So I got a Moto 360 and I LOVE IT!

I just wish when a calender event came due it would buzz 3 times in case you missed the first buzz. It would be nice i the software would let you customize the number of buzzes.

Warwagon, what would be your input on the usefulness of the device? Productivity wise?   Eg. Why carry this, when any modern phone does most if not better?

Warwagon, what would be your input on the usefulness of the device? Productivity wise?   Eg. Why carry this, when any modern phone does most if not better?

I'm going to talk about me personally, so this might differ for someone else. I run my own computer repair business. (11 years and going strong :) ) .. My setup is as followed. When someone calls my house my voice mail server records the caller ID and sends a text message to my phone as well as a copy to a gmail account with a copy of the message.

Now when i'm outside mowing my lawn or out walking with a Podcast in my ear periodically I have to stop and dig my phone out of my pocket. In the case of mowing the lawn I have to let go of the bar thus shutting the mower off to check my calls. With the watch I get a buzz and / or if I don't feel that, to check to see if I have any missed calls I just have to look at my watch, it lights up and I instantly know if anyone has called.

Plus with the addition of the Wear Aware app, forgetting or loosing your phone is a thing of the past. As soon as I get as far as my car or out the door of an establishment without my phone, my wrist goes buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

Just the other day my phone was sitting on the counter charging upstairs. (didn't get charged the night before, charger wasn't all the way in). I was down stairs doing my end of the month quickbooks and a friend sent me a message.  I heard my phone go off upstairs indicating a text message, then my wrist buzzed, and I saw the message right on my wrist. it said "We have 3 kinds of lettus for $.68 cents at fareway today) ... I swiped to the side, I hit reply ... and said "Thanks for the heads up" ... That's it! Sooo cool!

15478501632_246aa12638_c.jpg

• Like 2

So, when you accidentally tap the screen, and google now comes up. How do you get it to go away without pressing a button. It doesn't seem like you can swipe it away in any direction.

So, when you accidentally tap the screen, and google now comes up. How do you get it to go away without pressing a button. It doesn't seem like you can swipe it away in any direction.

Correct, I just hit the button.

You can swipe away google now. I do it all the time. You just have to find the right spot. It can be kind of finicky.

• 1 month later...

So i've been using the Moto 360 for over a month now and I have this to day about it.

is it device I or anyone else NEEDS to have? Absolutely not.

But if you can afford it or any other round watch they have, at least for me its useful as frack.  I love the email, text notifications on my wrist and having the ability to swipe and respond with my voice. Without the phone even being in the same room. Do you absolutely need it? Nope, but it is great to have, oh yes!

Loving mine, that's for sure! First day I used it to reply to sms via voice the whole day haha.

I can't wait for the new wear version to come as well with lollipop.

Loving mine, that's for sure! First day I used it to reply to sms via voice the whole day haha.

I can't wait for the new wear version to come as well with lollipop.

ya and it's pretty accurate too. Did u tell them u pitty the foo ?

ya and it's pretty accurate too. Did u tell them u pitty the foo ?

It's amazing, I did ask how old he was though! haha

Have you seen the LG G Watch R. The real round watch.

lg-g-watch-r-1.jpg

LG_G_Watch_R_01_verge_super_wide.jpg

It takes standard watch bands so you can really personalize it to your liking.

2-lg-g-watch-r-060914.jpg

I just noticed that LG watch plugs in to charge? ewww

I've been enjoying mine as well. People have asked if this is the new Apple Watch. I've also been accused of being a spy lol. It's useful for me and only going to get better. With the Lollipop update, Google will finally make the watchface API available to all.

• 2 months later...

I'm going to update everyone on my experience with the Moto 360.

After the new Lollipop (Android 5.0 update on the watch) I like my Moto 360 substantially less.

Throughout the day notifications just stop and you have to reboot the watch before they will return. (there are a vast number of people on the internet experiencing the same issue) If the notifications do arrive nothing ever vibrates for me anymore.

The Android 5.0 update has been a huge step back, to the point were i don't wear it that much any more. I hope they release an update to fix this cluster###### of an update.

So I just cleared the android wear cache and data and restarted my phone and reset my watch...repaired it restarted my phone a few times. Now the notifications are arriving and vibrating. But we'll see if the notifications stop arriving after a while still.

Well notifications already died. That didn't take very long.

Hmm.. Now that's got me worried. I just got my Moto 360 last week. But I already applied the 5.0.1 the same day I got the watch. I haven't experienced any notification issues or vibration issues. 

I have not had or heard of any of those issues. You may want to reset your watch. It will probably fix those issues.

My LG G Watch seems to last around 2 days, brightness level cranked, screen always on and I use it all the time.

Bought a black leather strap for mine, looks pretty nice. Love the watch.

I got myself a lg g watch and started programming my own watch face in android studio :D

Here's an image:

EQaam.jpg

Above watchface is square only but I can add support for rounded displays. It shows the hours in the center and the minutes and seconds with the blue and white indicator. Anything I could improve on this watchface?

If anyone has watch face ideas I'm all ears.

Edit:

here's a rounded version.

4hCjnIz.png

I'm going to update everyone on my experience with the Moto 360.

After the new Lollipop (Android 5.0 update on the watch) I like my Moto 360 substantially less.

Throughout the day notifications just stop and you have to reboot the watch before they will return. (there are a vast number of people on the internet experiencing the same issue) If the notifications do arrive nothing ever vibrates for me anymore.

The Android 5.0 update has been a huge step back, to the point were i don't wear it that much any more. I hope they release an update to fix this cluster###### of an update.

So I just cleared the android wear cache and data and restarted my phone and reset my watch...repaired it restarted my phone a few times. Now the notifications are arriving and vibrating. But we'll see if the notifications stop arriving after a while still.

Well notifications already died. That didn't take very long.

I have the complete opposite experience with the Lollipop upgrade. I still get my notifications, as expected. But I also get even more battery life. I am slated to get over 30 or so hours on a single charge. And I'm getting notifications every few minutes as well (I get email ALL day while at work).

I have the complete opposite experience with the Lollipop upgrade. I still get my notifications, as expected. But I also get even more battery life. I am slated to get over 30 or so hours on a single charge. And I'm getting notifications every few minutes as well (I get email ALL day while at work).

Android 5 update also improved my battery life on my lg g watch. And the update was really neccessary, android wear kitkat didn't have multiple apis which as example made making watch faces something complicated before.