Two teachers accused of having

By less than a year.. Whoopdeedoo. In sensible societies (like the UK), there's rarely a prosecution if the underage party is within a year or two of coming of age, as long as it was consensual.

>

In most states that applies under Romeo & Juliet provisions intended to prevent the prosecution of young lovers, but R&J doesn't apply in this case. This because of the age of the teachers and the power disparity issue, which is intended to discourage and punish grades for sex schemes etc.

images_q_tbn_ANd9_Gc_T2_QQ4_FC5_OLmw_FVP

but seriously, under 17 is the law in that state, why not wait the extra 12 months?

also surely everyone can see the difference between an adult having sex with a 16 year old and an 8 year old, there just be some kind of sliding scale with the law, it cant be the same punishment for everyone under 17, clearly theres a difference in the kind of people who want to have sex with pre-pubescents and the kind attracted to adolescents 

images_q_tbn_ANd9_Gc_T2_QQ4_FC5_OLmw_FVP

but seriously, under 17 is the law in that state, why not wait the extra 12 months?

also surely everyone can see the difference between an adult having sex with a 16 year old and an 8 year old, there just be some kind of sliding scale with the law, it cant be the same punishment for everyone under 17, clearly theres a difference in the kind of people who want to have sex with pre-pubescents and the kind attracted to adolescents 

So were is that line drawn? puberty can be hit as early as 10. I remember partying in college and running into girls ide talk to find attractive, then figure out some guy had brought older looking 15/16 year olds to the party. Where do you draw the line? I had a friend once encounter a 15 year old in a bar with a fake ID and hes very lucky he figured that out before making any moves on her.

So were is that line drawn? puberty can be hit as early as 10. I remember partying in college and running into girls ide talk to find attractive, then figure out some guy had brought older looking 15/16 year olds to the party. Where do you draw the line? I had a friend once encounter a 15 year old in a bar with a fake ID and hes very lucky he figured that out before making any moves on her.

your right, very tricky, going to be different for every person as you say. i would say you'd have to look at local laws to see when people get classed as young adults - i.e. when they can take on part time employment like a paper delivery route, or when they could vote. as for younger ages, you'd probably have to go with school years.

your right, very tricky, going to be different for every person as you say. i would say you'd have to look at local laws to see when people get classed as young adults - i.e. when they can take on part time employment like a paper delivery route, or when they could vote. as for younger ages, you'd probably have to go with school years.

I'm not against this boy other then the fact it was a teacher's involved. I just think we should view it the same. If a 16 year old boy having a threesome with 30 year old adults is OK so is a 16 year old girl having a threesome with two thirty plus year old men.

I'm not against this boy other then the fact it was a teacher's involved. I just think we should view it the same. If a 16 year old boy having a threesome with 30 year old adults is OK so is a 16 year old girl having a threesome with two thirty plus year old men.

i agree, same laws / punishments for the offender what ever sex they are and the victim is. but it would make sense to me for two 35 year olds to be treated different by the law if one had sex with an 8 year old and the other a 16 year old

also I agree anyone with a position of authority over the victim can expect their sentence to increase proportionally 

There are many problems with just sweeping it under the rug...

I never said that.

1. While the minor may think it's cool or perfectly fine right now, they may not feel that way when they've fully matured. Males generally don't reach peak maturity until well into their 20s (mid 20s) while women reach peak around 18-20.

2. Teachers are suppose to be more than just a babysitter forcing students to do homework. They're suppose to be extended role-models that indirectly provide a balance of morals beyond what the minor gets at home. For example, while a minor may get beat every night by his drunk mother or father, they might have the opportunity to escape through school / teacher guidance.

3. Just like the professional work place has fraternization rules / regulations to ward off unacceptable positions of power, it's the same principle with students and teachers. While teachers are meant to form relationships with their student's, most know that there is a fine line between a balanced relationship and an unbalanced one.

4. A teacher that is willing to knowingly commit a misdemeanor or unknowingly commit a felony (in Louisiana if the offender is more than 4 years older than the minor, it's a felony), will likely continue the depraved behavior until caught, increasing the risk each time. Are you saying you're ok if either one of these women ######'d themselves out to the entire school of males until one decided to cross the age limit you are comfortable with?

Sensible society indeed... Cheerio!

Try reading my posts again.  I quite clearly said that the teachers should be fired. They also shouldn't be allowed in that kind of position again.

Sure, what they did was illegal, as per the letter of the law.  But unless the boy was coerced in some way, it wasn't particularly criminal.

Justice needs a brain behind it; blind justice serves no-one.

In most states that applies under Romeo & Juliet provisions intended to prevent the prosecution of young lovers, but R&J doesn't apply in this case. This because of the age of the teachers and the power disparity issue, which is intended to discourage and punish grades for sex schemes etc.

To me, the issue here is not the ages involved, it's the position of responsibility that was clearly misused.  For that, they do deserve punishment, but no justice will be served by throwing them in jail and labelling them sex offenders.

• Like 2

A reminder that child molesters aren't exclusively male.

Very shameful behavior and hopefully they serve decent time for this.

how so, in new zealand the law say at 16 i can have sex! there are laws about students teachers, but over the age of 16, its all good. 

Women have spent the last century seeking equal rights, but that is a two-edged sword - the other being equal responsibilities. That includes being charged and sentenced equally when they commit a criminal sexual conduct.

As for this case; fortunately or unfortunately, that's what the law says right now.

A cancer patient, in his/her last dying painful days might ask you to end it. It might be the right thing to do, but the law says it's illegal; in most places that is.

You'll get arrested, even if the cop who's doing it agrees with you.

While what they did is wrong i wont lie. Both of them are hot. I would have been really happy to have sex with them at 16 yo.

Here 16 yo is the age of consent so the only problem with this would be that they both were teachers at the school the boy is attending.

uhh Yes consent, but not Age of Majority... It is still illegal to for a 25 year old to sleep with a 16-17 year old, even if they both consent.

I never said that.

Try reading my posts again.  I quite clearly said that the teachers should be fired. They also shouldn't be allowed in that kind of position again.

Sure, what they did was illegal, as per the letter of the law.  But unless the boy was coerced in some way, it wasn't particularly criminal.

Justice needs a brain behind it; blind justice serves no-one.

Try reading my post. I clearly defined where your logic is flawed in response to the question of criminality of the situation and morality.

Blind justice? Quite the opposite, actually.

I think the society in which the criminal action occurred is more on point and sensible than any society you advocate.

from what I perceives those two female teachers committed crimes against state laws,

but they not necessary doing crimes against the boy, let face it, its not the boy who press charges against them was it?

It's interesting that if this were male teachers having sex with 16 old year girl, society would want to basically hang them. However, since this is two decent looking female teachers, it is not looked upon as severe. Conversely, if I were a 16 year old boy again and this happened to me, I'd keep it between the three of us and enjoy the last two years of high school.  :shiftyninja:

Actually I wouldnt care one way or another. This isn't rape if they didnt either blackmail him or force him any other way to do it. 16 is a puberty age, of course you'll jump anyone's bones when given the chance, even more if it's two (well, one at least) hot teachers. People are way too sensitive these days. Go ask the boy if he was actually raped or not. Put him under a lie detector and I'm willing to put money on it that he wasn't.

If it were rape, that would be another story.

And at this

1. While the minor may think it's cool or perfectly fine right now, they may not feel that way when they've fully matured. Males generally don't reach peak maturity until well into their 20s (mid 20s) while women reach peak around 18-20.

LOL! So, any boy who has had sex in their 16's is scarred for life now? Jesus...

To the people screaming rape.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rape

Key word is "FORCED".

There's also statutory rape...which it was in this case. 

sexual intercourse with a girl under the age of consent, which age varies in different states.

Soooo...Also like people have said already, put the law aside and you'll clearly see this is far from rape. 16 isn't some little brat anymore who doesn't have any clue what he is doing.

On a side note - this is actually taken from an US law? "Girl" who hasnt' reached...blah blah. Seriously? Yay for gender equality.

Soooo...Also like people have said already, put the law aside and you'll clearly see this is far from rape. 16 isn't some little brat anymore who doesn't have any clue what he is doing.

Sorry it's early here and I haven't had my coffee :P

Are you agreeing that it's statutory rape? I agree it's not rape but it's definitely statutory rape which is different to rape. 

Sorry it's early here and I haven't had my coffee :p

Are you agreeing that it's statutory rape? I agree it's not rape but it's definitely statutory rape which is different to rape. 

It is yes. But far from the original understanding of rape. I agree, those teachers should be fired and all but that's about it. All this fuzz is kinda pointless. Maybe to show other teachers what not to do?

Thread Cleaned

I can't believe yet another topic is facing the same childish remarks. Please let me remind you that this sort of behavior is against the law and is not funny or cool in anyway what so ever!

is not illegal if it happened over here....just would have been misconduct and they would have been suspended and never work as a teacher again.....so in the views of a british man (yes i know its american laws) get that boy a medal.

(and before anyone says its against the law in america where it happened, alot of things are not or are against the laws in other countries but this forum can have opinions about them because they are not western so I am just being fair ) 

so my opinion, this 16 y/o may have filmed it? seems like he was up for it.... yes they should not have gone for it but why shouldn't he be punished either?

• Like 1

It is yes. But far from the original understanding of rape. I agree, those teachers should be fired and all but that's about it. All this fuzz is kinda pointless. Maybe to show other teachers what not to do?

That's fine, as long as we agree on that point ;)

Definitely not the same as rape, but that's why it's called statutory rape and not just rape. 

I'm not sure what the punishment in Louisiana is for statutory rape but that's the punishment they should receive, whether that's jail time or losing their jobs and being placed on the sex offenders register.

That's fine, as long as we agree on that point ;)

Definitely not the same as rape, but that's why it's called statutory rape and not just rape. 

I'm not sure what the punishment in Louisiana is for statutory rape but that's the punishment they should receive, whether that's jail time or losing their jobs and being placed on the sex offenders register.

Losing their job and on that list would be fine. Getting jail time for it? It's a bit harsh I think.

so my opinion, this 16 y/o may have filmed it? seems like he was up for it.... yes they should not have gone for it but why shouldn't he be punished either?

Punished for what? The teachers are seen as people in power and they are seen as breaking the law. Whether or not the boy was up for it or not, the teachers broke the law and the boy is considered the victim.  

Losing their job and on that list would be fine. Getting jail time for it? It's a bit harsh I think.

I agree that it would be harsh, maybe this case will set a precedent. At the end of the day the law is the law. I think someone mentioned further up, if exceptions are made where does it stop?

Statutory rape makes a mockery out of actual rape. It deserves it's own word, rape is to strong a word to be used in statutory rape.

Definitely agree with this.

Punished for what? The teachers are seen as people in power and they are seen as breaking the law. Whether or not the boy was up for it or not, the teachers broke the law and the boy is considered the victim.  

I agree that it would be harsh, maybe this case will set a precedent. At the end of the day the law is the law. I think someone mentioned further up, if exceptions are made where does it stop?

Definitely agree with this.

Laws are laws but I've seen so many of them flawed that they should be either changed or removed.

And I also agree that the law "name" should be changed.

• Like 1

Laws are laws but I've seen so many of them flawed that they should be either changed or removed.

Amen to that, but I don't think you or I are in that position :(