Win 10 Tech Preview thoughts

I will jump on the bandwagon of why Microsoft skipped Windows 9......Because I feel the tech preview is windows 9.  Why?  As a recent Neowin article stated many users have been finding references to Win 8.1 u2 when installing and my other reason is Windows Technical Preview went in too slick as a upgrade.  I had zero problems as a upgrade and it has been my experience when upgradeing a os to a new os it does not like something such as antivirus or other software such as games and It liked all my equipment drivers and I have some older stuff. Unless I missed it I have also found no references to Windows 10 in the Win Tech Preview

So like I said I think the Windows Technical Preview is Windows 9 because Microsoft is going to gradually add features till they are happy they can package it as Windows 10.  That is why all they are asking for all the feedback, they are going to put in Windows 10 what works, tweak things that need tweaking and get rid of things that don't work.  I also think we will see Windows 10 as a beta early next year before they rtm it in mid 2015 

Well off my soapbox now so what do you think?   :rolleyes:

Update 2 for Windows 8 was rumored to be pushed in the Spring of 2015 but Microsoft decided to make Windows 10 a free update for Windows 8/8.1 users instead.

Also, as explained in another article, it appears that Windows 9 was skipped over because of the code to search for Windows versions, all the Windows 95/98SE and Millennium editions had 'if Windows 9' (or similar) embedded in the code, so it was also a coding related decision to call it 10.

Update 2 for Windows 8 was rumored to be pushed in the Spring of 2015 but Microsoft decided to make Windows 10 a free update for Windows 8/8.1 users instead.

Also, as explained in another article, it appears that Windows 9 was skipped over because of the code to search for Windows versions, all the Windows 95/98SE and Millennium editions had 'if Windows 9' (or similar) embedded in the code, so it was also a coding related decision to call it 10.

so update 2 spring 2015, Windows 10....? spring 2016 or fall 2015?

so update 2 spring 2015, Windows 10....? spring 2016 or fall 2015?

No more Update 2, what he was saying is that Update 2 (threshold) turned into Windows 10

When that will be released is not known yet, although early rumors stated Q2 2015.

So Consumer Preview in Jan/Feb 2015

Build Conference in April 2015

RTM or GA still possible around late June 2015 

this is what I think...Win Tech Preview users are building windows 10 ...Microsoft will add features and see what works with updates and when the cp gets here we will have a better idea what win 10 looks like.  Win Tech preview is just a base to collect data for microsoft