Orioles

Should the Orioles put up the money to sign Vlady??

I mean, they need a face for their team. Who is the face of that team now?

Mora?

Matos?

We need a big time player. With the arms race brewing between Boston/NY, the Orioles would do well to grab just one prime time player.

What do you think they should do?

If the orioles got him, and Javy Lopez, that would rock. Vlady and Gibbo in the 4 and 5 spot make for a nice 1-2 punch. Gibbo will protect Vlady so that he doesn't get walked alot, and it puts Gibbo in a place to punch in some RBI's.

Man, my mouth is watering over this. Please Please Pull the trigger Angelos! Make the deal.

Sorry for the double reply.

This is how i'd like to see the orioles Offense.

(not batting order)

C- Lopez

1b - Gibbons??

2b - Hairston Jr

3b - Roberts. (yeah, i think he can make the move)

ss - tejada (i know, i'm dreaming, no way we get three free agents!)

OF - Vlady

OF - Mora

OF - Matos

DH - Cust

What do you think??

Sorry for the double reply.

This is how i'd like to see the orioles Offense.

(not batting order)

C- Lopez

1b - Gibbons??

2b - Hairston Jr

3b - Roberts. (yeah, i think he can make the move)

ss - tejada (i know, i'm dreaming, no way we get three free agents!)

OF - Vlady

OF - Mora

OF - Matos

DH - Cust

What do you think??

yeah no way are you guys gonna get vlad, javy, and tejada... if i were an orioles fan, i'd be happy with any one of those 3 - tejada and vlad first though.. i dont think javy will ever put up number like he did last year again. hes only 2 years removed from hitting .233 with 11HRs.. he had a good season, but i think it was a fluke

Peter Angelos is a joke. He says that since Belle's contract is finally up, we have funds to go out spended. We have not done one thing but lose players. I know we wont get any of those players. Why would they want to come to baltimore. Our team is a joke. Its a true shame.

Think of all the players we had in 99. Think of the pitching staff that has gone through the o's. Brown, Moyer, Mussina, Wells, list goes on.

Its a shame.

And now I look stupid as the Os just signed Tejada. GOOOO O's lol

I'm happy Peter Angelos is willing to partake in the FREE AGENTS this Offseason. I mean suit up Vlady and NOW TEJADA (w00tw00t) and let's see some good young pitching take over. < oh wait; our pitching is average>

What happen if yankees don't make it to the playoff next season ?? :huh:

the world will be a better place, and ill be happy with any outcome in the playoffs, as long as atlanta wins. so, who actually believes either of those things will happen? not me

the world will be a better place, and ill be happy with any outcome in the playoffs, as long as atlanta wins. so, who actually believes either of those things will happen? not me

At the moment yankees only 1 or 2 good pitchers. They lost 3 best pitchers. Red sox have better chances of winning next year than yankees. Yankees will loose next unless they bring some miracle.

At the moment yankees only 1 or 2 good pitchers. They lost 3 best pitchers. Red sox have better chances of winning next year than yankees. Yankees will loose next unless they bring some miracle.

Last year the Rotation was

Clemens-Mussina-Pettitte-Wells-Weaver

now its looking to be

Brown-Mussina-Vasquez-Conteras-Lieber or Wells

Not sure you can call that a bad rotation, hell assuming good health its quite an upgrade. Not to mention a much better bullpen

btw sorry for crapping on the Orioles thread. They seems to be building a contending team, but the AL East has to be the hardest division atm.