Lifemate P4

I've just published another update, make sure to reopen Lifemate a couple of times to trigger it. Once it's installed head to Settings again and click Theme > then pick any, do the same for the Daytime and Nighttime options.

Update received! The crash is gone, but the Themes folder is empty.

Switching "Automatic switching" complains again about Light.xml and Dark.xml being missing.

Update received! The crash is gone, but the Themes folder is empty.

Switching "Automatic switching" complains again about Light.xml and Dark.xml being missing.

Aaaand just released another update :p

This time I've included a Reset Lifemate option as well as some code which will copy across the themes files if they don't exist for whatever reason, so it should fix your problem :)

Thanks,

Jan :)

Aaaand just released another update :p

This time I've included a Reset Lifemate option as well as some code which will copy across the themes files if they don't exist for whatever reason, so it should fix your problem :)

Thanks,

Jan :)

Update installed, reset executed. However, it seems LifeMate is really missing Light.xml :) I'm getting this popup after finishing the wizard and pressing the "V"

Untitled.png

Update installed, reset executed. However, it seems LifeMate is really missing Light.xml :) I'm getting this popup after finishing the wizard and pressing the "V"

Untitled.png

Seems the issue was that ClickOnce thinks that XML is data only, not a resource therefore it wasn't copying to the storage folder, hence the errors.

Anyways, I've set the right permissions now so it should be working fine if all goes well :) Update available now.

Seems the issue was that ClickOnce thinks that XML is data only, not a resource therefore it wasn't copying to the storage folder, hence the errors.

Anyways, I've set the right permissions now so it should be working fine if all goes well :) Update available now.

Yep, after a reset it is working! Very nice choice of colours :)

New update out now!

G39517B.png

You can now change the view and sort modes for notes, so you can now display your notes as cards verses a list and you can also change how your notes are sorted.

For those of you who already have Lifemate installed be sure to restart it a couple of times to get the update to download.

Thanks,

Jan.

• Like 2

New update out now!

G39517B.png

You can now change the view and sort modes for notes, so you can now display your notes as cards verses a list and you can also change how your notes are sorted.

For those of you who already have Lifemate installed be sure to restart it a couple of times to get the update to download.

Thanks,

Jan.

This looks neat! I'll install as soon as I get home.

• 2 weeks later...

The design of Lifemate is stunning, unfortunately the lack of any kind of option where to install or even how to (seems to me that this type of application would benefit greatly if available as portable or self contained inside it's folder) makes it very unfriendly, event the shortcut isn't pointing to installation directory. Other that that it is still rather buggy on Windows 7, with problems descirbed by Raphael.

Keep up the work and think about portable version.

The design of Lifemate is stunning, unfortunately the lack of any kind of option where to install or even how to (seems to me that this type of application would benefit greatly if available as portable or self contained inside it's folder) makes it very unfriendly, event the shortcut isn't pointing to installation directory. Other that that it is still rather buggy on Windows 7, with problems descirbed by Raphael.

I would love a portable version as well.

Lifemate's installed through ClickOnce as it makes it easier for me to package it, distribute it and update it. It should be installed to a folder inside appdata, don't believe I can change that.

What's buggy about it on Windows 7? I'd assume the sidebar might be buggy but the rest should work just the same as it does on Windows 10.

I'll definitely look into building a portable version :)

Is this by any chance open source?

Closed source sorry.

--

1ySIJaz.png

P5 brings quite a few changes which makes using Lifemate even easier and faster.

Quick pic of the jumplist:

gXp1uIh.png

Coming soon.

• Like 3

Wow I'm not sure what I'm seeing in your latest screenshot, but it looks stunning. I'm looking forward to the next preview.

Notes can now have header images (like they could waaaay back in the day, had to remove the feature though when I overhauled the app :P).

H2E284S.png

Here is the bug in Windows 7 (nothing helps fix it..reset, uninstall, reinstall...it is persistent from few versions ago), there was one more but seems to be fixed in latest build.

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.a0d589913b0f2cf0d02

Here is the bug in Windows 7 (nothing helps fix it..reset, uninstall, reinstall...it is persistent from few versions ago), there was one more but seems to be fixed in latest build.

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.a0d589913b0f2cf0d02

Is it possible for you to make notes? 

• 1 month later...

Just a WPF app styled to look like a Windows 10 app :) 

No cloud syncing yet except for saving your notes manually to OneDrive or Dropbox, although it's certainly on my list of things to add once I learn about the online side of things :)

yay for syncing. will it ever be a universal win app?

yay for syncing. will it ever be a universal win app?

Maybe one day, I need to finish the Win32 version first then I'll get to planning on ports of Lifemate :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Ok, I had to log in just to say: THIS IS AWESOME!

I don't know how the rest of you think, but I think that this is how Windows 10 apps should look like. Currently they look REALLY BAD. Even the OS by itself looks worse than this application. 

I have to say that the style of your app is very similar to OS X programs, but it's a good thing. Windows developers have a lot to learn and I think they could learn just by looking at jour job.

When you implement syncing and release a WM10 version I'll be able to switch from OneNote (works great, but looks... not so great) to LifeMate.

Sorry for double post, but I couldn't edit the last post.

I just downloaded the app and have some feedback:

• During the first-run procedure there's an error in a mesaage displayed:

your notes will notes.PNG

• When I created a new note, typed a title and a note itselt, I couldn't open Sidebar - clicking on a hamburger doesn't open sidebar, I have to restart LifeMate. Also, when this happens and I maximize the window I see this:

fullscreen.PNG

• When I clicked Characters/Words number in the bottom I saw this (top-left corner):

words.PNG

P.S. I'm using the latest version of WIndows 10 (non-Insider)

Edited by Loreno

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2015 at 4:10 AM, Jan said:

Notes can now have header images (like they could waaaay back in the day, had to remove the feature though when I overhauled the app :P).

H2E284S.png

How? I can not see an option to add an image header =/

Is this still being developed because I love it! Can't wait for the header images... 

You guys have inspired me to become a developer, I am learning stack development for web applications.  I use Raphael's Dopamine to listen to all my music and I am now using Lifemate to keep track of my coding project notes. 

Currently I am learning HTML / CSS / JavaScript / PHP / MySQL.  Fun stuff! =)

Thanks for the inspiration you guys!

Keep up the great work!!!

14 hours ago, Ravensky said:

Is this still being developed because I love it! Can't wait for the header images... 

You guys have inspired me to become a developer, I am learning stack development for web applications.  I use Raphael's Dopamine to listen to all my music and I am now using Lifemate to keep track of my coding project notes. 

I'm glad we inspire you :)

On 1/2/2016 at 8:21 AM, Loreno said:

Ok, I had to log in just to say: THIS IS AWESOME!

I don't know how the rest of you think, but I think that this is how Windows 10 apps should look like. Currently they look REALLY BAD. Even the OS by itself looks worse than this application. 

I have to say that the style of your app is very similar to OS X programs, but it's a good thing. Windows developers have a lot to learn and I think they could learn just by looking at jour job.

When you implement syncing and release a WM10 version I'll be able to switch from OneNote (works great, but looks... not so great) to LifeMate.

Thanks :) A UWP version of Lifemate is in progress but my main priority at the moment is getting the Win32 version finished :)

On 1/2/2016 at 10:02 AM, Loreno said:

Sorry for double post, but I couldn't edit the last post.

I just downloaded the app and have some feedback:

• During the first-run procedure there's an error in a mesaage displayed:

your notes will notes.PNG

• When I created a new note, typed a title and a note itselt, I couldn't open Sidebar - clicking on a hamburger doesn't open sidebar, I have to restart LifeMate. Also, when this happens and I maximize the window I see this:

fullscreen.PNG

• When I clicked Characters/Words number in the bottom I saw this (top-left corner):

words.PNG

P.S. I'm using the latest version of WIndows 10 (non-Insider)

I'll be sure to get those first two things finished for the next release.

Clicking the characters/words opens up an info view for the note, it just isn't finished yet.

On 1/2/2016 at 7:04 PM, Ravensky said:

How? I can not see an option to add an image header =/

That'll be available in the next release :)

On 1/5/2016 at 6:52 AM, Ravensky said:

Yep still being developed :) 

That's super awesome and I'm glad we've inspired you, best of luck with the future.