-free-xcom.html

Cast your votes here: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/

• Like 3

I casted votes but didn't get any way to get free game.  :/

I casted votes but didn't get any way to get free game.  :/

All voters will be able to claim their free copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown once voting has ended. We'll direct you on how to claim your free game once the vote has closed. You'll need to be signed up and registered to Playfire, and also have your Steam account linked with Playfire Rewards to be eligible for a free copy of the game!

Source

last year i got civ5, still haven't got the time to play it...  :/

haha. I was looking through my Steam library the other day and realised I had Civ 5 and couldn't remember when or why I bought it. I probably got this game last year the same way. :p

• Like 2

All voters will be able to claim their free copy of XCOM: Enemy Unknown once voting has ended. We'll direct you on how to claim your free game once the vote has closed. You'll need to be signed up and registered to Playfire, and also have your Steam account linked with Playfire Rewards to be eligible for a free copy of the game!

That's a lot of work for a "free" game.

I've always wondered if I'm the only one that thinks that if I have to work for it to be free, then it's not free. Money and Work are (usually) fairly interchangeable. I could say that if I want a TV all I have to do is go to a specific place, do things on a computer for 8 hours each day, for a week, and then I get a free TV.

So, if I want a free copy of XCOM, I just go to that same place for 10 minutes and I don't have to wait for anything, I'd get it straight away, and I'm not registered on services I don't want.

I guess the way you balance it is: Do you want XCOM? If "yes", is it easier to do this or to work and make enough money to buy it? Choose the easier one.

I know it's not exactly the same, but in my mind it sure as well ought to be.

I've put far too much thought into this.

That's a lot of work for a "free" game.

I've always wondered if I'm the only one that thinks that if I have to work for it to be free, then it's not free. Money and Work are (usually) fairly interchangeable. I could say that if I want a TV all I have to do is go to a specific place, do things on a computer for 8 hours each day, for a week, and then I get a free TV.

So, if I want a free copy of XCOM, I just go to that same place for 10 minutes and I don't have to wait for anything, I'd get it straight away, and I'm not registered on services I don't want.

I guess the way you balance it is: Do you want XCOM? If "yes", is it easier to do this or to work and make enough money to buy it? Choose the easier one.

I know it's not exactly the same, but in my mind it sure as well ought to be.

I've put far too much thought into this.

I'd agree if the game was rubbish, but XCOM is pretty great (if you're into turned-based stuff). I think it is one of the old-school PC games that was remade and the fans didn't all have a whinge about it sucking, which is quite an achievement itself.

I'd agree if the game was rubbish, but XCOM is pretty great (if you're into turned-based stuff). I think it is one of the old-school PC games that was remade and the fans didn't all have a whinge about it sucking, which is quite an achievement itself.

True, it is pretty good. I'm not knocking the game, I'm knocking the work required for it to be "free". The game itself I already own, and i enjoy quite a bit. I'd still rather buy it again than Vote, Register, Link Accounts, Wait and the "We'll direct you how to claim your free game" stuff you have to do.