I am getting one game this weekend to play next week while the wife and the kid are out of town visiting her parents. This results in an epic win for me as I?ll have four evenings of uninterrupted PS4 action and beer. Have a fridge full of Old Chub and Revolver B&H just waiting for me.

What say you that have played the games?what game should I get? I think this is really a battle between Destiny, Shadow and possibly FIFA, but we?ll see.

I have played both and Personally I enjoy playing Destiny More but they play very differently. 

I love Shadow of Mordor     LOVE it.    The reviews are excellent.     I already put in more then 10 hours... and I am not even half done. 

There are tons of side missions, and Nemesis system is great.  You can make sure your enemy is becoming stronger on purpose, before killing him.

If you check the threads on here for each game, you will see a lot of positive feedback on Shadow, and not so much on Destiny...

But they are very different games after all.

I played the Destiny beta but didn't get the game.  I have Shadow of Mordor and love it so I'd recommend it.  I love open world games though and am not big on FPS games so that was pretty simple choice for me.  Diablo III is also an amazing game on consoles if you do local "couch" coop.

Shadow of Mordor has more re-playability than Destiny. Destiny you can finish the story in about 10 hours (not including loading screens) 
SoM im only 20% in and been playing for over 10 hours, so value for money? SoM for sure mate.

I have both games and while Destiny has been fun, I would pick Shadow of Mordor over it.

Now keep in mind that this is based on my preferences in games. I favor the open world action/rpg/the lotr settings of Mordor more than the fps/mmo/sci fi setting of Destiny. If your different, then the scale could flip. Destiny is not a bad game by any means, just fairly different.

Shadow of Mordor is an excellent blend of Assassin's Creed and the Arkham games game play wise. Plus the Ai system (Nemesis) does a great job keeping the world feeling alive and in flux. Even your death or the death of enemies has a tangible impact on the world.

I only wish it offered coop.

Shadow of Mordor has more re-playability than Destiny. Destiny you can finish the story in about 10 hours (not including loading screens) 

SoM im only 20% in and been playing for over 10 hours, so value for money? SoM for sure mate.

I would say replay ability is about equal for both depending on how much you like Destiny's style play. Both offer extensive side missions that could keep you occupied for some time outside of the main missions. Still, I find the side missions in SoM to be more varied, which is a plus. On the flip side, running with friends on Destiny is fun too.

Have Destiny, played Mordor for an hour or two. 

Both are great and both should be purchased at some point in your life.

That doesn't help does it?

I would say replay ability is about equal for both depending on how much you like Destiny's style play. Both offer extensive side missions that could keep you occupied for some time outside of the main missions. Still, I find the side missions in SoM to be more varied, which is a plus. On the flip side, running with friends on Destiny is fun too.

I'm honestly curious about the replayability you mention in Destiny.  I find the Nemesis system in Shadow of Mordor creates nearly infinite replayability by making things constantly different and changing.  I haven't played the Destiny release but I did play the beta and unless you are relying on multi-player (different players with different builds) I didn't see much replayability in Destiny.  The Story missions were the EXACT SAME when I played the beta three times (once per class... please tell me you can skip the cut scenes now on your second or more play through).  There are only a small number of Strikes from what I've read and an even smaller number of Explore maps.  The closest thing to dynamic and changing missions I can recall from beta is the little objectives you get on the explore map but those were very basic and in no way compare to the complex Nemesis system of Shadow of Mordor.  Is the release significantly different or is it multiplayer primarily you are referring to?

I'm honestly curious about the replayability you mention in Destiny.  I find the Nemesis system in Shadow of Mordor creates nearly infinite replayability by making things constantly different and changing.  I haven't played the Destiny release but I did play the beta and unless you are relying on multi-player (different players with different builds) I didn't see much replayability in Destiny.  The Story missions were the EXACT SAME when I played the beta three times (once per class... please tell me you can skip the cut scenes now on your second or more play through).  There are only a small number of Strikes from what I've read and an even smaller number of Explore maps.  The closest thing to dynamic and changing missions I can recall from beta is the little objectives you get on the explore map but those were very basic and in no way compare to the complex Nemesis system of Shadow of Mordor.  Is the release significantly different or is it multiplayer primarily you are referring to?

I agree that Shadow of Mordor handles replay better than Destiny thanks to the variety of side missions and the Nemesis system.

As far as Destiny goes, it feels like an old school RPG to me. So the replay ability has more to do with the 'grind' or the way you level up your character. That includes the daily and weekly strike missions that they rotate, the special events such as the Queen's missions, and of course the raid missions. If you don't enjoy the game play style of Destiny (i.e. shooter game play), then stuff like that will become tedious. I already liked the game play style, so its been fun for me. I'm easily 15+ hours into the game and maybe half way through the main story not due to how long the story is, but thanks to the side activities to improve my character.

• Like 2