Autostart Program with Administrative Privileges

So I have this app that needs to be run with admin priviliges in windows 8.1 x64. It has this autostart with windows function, but this does not work anymore when I have a clicked the checkbox in the exe compatiblity settings 'Run as Administrator'.. I guess this is for safety measures from windows or something, but is there anyway to bypass this and to autostart this app with admin privilges?

The only way I have ever seen is to create a scheduled task and have it run "with highest privilege" checkbox.

I have done this and it seems to work, just have it run on logon.

A regular shortcut will still ask for UAC elevation, as mentioned above an administrator account can make a task to launch it elevated without prompting. Can also make a shortcut for that task so you can launch it easily via something like:

schtasks /Run /TN "Name of task"

You can allow non-privileged accounts access to the task as well, obviously want to be careful with that though, allowing a regular user an elevated console for example is a big target for trouble. The end result is kinda sorta like giving root access to a regular user for a selected program via ViSudo in Linux if you're familiar with it.

You don't need additional software. Just put the shortcut in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE rather than HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

You don't need additional software. Just put the shortcut in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE rather than HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

That doesnt work. I made a new key in :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

But it wont startup. Then I look in ccleaner startup entries, there are 2 keys now. One in HKEY_CURRENT_USER and one in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. So I remove the one from HKEY_CURRENT_USER, but still it wont startup.. I used the same name string (just copied paste), so I dont think I made a typo or something.. I also tried with -autorun at the end, because I could see ClassicStartMenu.exe also had that, but didn't work either. I guess I stick with the Elevated Shotcut app..

• Like 1