California teens allegedly kill 920 chickens with golf club, police say

FRESNO, Calif. ?  Deputies in central California have arrested four people -- one adult and three juveniles -- who are suspected of breaking into a Foster Farms chicken ranch and killing more than 900 birds with a golf club.

Fresno County sheriff's officials acting on several tips Wednesday tracked down 18-year-old Gabriel Quintero of Riverdale. Also taken into custody were two juvenile males, ages 15 and 17, from Caruthers, and a third juvenile male, age 17, from Lemoore. All have been booked on charges of burglary and felony cruelty to animals.

More...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/10/02/california-teens-allegedly-kill-20-chickens-with-golf-club-police-say/

killing more than 900 birds with a golf club... All have been booked on charges of burglary and felony cruelty to animals.

*Genocide?

Society can't even agree to immediately put down rapists, child molesters, and serial killers. The violent and meaningless slaughter of 900 lives will go mainly unnoticed and no real punishment will be handed down...

Sickening... I need to avoid these stupid negative news sources. Heartless stuff like this ruins my day.

• Like 3

*Genocide?

Society can't even agree to immediately put down rapists, child molesters, and serial killers.

yeah, i see you point...

but, seriously, you are not comparing serial killers with chicken murderours?  are you?

just for a simple fact -  i indulge in chicken meat almost daily.   most of the time it is free range ones, but if i cannot find or afford one, i will eat any regular old chicken!

i know the bird suffer, i have seen the documentaries that make me wanna puke, but i got accustomed to the fact that non sapient creatures suffer as part of out life.

but, seriously, you are not comparing serial killers with chicken murderours?  are you?

How can you not compare a -serial killer- to someone who viciously takes over 900 lives without any reason other than their own lack of mental health? These individuals are a determent to society.

I've read about serial killers in various criminology classes, many start by torturing and killing innocent house/farm animals. Killing for fun should not be tolerated. If my 5 year old nephew drowned an ant kill, I'd whoop his ass.

These people have passed the age that they should know better and their crime is completely inexcusable. What lives will these people live?

• Like 2

>

but, seriously, you are not comparing serial killers with chicken murderours? are you?

>

FYI, one of the early behaviors seen in serial killers is animal abuse. Some others are bedwetting past 5 and fantasies about control and violation. .

FYI, one of the early behaviors seen in serial killers is animal abuse.

hmm...   that is a valid point. 

certainly a death of so many animals is unimportant, but the fact that it is a trait?  hmm...

one adult and three juveniles

so,  you think all of them are potential serial killers?

How can you not compare a -serial killer- to someone who viciously takes over 900 lives without any reason other than their own lack of mental health? These individuals are a determent to society.

I've read about serial killers in various criminology classes, many start by torturing and killing innocent house/farm animals. Killing for fun should not be tolerated. If my 5 year old nephew drowned an ant kill, I'd whoop his ass.

These people have passed the age that they should know better and their crime is completely inexcusable. What lives will these people live?

actually you are right, i've read that most people that go bad one of the first signs is animal abuse... in this case now way they could justify the killing of more then 900 animals with a golf club, i mean WTF? one has to be really sick to do this...

so,  you think all of them are potential serial killers?

lets put in this perspective: any one that kills more than 900 animals (and chickens; we are not talking dangerous or wild animals that could put your life at danger) with a GOLF CLUB as a very serious bad mental health; cruelty and lack of empathy (or even fellings) are traits of serial killers.

lets put in this perspective: any one that kills more than 900 animals (and chickens; we are not talking dangerous or wild animals that could put your life at danger) with a GOLF CLUB as a very serious bad mental health; cruelty and lack of empathy (or even fellings) are traits of serial killers.

yeah, i agree... in a way, that one of those people is a sick xxxx.     but, chances are, the others were just teenages following at idiot.  and i hope they get out, after a stern warning.

no way all 3 teenagers are serial killers in making !!!!

I mean at what point does you conscience tell you that enough is enough. When you start whacking the third chicken, that's when it usually kicks in. These dudes went for 900 chickens..... :cry:

• Like 2

. When you start whacking the third chicken, that's when it usually kicks in. These dudes went for 900 chickens..... :cry:

Seriously?   Speaking from personal experience?     Wow....

and it was not the dude, it was one dude and 3 teenages that were in it, with him...    for reasons unknown.

ps.  just so you know, i have trouble killing a wasp on my table or a spider on my balcony.   in no way i am supportive of this acts.

but i can see how this kids value the life of a chicken for nothing. i mean we all eat them on nearly daily basis

to vilify ALL of the participants is just not fair, or just (ha... just not just... i amuse myself).

Seriously?   Speaking from personal experience?     Wow....

What? How does my post imply that I have experience? Or did you forget the sarcasm tag at the end? I am confused.  :s

yeah, i agree... in a way, that one of those people is a sick xxxx.     but, chances are, the others were just teenages following at idiot.  and i hope they get out, after a stern warning.

no way all 3 teenagers are serial killers in making !!!!

then clearly you never heard of the Dnepropetrovsk maniacs..

kids have a heard mentality that, if feed properly, can make them the most vile monsters you ever saw.

hmm... that is a valid point.

certainly a death of so many animals is unimportant, but the fact that it is a trait? hmm...

so, you think all of them are potential serial killers?

Serial killing teams have happened before. Usually one has a more dominant personality and is the leader. The Philadelphia Poison Ring was a group of 16 which killed 114 people in the 1930's. There was a group of 3 Houston men who killed over 40 in the 1970's.

Damn, i must be one hell of a serial killer. I worked for tyson foods in early 2004 and killed 187 thousand a shift. They tasted damn good also.

Im sure it comes as no surprise, the one name they released is not a stranger to jail.

post-508501-0-38968600-1412393585.jpg

Every life is valued and to take one's life way is sick. Human or animal. IDC! Lock their asses up!

What about a mosquito ?  Or a cockroach ?  A rabbit ?  or a worm ?

How do you feel about stepping on ants ?

Care to change your previous statement ?

An impressive golf club.  I would have figured it would have given out long before.  And geez, 900 chickens.  That must have been some serious work, around 225+ per person.  These kids are seriously messed up.  Serial killer or not they have issues.