Sega Retro Android Micro Console?

Hope the title didn't mislead you, there is no news of such a thing but, what if?

I had a strange idea today on a lazy Sunday while lounging around and doing laundry and such....u know how it goes.

This post may be a little long but, i think this would be an excellent idea.

But anyways,

My idea combines the concepts and functionality of the Retron 5 and a Android Micro Console like the Ouya for example.

What if Sega decided to make a proprietary Android TV based device that had a built in cartridge slot and a CD/GD ROM slot for backwards compatibility for its retro consoles?

lets name this idea....

The SEGA ANDROmeda

This is the perfect name in my opinion, hear me out...

The idea for the name comes from our galaxy's (the milky way) neighboring galaxy Andromeda. Sega was always thought of as the ALTERNATIVE to the dominate empire that was Nintendo or Sony. Therefore, this refers to the ALTERNATE galaxy of legacy content playable by Sega. And the prefix ANDRO signifies that is ANDROid based. Clever name if i do say so myself. *ahem*  :shifty:

The system would be similar in design to the Sega CDX, with a retro look. The specs of the console is as follows...

Supported Backward compatibility: (via software emulation)

Genesis/Mega Drive

32X

Sega CD/CD32x

Saturn

Dreamcast

also....

Master System (with power base converter or 3rd party adapter)

Game Gear (Via 3rd party adapter)

Games would unfortunately be software emulation. But lets be realistic, it would be to costly to cram all the necessary parts to play the legacy systems. Saturn and Dreamcast aren't currently emulated well on Android to my knowledge, but Sega could spearhead their of emulation development.

Upon Launching games you would be presented with Original or Advanced mode.

Advanced mode would support Graphic Filters, Saving/Loading States, Fast/Slow Motion, Cheats, and possibly Achievements.

Original mode would be no frills no save states cheats etc... However, you would be able to save/mirror Battery save data or memory cart/VMU to the system memory, which would be handy since most old carts batteries don't work anymore...

App Stores:

Sega App Store: Sega Games for Android at your fingertips ready to play on the device. Possible Exclusive games, or at least first hand Sega releases. Also a supported INDIE community with indie games much like the OUYA. Indie Games could even be released on Cartridge or CD/GDRom.

Google Play Store: For a more complete Android experience. Compatible with the upcoming Android TV platform. 

System Specs:

Quad core ARM CPU with a reasonably powerful dedicated GPU

4 GB RAM

SSD various sizes

SD Card slot for expanding storage 

Cartridge slot: Sega Genesis/32x games also supports Power Base converter for Master system games

GD-Rom+ slot: The proprietary Dreamcast media slot upgraded to support additional storage (say up to 50GB) This feature is questionable since it would require Sega to remanufacture the GD ROM drives but this is just a pipe dream

Controller:

Dpad

dual analogs

2 each bumpers/triggers (L1 L2 R1 R2)

6 face buttons (layout similar to Retron or a sideways genesis controller button layout ABC/XYZ)

Mode/Start Buttons

Home Button

2 macro buttons (save/load states programable)

Wireless bluetooth with micro USB for charging

USB to Retro controller adapters available

So what do you think? Would you buy something like this? I am trying to design a visual concept in Adobe illustrator to better illustrate this concept.

I could see this in action, but unfortunately I don't think Sega will ever return to the console/hardware war after their constant failed attempts at making consoles.

I don't really see a market for it. The people who want to play their real cartridges are obviously going to play them on a real console. Everyone else who just emulates them can just buy pretty much any device made today then download every single game for every classic console ever made and play them free.

I understand that sega making another console is far fetched. But an Android micro console could be cheap for them to manufacture and profitable for a niche market. They have already released officially licensed Sega Genesis retro systems, this would be a more evolved concept of that. 

example

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/official-sega-arcade-mini-lcd-handheld-portable-game-system-with-20/216067590.html

I think that if they were able to pull off higher quality emulation on all consoles especially the Dreamcast and Saturn it would be a good selling point. The Retron 5 has proven there is a market for people who want to have the convenice using their physical copies of games on a emulated system with enhancements such as graphic/audio filters, save states, fast forward etc... 

I take one thing I mentioned back. Perhaps the idea of a Sega App Store wouldn't be necessary. Perhaps a simple Sega app that gives quick access to downloading Sega Content as well as a spotlight for Android Indie games.

If the console was a low price like the ouya around $99 i think it would sell pretty decently as a niche product and satisfy retro gamers who are looking for a convenient/consolidated way to experience there actual physical games they collect.