New build won't post

it will just POST [w/ dead battery], but with default settings and say the date/time needs to be config'd

This has happened to me, 3 times over the years.

The desktop would not POST until I replaced the CMOS battery.

Your motherboard may be different.

I have everything plugged in, Everything is seated correctly and no posted. I rma'd the board and ordered a new one. New board is here and after work I'm going to breadboard it and see how it goes tonight. If this new mobo doesnt post I'm going to rage and throw this entire think out of the window.

But now realistically ill be clueless and come back.

GREAT NEWS.

New mobo posted instantly. I breadboarded it first with the basics. Worked fine. Added pcie m2 ssd and still booted. Then put it in the case connected everything screwed everything down booted it up and BOOM booted!

Right now working in installing OS's. Thanks for the help guys!

• Like 2

When I have the problem where pc fans work but I get no beep or display on screen, it has always been RAM problem. 

Can you try switching RAM to different sockets?

It's been PSU issues for me.  Different people get different symptoms and different results.  

It's best to hit all the parts you can that you have spares for or can borrow.  Then buy what you need.

EDIT:  Glad it's working!

GREAT NEWS.

New mobo posted instantly. I breadboarded it first with the basics. Worked fine. Added pcie m2 ssd and still booted. Then put it in the case connected everything screwed everything down booted it up and BOOM booted!

Right now working in installing OS's. Thanks for the help guys!

Great going man!! Good to know things worked.

Now just install linux  :shiftyninja:

Reseated RAM with more pressure. Nothing. Finally got a speaker and attached it to the mobo. No beeps at all. I took ram out, no memory error beeps. I left ram in no post beep. NO BEEPS AT ALL. So I tried a different PSU, and nothing. Im concluding its a bad motherboard and I have returned it. Got a different one from amazon on its way tomorrow.

I can say out of the 50+ computers i've been in the last 5 years, I've never had a DOA Mobo. 

I had the same experience as you. I had three systems I was building at the time and thankfully I could swap out the CPU/PSU/RAM as a test. Concluded it was the motherboard and Now I am waiting for the RMA process to send me a new working board.