Share your Windows 10 Desktops

Just curious: How are all of you providing feedback, if all you're doing is undoing the hell out of it with all those customizations?

It depends on how they are doing the customizing.

I attached the StartScreen, AppScreen, *and* the MiniStart - because sometimes I use MiniStart and sometimes I use StartScreen/AppScreen.  I can switch from one to the other at need.  MiniStart is better than the Start menu - however, that is primarily because it's clutter-resistant.

post-34404-0-97129600-1412962038.jpg

post-34404-0-02362600-1412962046.jpg

post-34404-0-64913900-1412962052.jpg

Fixed.

We can fix it ourselves while still providing feedback.

Obviously the UI isn't on the top of their list, or else it'd look better.

Preview is more for how it works over all.

calm down there, guy.

Not sure how you're reporting accurate feedback when the TP has been altered from it's intended state.

Just curious: How are all of you providing feedback, if all you're doing is undoing the hell out of it with all those customizations?

We have been beta testing OS since XP days... we could modify the themes/shell as the way we like. MS does not care what you do with it.

That's why it is called developer preview and themers/tweakers can create their themes/tweaks ready by the time RTM/final version releases. 

Think about that. That's why people checking the OS out and make a hotkeys/features list for everybody to see.

Some people leave the feedback to MS ... Some don't... all they do is play around...  they don't care as long as the feedback is received from the billion users and they provide the fix/features added in the next release.

• Like 2

That looks sexy. I have to try it out when I get home from work. Do you have to run a theme patcher to make this work?

you need to download uxstyle for Windows threshold found here: http://uxstyle.com

Most of the questions they ask are not related to visual, but rather how functional a feature is in Windows 10. I think that having a different theme isn't going to affect your feedback on something like how well live tiles work or how easy it is to snap windows.

How come no one added custom tiles to the start besides me? lol

I messed around with it.  But ultimately, I prefer no tiles.  My VM is stock cept for removing the tiles from the start screen and adjusting the color to be darker.  Used to customize the heck out of XP back in the day tho. 

Not sure how you're reporting accurate feedback when the TP has been altered from it's intended state.

There are plenty of non-UI aspects of Win10 that can be given feedback on. Plenty of under-the-hood things exist in Win10 that don't rely on the UI. The Feedback tool is there for things like program compatibility, etc.