So I got a Moto 360 and I LOVE IT!

Just a handful of apps I think are useful apps with Android Wear and/or offer fairly cool watch faces. The latter category still has a way to go.

Apps

Bunting (Twitter App)

Wear Volume (Volume App)

Find My Phone (Locator app but will also let you know if phone and watch are no longer paired)

Google Keep (for cloud based note taking)

Watch Faces

Binary Watch Face

Facer

Wear Faces

Matrix watch Face (just because we can)

As I said above, the Watch Faces have quite a ways to go before they are the same quality as the stock choices, but they show good promise, and it is just interesting to me to see the beginning of custom watch face development. Facer and Wear Faces both let you experiment with making your own watch face as well, so that is why I recommend them.

EDIT - I did just realize not all of the watch face apps may work with the Moto 360 due to the fact it is a circle. Would be curious to hear if that is the case. Hopefully they do as they would be a shame if apps are further fragmented into sub categories of supporting the circle vs rectangle/square watches.

Would be curious to see what apps others are using on the Android Wear Watches.

Moto 360 is the best looking smartwatch currently available.

Have you seen the LG G Watch R. The real round watch.

lg-g-watch-r-1.jpg

LG_G_Watch_R_01_verge_super_wide.jpg

It takes standard watch bands so you can really personalize it to your liking.

2-lg-g-watch-r-060914.jpg

That bezel is so huge that the screen is pretty small. I'd prefer an edge to edge screen like the 360.

It takes standard watch bands so you can really personalize it to your liking.

Yes but it also does not have the nice features of the moto 360 such as ambient light sensor so the screen is always readable and the heartbeat sensor. Also it looks like a cheap sports watch.

One optional feature I wish they would add, is have the ability to tell it to vibrate when it disconnects (a.k.a gets to far away from the phone).

Like if you get in your car and you forget your phone. Once you get of or range it would buzz and remind you that you forgot your phone. or when you leave an establishment.

One optional feature I wish they would add, is have the ability to tell it to vibrate when it disconnects (a.k.a gets to far away from the phone).

Like if you get in your car and you forget your phone. Once you get of or range it would buzz and remind you that you forgot your phone. or when you leave an establishment.

hell yeah, it makes perfect sense.      so it does NOT have the disconnect warning at all?

I've been using one for a little. It's a great device. Personally, I think after a while I might just stop using it tethered and put it into airplane mode and use it as a standard watch. 

hell yeah, it makes perfect sense.      so it does NOT have the disconnect warning at all?

There is a little icon on the top that indicates disconnected. There is also a bar that sometimes appears that says disconnected, but it never buzzes when it disconnects. I would prefer it does 2 buzzes.

There is a little icon on the top that indicates disconnected. There is also a bar that sometimes appears that says disconnected, but it never buzzes when it disconnects. I would prefer it does 2 buzzes.

Maybe this would help? http://goo.gl/kDYPvq

Sweet Thanks! I'm gonna try it!  OMG that's amazing!!!

That is actually the app I use but I thought it was Find My Phone I share above. It does exactly what you want.

It gets a little annoying at times. I sometimes just keep my phone at my desk when I go to get some water or take a bathroom break, so it vibrates everytime the phone does disconnect from the watch.

That is actually the app I use but I thought it was Find My Phone I share above. It does exactly what you want.

It gets a little annoying at times. I sometimes just keep my phone at my desk when I go to get some water or take a bathroom break, so it vibrates everytime the phone does disconnect from the watch.

just tried find my phone. While it worked good for finding your phone it didn't work well for leaving your phone behind. It gave one small buzz. I want buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.. Wear aware is MUCH better for being alerted to leaving your phone behind.

What bugs?

I should rephrase.

I am not big on early-adoption. I think 2nd gen will be better (obviously) based on community feedback and this is really a first of its kind. This is something new to Motorola (and everyone else) we'll see much better things in 2015. But, I am glad people are enjoying what they have now.

just tried find my phone. While it worked good for finding your phone it didn't work well for leaving your phone behind. It gave one small buzz. I want buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.. Wear aware is MUCH better for being alerted to leaving your phone behind.

That is what I was saying, I mistakenly identified Find My Phone for Wear Aware. Wear Aware is what I use. I was just going by my Google Play app list online and missed Wear Aware.

Damn, I really want this to work as it is a great app, but it made my watch unresponsive 3 times and also crashed twice. That is all in about 5 minutes time. I unfortunately had to uninstall it, but damn I wish it worked.

That is what I was saying, I mistakenly identified Find My Phone for Wear Aware. Wear Aware is what I use. I was just going by my Google Play app list online and missed Wear Aware.

I use both. I use the find my phone to actually find my phone. the #1 missed call on my phone is from me :D

I actually went on a mission after I posted earlier determined to find a launcher app and after trying four different ones I landed on wLauncher.

It leaves a floating little icon so that is a tad annoying but worth putting up with considering the functionality it brings. All the other ones were wonky.

I really hope Google introduces that functionality officially as it's a joke getting to installed apps currently.