There's a "Windows Tech Preview For Consumer" in win10TP

A OEM friend told me that in the Win10TP wim there is actually a index2 called "Windows Tech Preview For Consumer", so tried it out of curiosity.

Unfortunately, adding EI.cfg didn't give a choice on installation, so I DISM-applied index2 to a new drive, then boot into it:

2YfqStU.jpg

On reboot and after setup:

2Ojf5qO.jpg

My friend told me it could be KMS activated, or, you could use "Add Features" in CP, enter the WTP key, then change it to WTP, so, actually it is the WTP-Core.(LOL)
:laugh: 
4cxSsOc.jpg

That's all well and good but is there anything new in there that gets added/unlocked or not?

Nah, don't count on me, I don't have the time nor the knowledge to do that. :)

To me it seemed the same but i had to reinstall WinX because that version of TP wont be auto activated and you cant activate it, further more it does however accept Windows 8+ Core Product Keys so it might be more lacking in features rather than having more. 

Nah, don't count on me, I don't have the time nor the knowledge to do that. :)

Someone asks a simple question about a topic YOU created and this is your answer? Not very mature to just brush the person off like that. Very rude.

OjJ1qbg.jpg

Nobody said it was gone from the desktop. Why are you taking a simple keyboard shortcut and making it appear to be more than what it is? You're acting like you discovered this all on your own and nobody else could possibly have known it existed. Only FaiKee knew.

A OEM friend told me that in the Win10TP wim there is actually a index2 called "Windows Tech Preview For Consumer", so tried it out of curiosity.

Unfortunately, adding EI.cfg didn't give a choice on installation, so I DISM-applied index2 to a new drive, then boot into it:

2YfqStU.jpg

On reboot and after setup:

2Ojf5qO.jpg

My friend told me it could be KMS activated, or, you could use "Add Features" in CP, enter the WTP key, then change it to WTP, so, actually it is the WTP-Core.(LOL)

4cxSsOc.jpg

I like how someone that you don't know at all posted this on a forum that you just happen to frequent and suddenly I see you posting it on other forums where it turns into "an OEM friend told me....".

How's that secret Win7 to WTP upgrade program with the top secret NDA going? I like how you're saying you have had the WTP installed for a while now and couldn't talk about it because of this top secret program you were in, yet you were asking some very basic WTP questions on the usual forums that you should have known the answers to seeing how you had it installed and everything. Or is that in the NDA? You have to ask questions to fool others into thinking you don't know what you're doing?

What's this need for attention you have? I told you: Post/spread BS and I'll call you out on it.

• Like 3

Someone asks a simple question about a topic YOU created and this is your answer? Not very mature to just brush the person off like that. Very rude.

Nobody said it was gone from the desktop. Why are you taking a simple keyboard shortcut and making it appear to be more than what it is? You're acting like you discovered this all on your own and nobody else could possibly have known it existed. Only FaiKee knew.

I like how someone that you don't know at all posted this on a forum that you just happen to frequent and suddenly I see you posting it on other forums where it turns into "an OEM friend told me....".

How's that secret Win7 to WTP upgrade program with the top secret NDA going? I like how you're saying you have had the WTP installed for a while now and couldn't talk about it because of this top secret program you were in, yet you were asking some very basic WTP questions on the usual forums that you should have known the answers to seeing how you had it installed and everything. Or is that in the NDA? You have to ask questions to fool others into thinking you don't know what you're doing?

What's this need for attention you have? I told you: Post/spread BS and I'll call you out on it.

I agree about the part that the consumer preview is already known, but don't kill the messenger seriously.

The only one I see who is being rude is you. It' so mature of you to attack someone on something the simply do not know? :rolleyes:

Some people on Neowin are so negative, while others simply state their opinion and get attacked. Yes, like I said I agree with you that this was known but you are the one who brought rudeness to this thread.

In response to the OP, yes we knew a CP was coming after the TP.

That guy is a known hater in here and MDL, simply ignore him like everybody does.

And I didn't mean anything about a Consumer Preview, the "Tech Preview for Consumer" is just a branding for the Core SKU. :)

I agree about the part that the consumer preview is already known, but don't kill the messenger seriously.

The only one I see who is being rude is you. It' so mature of you to attack someone on something the simply do not know? :rolleyes:

Some people on Neowin are so negative, while others simply state their opinion and get attacked. Yes, like I said I agree with you that this was known but you are the one who brought rudeness to this thread.

In response to the OP, yes we knew a CP was coming after the TP.

How is it rude of me to point out that he didn't discover any of this, but acts like he did?

FaiKee had the rude reply towards George P for asking a simple question and I pointed that out.

I wasn't rude at all. That's me being calm. He spreads lies and steals others work and it gets old.

Show where I was rude. All I see is me pointing out his rudeness and lying.