Spelunky (Cross-Buy)

DriveClub PlayStation Plus Edition

PS3

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara

PS Vita

Pix the Cat (PS4)

Rainbow Moon (PS3)

Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/10/01/preview-octobers-free-game-lineup/

Opinion:

Personally I think this is one of the better months.  There aren't enough AAA games for them to be giving them away for PS4 yet but we get two solid indies AND the DriveClub edition which makes this the best month yet in my opinion for PS4.  For PS3 we get a solid (though older) AAA title in Batman: Arkham Asylum.  I like the PS3 offering so much I actually already own both games.  Vita is, well Vita... I don't really expect much from that... maybe it will take off with the Vita TV launch.  Overall a very solid month, possibly the best so far, which is nice because last month seemed particularly weak to me.

-----

PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection: September 2014

Pretty 50/50 month for me. I've wanted Spelunky on Vita for a while so I'm glad I held off on it when it was on sale..

Already own it twice on Xbox / PC though, along with a few of the other titles.

Looking forward to DriveClub :yes: I also just bought GT6 this week so I'll be raced out by November :laugh:

So EU and US look the same? I think that is a first?

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/10/01/playstation-plus-october-driveclub-spelunky-dust-elysian-tale/

Entering PS Plus:
8th October: Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)
8th / 10th October: DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition (PS4)
8th October: Dust: An Elysian Tail (PS4)
8th October: Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (PS3)
8th October: Pix the Cat (PS Vita/PS4 Cross Buy)
8th October: Rainbow Moon (PS Vita/PS3 Cross Buy)
8th October: Spelunky (PS4/PS3/PS Vita Cross Buy)

So EU and US look the same? I think that is a first?

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/10/01/playstation-plus-october-driveclub-spelunky-dust-elysian-tale/

Entering PS Plus:

8th October: Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)

8th / 10th October: DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition (PS4)

8th October: Dust: An Elysian Tail (PS4)

8th October: Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (PS3)

8th October: Pix the Cat (PS Vita/PS4 Cross Buy)

8th October: Rainbow Moon (PS Vita/PS3 Cross Buy)

8th October: Spelunky (PS4/PS3/PS Vita Cross Buy)

They're purposely trying to streamline and offer the same content to EU/US now.

It's nice but I don't think it will last forever.

Particularly when the ball really gets rolling this gen.

A little disappointed in PS3 offerings -- wasn't Arkham City already offered?

(Yep, it was in April).

I'd expect first true AAA games coming in November for PS4.  Probably first-party, tho, like Killzone.

Destiny is just killing everything just now. I thought Sony would offer KZ to try and bump it's MP up, but the effort would probably be futile. I personally expect Knack first... They probably have some sort of deal with Bungie NOT to offer KZ on PS+ for a while now that I think of it lol.

Driveclub PS+ is a decent offering, you can platinum it. Now that I've pre-ordered it I'm left with the rest, but to be fair, the PS+ upgrade price is ?34.99 which we wouldn't have without Driveclub PS+ in the first place. Really good price.

Destiny is just killing everything just now. I thought Sony would offer KZ to try and bump it's MP up, but the effort would probably be futile. I personally expect Knack first... They probably have some sort of deal with Bungie NOT to offer KZ on PS+ for a while now that I think of it lol.

Driveclub PS+ is a decent offering, you can platinum it. Now that I've pre-ordered it I'm left with the rest, but to be fair, the PS+ upgrade price is ?34.99 which we wouldn't have without Driveclub PS+ in the first place. Really good price.

Oh, I think DC is a great offering.  But that was announced for launch.  I wouldn't have expected anything after that (it's technically considered a bonus game this month).

Oh, I think DC is a great offering.  But that was announced for launch.  I wouldn't have expected anything after that (it's technically considered a bonus game this month).

In the state it must have been in last year no wonder it was getting a PS+ edition :p

• Like 2

Looking forward to DriveClub :yes: I also just bought GT6 this week so I'll be raced out by November :laugh:

That's a lot of racing lol. Are you also joining the FH2 club?

That's a lot of racing lol. Are you also joining the FH2 club?

Nah, at least not just now. I wasn't a fan of the first one, but I'll probably pick up 2 on the cheap one day.

Not even a fan of GT really, but again it was cheap so why not :P

Nah, at least not just now. I wasn't a fan of the first one, but I'll probably pick up 2 on the cheap one day.

Not even a fan of GT really, but again it was cheap so why not :p

I'm hoping with how social this is leaning, and with it being points based like PGR we can get a Neowin club going where no one needs to feel intimidated to be a pro at racers. Plus we can create a fancy logo for our club :p

One good thing about this game like GT, is it will probably evolve well through updates and patches. We already know proper weather is coming soon, and photomode, and I'm sure Evolution will continue to add more for free without abandoning for a yearly sequel in mind asap.

I'm hoping with how social this is leaning, and with it being points based like PGR we can get a Neowin club going where no one needs to feel intimidated to be a pro at racers. Plus we can create a fancy logo for our club :p

One good thing about this game like GT, is it will probably evolve well through updates and patches. We already know proper weather is coming soon, and photomode, and I'm sure Evolution will continue to add more for free without abandoning for a yearly sequel in mind asap.

You'd hope so. There will come a time when they can't stretch the game in that way, without building the foundations to support it from scratch though.

I'm really particular about my driving games and how they handle. Forza is still my favourite and I begrudge GT controls. They're getting better but it's still too stiff.

Obv DC is more arcadey, but if it's too feathery then I'll probably not enjoy it.

Games are up in EU apparently.

Yup, with DriveClub PS+ Edition nowhere to be seen (I know, server issues...) :rofl: :pinch:

Yup, with DriveClub PS+ Edition nowhere to be seen (I know, server issues...) :rofl: :pinch:

I don't think it was due to go live here until the 10th anyway, but that may be delayed even further now?

The only games which I can see on the SEN page is:

Dust: An Elysian Tail (Full Game) $0.00
Pix the Cat (Full Game) $0.00
War Thunder - Plus Free Starter Pack (Game Pack)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say it's 100% coming seeing as the developer dude himself said "This is the PS+ November game for North America and Europe, so yes."