Windows 10: Search and Task View icons on Taskbar

So I've installed the Windows 10 Tech Preview, and currently customising it to my liking. Only one thing that I need

to know at this time is how to remove/unpin the redundant (IMO) Search and Task View icons from the Taskbar?

The Seach icon is redundant, as there's a Search box in the Start menu I prefer to use.

The Task View icon is redundant (to me at least) WindowsKey+Tab works best for me.

Thanks, but the download link on that page doesn't work without being logged into that forum. I would rather not sign up to yet

another forum, just to be able to download a small zipfile. Is there any download link that doesn't have a signup requirement?

the extra search icon is redundant right now but based on the info that available it's likely to become the button that activates cortana once that's fully added

the extra search icon is redundant right now but based on the info that available it's likely to become the button that activates cortana once that's fully added

Wouldn't it be better to just have the little halo inside the search box in the start menu? 

Wouldn't it be better to just have the little halo inside the search box in the start menu? 

possibly. should be interesting either way though (waits for someone to figure out how to activate cortana in the TP)

Thanks, but that doesn't work either. It's a zipfile with a bunch of VisualStudio project files, but no exe or reg files as I was expecting.

WinTHButtonHider\bin\Debug\WinTHButtonHider.exe

There is also this

My feeling is that they are on the taskbar to put those features front and centre, don't forget this is just a tech preview so there will be changes before the final release.

I can understand them being pinned by default to expose that functionality to casual users but obviously they are utterly redundant to power users. It would be foolish for Microsoft to not make them optional.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've installed the Windows 10 Tech Preview, and currently customising it to my liking. Only one thing that I need

to know at this time is how to remove/unpin the redundant (IMO) Search and Task View icons from the Taskbar?

The Seach icon is redundant, as there's a Search box in the Start menu I prefer to use.

The Task View icon is redundant (to me at least) WindowsKey+Tab works best for me.

Here's a new tool Windows 10 Taskbar Cleaner. It said to be working for all.

windows-10-taskbar-cleaner.png

Download link: http://www.techgainer.com/tools/windows10taskbarcleaner/

Here's a new tool Windows 10 Taskbar Cleaner. It said to be working for all.

pic snip

Download link: http://www.techgainer.com/tools/windows10taskbarcleaner/

I like it, however could there also be an option to remove 1 or the other?

for instance, just remove the search icon & keep task view