Photo

Speed Test and test your connection speed!

internet isp

1129 replies to this topic

#871 Jub Fequois

Jub Fequois

Owlblood

• Phone: OnePlus One

Posted 08 January 2013 - 17:01

I'm not even going to post a picture, because you'll just think it's shooped.

0.9 Mbit/s on a 120 Mbit/s line. Only with Virgin Media.

#872 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 08 January 2013 - 18:02

I'm not even going to post a picture, because you'll just think it's shooped.

0.9 Mbit/s on a 120 Mbit/s line. Only with Virgin Media.

Tell them to get it fixed then !

Posted Image

#873 Jub Fequois

Jub Fequois

Owlblood

Posted 08 January 2013 - 19:47

Tell them to get it fixed then !

Been waiting for a repair for little over a year now, and they've promised to fix it a handful of times, but it's been delayed every single time. Waiting for BT to come and install Infinity later this month, they just launched in our area.

#874 abysal

abysal

Neowin Addict

• Phone: BB9930/SGS5

Posted 08 January 2013 - 20:03

Posted Image

#875 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 08 January 2013 - 23:41

Been waiting for a repair for little over a year now, and they've promised to fix it a handful of times, but it's been delayed every single time. Waiting for BT to come and install Infinity later this month, they just launched in our area.

wow, I would have taken it further WAY before now, you're paying for a service you're not getting, they are breaking their site of the contract and I imagine are legally obligated to fix it

#876 Jub Fequois

Jub Fequois

Owlblood

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:07

wow, I would have taken it further WAY before now, you're paying for a service you're not getting, they are breaking their site of the contract and I imagine are legally obligated to fix it

Been getting 50% during this time, but yeah... I've spoken to them, their "head office" and what-not, and they can't really do much it seems. We've just been waiting for BT Infinity. It wasn't as bad as it is now before Christmas, but it seems they've done their "double speed" upgrade around here so... Capacity was at ~99% before, imagine now, luls.

#877 ashpowell

ashpowell

Neowinian

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:37

Been getting 50% during this time, but yeah... I've spoken to them, their "head office" and what-not, and they can't really do much it seems. We've just been waiting for BT Infinity. It wasn't as bad as it is now before Christmas, but it seems they've done their "double speed" upgrade around here so... Capacity was at ~99% before, imagine now, luls.

Virgin media are absolute ****, they say they don't cap speeds, but instead have a 'Traffic Management Policy' Which is basically capping your speeds.

I tried them for a month, now back to BT with no restrictions except P2P during peak hours (which is easily bypassed)

Anyway - email the ceo - he seems to get things sorted:

neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk

#878 Jub Fequois

Jub Fequois

Owlblood

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:20

Virgin media are absolute ****, they say they don't cap speeds, but instead have a 'Traffic Management Policy' Which is basically capping your speeds.

I tried them for a month, now back to BT with no restrictions except P2P during peak hours (which is easily bypassed)

Anyway - email the ceo - he seems to get things sorted:

neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk

Cheers, I'll try that! :)

#879 jasondefaoite

jasondefaoite

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:42

Posted Image

$39 Singapore dollars a month. No cap.

#880 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 09 January 2013 - 15:02

Well you shouldn't regret Infinity, I have Infinity 2.0 and its been a rock solid 75/17 since it was installed, (Cabinet is about 100m away at the end of the street to give you an idea) max speeds are 76/18 so I lose 1meg either way for 100m distance

#881 Jub Fequois

Jub Fequois

Owlblood

Posted 09 January 2013 - 15:18

Well you shouldn't regret Infinity, I have Infinity 2.0 and its been a rock solid 75/17 since it was installed, (Cabinet is about 100m away at the end of the street to give you an idea) max speeds are 76/18 so I lose 1meg either way for 100m distance

Glad to hear that! Our cabinet is about 100m away also. I'm just worried about congestion after this whole year with Virgin.

#882 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 09 January 2013 - 15:28

Glad to hear that! Our cabinet is about 100m away also. I'm just worried about congestion after this whole year with Virgin.

Sounds like all your neighbours are with Virgin so you might get the line to yourself with BT ;)

Infinity 2.0 Option 2 gives a downstream prioritisation rate of 30meg, over people with a lesser package who are only given 15meg prioritisation

#883 Jub Fequois

Jub Fequois

Owlblood

Posted 09 January 2013 - 16:46

Sounds like all your neighbours are with Virgin so you might get the line to yourself with BT ;)

Infinity 2.0 Option 2 gives a downstream prioritisation rate of 30meg, over people with a lesser package who are only given 15meg prioritisation

That's the one we're going for. It's nice to see that they've got some fail-safes in place, in contrast to Virgin. "Oh gosh, there's a 99% utilization in your area, let's postpone fixes for about a year and a half and do nothing in the meanwhile."

Anyway, I'll post back when I've got some results from Infinity! :)

#884 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 09 January 2013 - 16:57

Just got my new FTTC connection put in :D
Posted Image

Lucky you, my estate in Bracknell was missed.

#885 Jan

Jan

It's not a Navy boat, it's a Gravy boat

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 09 January 2013 - 17:02

BT Infinity (Wireless)

Posted Image

72 Mb/s non-wireless