Lifemate P4

I made a crappy screenshot to explain :) I'm not sure how I should call the "content" (icon, label, ...?). Anyway, here it is:

g9zFf38.png

This happen when:

1. Loading the app

2. switching to dark theme

3. switching back to light theme

I see :) 

This has already been fixed in the next version, thanks for the feedback :)

I see :)

This has already been fixed in the next version, thanks for the feedback :)

Alright, I was expecting that :)

It looks like the interface was built with html, am I correct?

What did you use to write it? Planning to work on native apps myself and I'm coming from web development.

It looks like the interface was built with html, am I correct?

What did you use to write it? Planning to work on native apps myself and I'm coming from web development.

It's built with XAML :)

I'm using VB to write it.

It's built with XAML :)

I'm using VB to write it.

Just looked up xaml, seems like a hassle to style since it uses xml for styling.

How do you make animations? I guess it's not that simple as css transitions :(  ?

Just looked up xaml, seems like a hassle to style since it uses xml for styling.

How do you make animations? I guess it's not that simple as css transitions :(  ?

I either use Blend to create the animations or write them myself, but they're normally pretty simple to write.

An example of an animation:

<DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.RenderTransform).(TransformGroup.Children)[0].(ScaleTransform.ScaleX)" Storyboard.TargetName="borderNoteOptions">
                <EasingDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="0:0:0.3" Value="1">
                    <EasingDoubleKeyFrame.EasingFunction>
                        <CircleEase EasingMode="EaseOut"/>
                    </EasingDoubleKeyFrame.EasingFunction>
                </EasingDoubleKeyFrame>
            </DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames>
  • Like 1

It's not that hard once you've played around with it a bit. Plus Visual Studio's IntelliSense helps you a lot with it by providing autocomplete. Also, controls can still be dragged and dropped on the window forms, like with WinForms. It's just that, if you wish to further customize a control, you can also dive into the xaml instead of changing properties through menu's.

For animations you'd have to use what they call StoryBoards. They're also pretty easy once you undertstand them.

Then there is also Blend for Visual Studio, which is a graphical tool to help style controls and create animations. I've never used Blend though, I like doing things manually.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Is the "~" character a hotkey for something? I use it as shorthand for approx. and it deletes the entry?

I don't believe so but i'll certainly look into it, thanks :)

Nice to see this project is still alive. :) As a small suggestion, do you plan to make Lifemate using different caption buttons (close/minimize/maximize)

Nice to see this project is still alive. :) As a small suggestion, do you plan to make Lifemate using different caption buttons (close/minimize/maximize)

I'll be posting several little previews of Lifemate P3 over the next few days.

For today, enjoy the new Overflow menu and window controls.

http://gfycat.com/TimelyTameAngwantibo

rskmx4DTy5HXqSF2-Region.png

• Like 2

I love it!! Looking forward to the next release. Current release crashes when I try to attach a file... And the taskbar icon looks goddamn awful  :p

post-552628-0-50945600-1434684496.png

I love it!! Looking forward to the next release. Current release crashes when I try to attach a file... And the taskbar icon looks goddamn awful  :p

What OS are ya running?

I'm not too sure why the icons like that but i'll try and fix it for the next version :)

---

Next preview of P3:

HFaFWrb.png

I wonder what these are for...?  :shiftyninja:

What OS are ya running?

I'm not too sure why the icons like that but i'll try and fix it for the next version :)

---

Next preview of P3:

HFaFWrb.png

I wonder what these are for...?  :shiftyninja:

I think I know what those are for and I love it!

I'm currently on build 10147 (The recently leaked one) of Windows 10 but the issue was present on the latest official build as well. I didn't have a chance to try it on Win 8.1 yet.

I think I know what those are for and I love it!

I'm currently on build 10147 (The recently leaked one) of Windows 10 but the issue was present on the latest official build as well. I didn't have a chance to try it on Win 8.1 yet.

I just tried it on the latest leaked build and i'm getting the same thing too :/ Maybe to do with how I saved the icon file - i'll try it in a different program and see if it works. 

--

Next Preview

The new Setup screen 

qu0YT8VK5FH7Uotj-Lifemate.png

Gif:

http://gfycat.com/HandyDaringHypsilophodon

• Like 3

I just tried it on the latest leaked build and i'm getting the same thing too :/ Maybe to do with how I saved the icon file - i'll try it in a different program and see if it works. 

--

Next Preview

The new Setup screen 

qu0YT8VK5FH7Uotj-Lifemate.png

Gif:

http://gfycat.com/HandyDaringHypsilophodon

That arrow morphing into a check looks gorgeous!

I've been thinking about this and maybe when I said the glitchy icon was also present on the latest official build I was actually on the leaked 10135 build... My bad.  :whistle:

Since your're not only amazing at this but also a mod and I'm fairly new to the forum I might have a question for you. 

What's the policy on editing quotes here? I'm not talking about changing the text, of course, just trimming it by removing images (So not to stretch the page) or only quoting the sentence that is relevant  to my reply. I couldn't find anything on the Community rules.

That arrow morphing into a check looks gorgeous!

I've been thinking about this and maybe when I said the glitchy icon was also present on the latest official build I was actually on the leaked 10135 build... My bad.  :whistle:

Since your're not only amazing at this but also a mod and I'm fairly new to the forum I might have a question for you. 

What's the policy on editing quotes here? I'm not talking about changing the text, of course, just trimming it by removing images (So not to stretch the page) or only quoting the sentence that is relevant  to my reply. I couldn't find anything on the Community rules.

That sounds completely fine to do :) I've done it before myself so i'm sure you'll be fine.

Where can I download a preview of this amazing app? :)

There's a link to the older version on the first page, the newer version previewed above is still in the works and won't be available until around the end of summer.

-

Icon Exploration for P3, any ideas?

post-309968-0-74806000-1434887756.pngpost-309968-0-48191300-1434887762.pngpost-309968-0-41745900-1434887764.pngpost-309968-0-99629700-1434887765.pngpost-309968-0-33751400-1434887767.pngpost-309968-0-43848500-1434887768.png

Not working...

Got this issue...

NotWorking.png

Attached install.log for debugging purpose:

The following properties have been set:

Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}
Property: [installMode] = HomeSite {string}
Property: [NTProductType] = 1 {int}
Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = AMD64 {string}
Property: [VersionNT] = 6.3.0 {version}
Running checks for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)', phase BuildList
Reading value 'Version' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full'
Read string value '4.5.51650'
Setting value '4.5.51650 {string}' for property 'DotNet45Full_TargetVersion'
The following properties have been set for package 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)':
Property: [DotNet45Full_TargetVersion] = 4.5.51650 {string}
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_x86_x64.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_x86_x64.exe' is 'Bypass'
Running checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'InstallMode' and value 'HomeSite': false
Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'DotNet45Full_TargetVersion' and value '4.5.50709': true
Result of checks for command 'DotNetFX45\dotNetFx45_Full_setup.exe' is 'Bypass'
'Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
Launching Application.
URLDownloadToCacheFile failed with HRESULT '-2146697208'
Error: An error occurred trying to download 'https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9873087/Lifemate/Lifemate.application'.