installing windows xp error

When installing windows XP I get a blue screen error with the error code: 0x0000007b

HP G56

I ran a diagnostic scan and all the hardware is working correctly.

I also installed this operating system on another computer without any issues.

Can someone link me to the drivers I need to download?

"

During the first phase of the Windows XP installation, Setup displays the following message at the bottom of the screen:

Press F6 if you have to install a third-party SCSI or RAID driver.

Press F6 and then follow the instructions to install a mass-storage device driver from your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM). For additional information about using F6 to load an OEM device driver to support, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: "

what is the exact model number - from hp site does not seem like xp drivers are available?

post-14624-0-50733900-1412604107.png

Have you installed XP to this hardware before?

• Like 1

I hate to repeat something I know we've discussed in another topic, and it really depends on what you're trying to do here but.... Virtual Machines are you friends :D

Check the I Sata mode in the Bios ..Try changing it from  AHCI or Raid to Sata. That's when i've seen XP throw that error.

Huh? What would of been on the hard drive when you installed it the first time. I would look to the bios and put in compatible mode vs AHCI mode - which highly unlikely drives for xp are there. Those quite often have to be added to the install media or added during the install.

So what is the exact model number?

Check the I Sata mode in the Bios ..Try changing it from AHCI or Raid to Sata. That's when i've seen XP throw that error.

my computer does not have the option to do that

my computer does not have the option to do that

ok, If you are unable to change the settings for your SATA controller you will need to slipstream the drivers for it into your install media.

It is strange that you have been able to install windows XP on this laptop before with out any issues.