What's wrong with my Start menu?

This doesn't look at all like the screenshots I've seen, it's just a little rectangle with nothing on it but a search box. Where's my stuff?

Y1pvF6U.png

Clicking all apps does not show all apps, just a single program.

This doesn't look at all like the screenshots I've seen, it's just a little rectangle with nothing on it but a search box. Where's my stuff?

Y1pvF6U.png

Right click the task bar, go to properties, then the start tab then customize.  Should be able to select to show control panel, admin apps...that sort of thing.  That will expand the start menu.  I dont have any apps installed either but my start menu has much more info.

post-91978-0-91443100-1412281031.png

post-91978-0-82239800-1412281035.png

Saw a similar screenshot in IRC last night too, something to do with a VM's guest additions not playing ball, don't recall all the details and not from first hand experience, running it on a spare test machine myself.

• Like 2

Sounds like your profile didn't setup correctly, I assume you have restarted?  Maybe create another?  Is that local or cloud?

Mine start menu was the same way until I did what I described in a previous post.

I forgot to mention this is a clean install in VMware. Also it is a local profile.

Edit: I installed the VMware Tools and restarted and now everything is normal. I guess it was just a VM issue as someone mentioned above.

You have a screen of the all apps?  Should have more apps in there to choose from. 

I forgot to mention this is a clean install in VMware. Also it is a local profile.

I just did the same earlier...no problems.

Y1pvF6U.png

O, come on... You removed all tiles and minimized the startmenu to that point. You did this yourself, don't come complaining here. All apps shows only 1 app because there isn't more space on your startmenu like that.

O, come on... You removed all tiles and minimized the startmenu to that point. You did this yourself, don't come complaining here. All apps shows only 1 app because there isn't more space on your startmenu like that.

First of all I was not complaining, I was asking a question and seeking help. Second I don't appreciate your accusations. This happened on a clean install on VMware on the first boot. I did not remove anything. As I said installing VMware tools and restarting seems to have fixed it and everything is working fine now.

becWhUq.png

Thanks again to everyone who offered suggestions.

You have a hard time believing someone found a bug in an alpha build? Your theory doesn't even work. At minimum height the Start menu is still tall enough for 3 recent apps.

Negetive. I got the exact same thing when I installed in VMware last night. I installed VMWare tools, rebooted and it came up with the normal start menu we've seen in the screenshots.

Huh, I guess you missed the post earlier where someone else saw a similar situation.  (N)