final fantasy xiii square enix pc crystal tools steam ps3 xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 October 2014 - 00:24

http://na.square-eni...urns-windows-pc

Maybe some people already know this but I wasn't aware this was a thing. I know that a lot of people consider the XII series inferior to other Final Fantasy games but I don't care about that. I haven't played a Final Fantasy game in many years so I'm excited for it.

If you order today you can get 10% off on steam. Promotion ends in just under 16 hours from now when the game is released.

http://store.steampo...com/app/292120/

I didn't see another topic for this so pardon me if I missed it.

#2 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 October 2014 - 13:31

After spending ten hours on this game, the only good thing I can say about it is that out of the three Steam trading cards that I got two were duplicates and I sold one for 45 cents. My eyes can't bear this console peasantry and the story, didn't catch my attention yet at all.

I'll keep this installed, in hope for a quick fix from Square Enix to this embarrassment of a port (which in my opinion, is worse than the first Dark Souls). I'll give them by the end of this month to release an update that at least will give me the option to set the resolution to my monitor's. If not, then this is the last Square Enix game (published, or developed) that I will purchase (I now regret pre-ordering Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, but hopefully an e-mail requesting a pre-order cancellation will suffice Gabe Newell, our lord and savior bless his heart).

#3 Max Norris

Max Norris

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 33
    Server 2012 R2
    BSD Unix
  • Phone: HTC One (Work) Lumia 1020 (Home)

Posted 10 October 2014 - 13:43

Yikes, looked at the Steam page.. that is a lot of bad reviews. Guess that's a great example of how not to port a game. I'll pass for now.

#4 OP trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 October 2014 - 17:51

I get the complaints but despite that I still enjoyed what I played last night. It looks great and for the most part it ran great too. Apart from not being in 1080p. Also on the bright side it's only $16.00 so it's not like this was a full priced release or anything. I feel like I'll easily get my monies worth even if I don't finish the game, which is likely.

That being said I probably won't buy the next two unless they are given more graphics options.

#5 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 10 October 2014 - 18:05

After spending ten hours on this game, the only good thing I can say about it is that out of the three Steam trading cards that I got two were duplicates and I sold one for 45 cents. My eyes can't bear this console peasantry and the story, didn't catch my attention yet at all.

I'll keep this installed, in hope for a quick fix from Square Enix to this embarrassment of a port (which in my opinion, is worse than the first Dark Souls). I'll give them by the end of this month to release an update that at least will give me the option to set the resolution to my monitor's. If not, then this is the last Square Enix game (published, or developed) that I will purchase (I now regret pre-ordering Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, but hopefully an e-mail requesting a pre-order cancellation will suffice Gabe Newell, our lord and savior bless his heart).

This might help you. Durante to the rescue (same guy who did the Dark Souls fix)

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=618

#6 +NeoTrunks

NeoTrunks

King-ding-A-Ling

Posted 10 October 2014 - 18:07

Was thinking of picking this up, bit it seems it's better off to remain with the PS3 version, which somehow seems to be superior to all of the others so far.

#7 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 October 2014 - 18:33

This might help you. Durante to the rescue (same guy who did the Dark Souls fix)

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=618

I know of it and I tried it. Breaks the gui; which in results makes you unable to save, makes the mini map invisible (I know you don't really need it with these stupid a to b corridors of an entire game) or see any other interaction that pop on your screen while you're in-game. And sure you can save while using that because you know what and when to press even if it's not on your screen, but you still know how to save because you already did it before using GeDoSaTo... but what about all those stupid jumping shortcuts or the "click here" to play a cutscene and progress the story event that you didn't know about because it's your first time playing the game? A problem. A problem that shouldn't have been there, if the developers put some effort in their work and not just release a copy pasted port job for a quick buck.

#8 OP trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 10 October 2014 - 18:56

Like I mentioned in the other thread there are rumors there will be an official patch to give us 1080p resolution. No idea when or if it's even gonna happen but I don't think it's anything major to get worked up about right now.

#9 +_Alexander

_Alexander

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia 521

Posted 10 October 2014 - 23:44

Oh hey a port someone made for $20
EDIT: And XP support... top kek

Edited by _Alexander, 10 October 2014 - 23:51.

#10 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 11 October 2014 - 00:06

Like I mentioned in the other thread there are rumors there will be an official patch to give us 1080p resolution. No idea when or if it's even gonna happen but I don't think it's anything major to get worked up about right now.

Limiting the game to 720p is absolutely unacceptable. :angry: To claim that running at 720p isn't "anything major" is an insult, as that's less than a quarter of my desktop resolution and one eighth the resolution of 4K. Can you imagine buying a car and finding that it has a maximum speed of 15mph? You wouldn't be impressed.

This is a complete and utter trainwreck of a port and deserves nothing but condemnation.

#11 OP trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:12

Limiting the game to 720p is absolutely unacceptable. :angry: To claim that running at 720p isn't "anything major" is an insult, as that's less than a quarter of my desktop resolution and one eighth the resolution of 4K. Can you imagine buying a car and finding that it has a maximum speed of 15mph? You wouldn't be impressed.

This is a complete and utter trainwreck of a port and deserves nothing but condemnation.

You're taking my comment out of context. If the rumor is true that they are adding true 1080p support then it's nothing major to complain about. That's all I'm saying.

Yes, I agree it's terrible to release the game the way they did. It doesn't change the fact that (for me) it looks and plays just fine at 720p and I couldn't care less about 4k support.

If I paid $60 for it I might really be mad, but at $15 I feel like I can still get some enjoyment out of it and get my monies worth. If they patch it to work at 1080p then all the better.

#12 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:35

You're taking my comment out of context. If the rumor is true that they are adding true 1080p support then it's nothing major to complain about. That's all I'm saying.

Yes, I agree it's terrible to release the game the way they did. It doesn't change the fact that (for me) it looks and plays just fine at 720p and I couldn't care less about 4k support.

I game at 1600p, so 1080p support isn't good enough. Games shouldn't limit the resolution, especially to something so low.

We're not talking about a retro game here.

#13 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:17

GeDoSaTo build 1501 fixed the broken gui problem.

#14 chaosinfected

chaosinfected

Catgirl

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:44

Whassis about 720p?  I've been playing the game and I didn't notice anything.

Not that I'm terribly concerned if it is, since it was $15.  $15 usually gets you some crappy indie game.

#15 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:56

You know what would be awesome? Get back to the days of 1024x768, because my grandpa doesn't own a computer and haven't noticed any differences too.

But seriously; open these two images that I just took for comparison in full screen on your (1080p?) monitor and tell me that you'd still prefer to play in 720p:

http://s2.postimg.or...13_32_19_22.png

http://s23.postimg.o...014_10_11_1.png