Did my GPU just die?

So, my daughter was just watching YouTube when this happened:

post-40273-0-87828300-1413067451.jpg

So, do you reckon my GPU has just died on me? It displays that during the POST and at all times now. I've opened the case and tried reseating it to no avail. Unplugged and recabled everything and still the same.

Anyone know what kinda warranty comes with a Gigabyte 560Ti?

Just to be sure did you try a different monitor and/or cable?

This indeed, was having some issues and turned out to be a dying screen and not the GPU 

Well, it was definitely the GPU that died. My friend kindly donated a 9800GTX which has at least got me back up running, however, I was just about to buy Final Fantasy XIII and GTAV (Upon release) So, I'll still need to save up for a 750Ti which appears to be the cost and performance equivalent to my 560Ti as I very much doubt the 9800GTX will fair well with those 2 graphical beasts! It's just too bad that EVGA don't do 10 year warranties anymore, but I guess they learnt from BFG's failure!

Well, it was definitely the GPU that died. My friend kindly donated a 9800GTX which has at least got me back up running, however, I was just about to buy Final Fantasy XIII and GTAV (Upon release) So, I'll still need to save up for a 750Ti which appears to be the cost and performance equivalent to my 560Ti as I very much doubt the 9800GTX will fair well with those 2 graphical beasts! It's just too bad that EVGA don't do 10 year warranties anymore, but I guess they learnt from BFG's failure!

Buy ASUS or MSI, I used to sell Gigabyte cards. Can't really recommend them. 

Pft, EVGA or nothing

Nothing for you then. 

EVGA makes very average products, their only claim to fame is that they stroke the ahh let's say "ego" of people with unwarranted Nvidia hard-on. 

Buy ASUS or MSI, I used to sell Gigabyte cards. Can't really recommend them. 

My MSI GTX760 melted itself in under a year. Got a Zotac one at the moment...hopefully it'll last a little longer.

Trying to flog my brand-new-in-box warranty replacement MSI one at the moment.

My MSI GTX760 melted itself in under a year. Got a Zotac one at the moment...hopefully it'll last a little longer.

Indeed, and yet I recommend MSI over Gigabyte. MSI is not perfect, but they make some of the best components out there. 

Damn shame your 760 melted, I would have thought Nvidia made some heat protection built into their chips. I know AMD does.

I have 2 MSI GTX 760s and they're been running flawlessly and very silently since I got them. Also ordered two MSI Z87-Gaming motherboards for computers at work and they're working great.

Yeah, hit up MSI for the warranty claim - they should replace your card since its been < a year. 

While the 750 Ti is a great bang for the buck, I wouldn't get the 750 Ti right now unless it's hugely discounted. It's better to wait and see what Nvidia coming out.

While the 750 Ti is a great bang for the buck, I wouldn't get the 750 Ti right now unless it's hugely discounted. It's better to wait and see what Nvidia coming out.

750 Ti is not really great bang for buck, but it uses half the power of the equivalent AMD card. While waiting is advisable (AMD should launch 3xx early next year), I don't believe Nvidia will release anything close to the 750 Ti in price since it is a Maxwell card after all.

750 Ti is not really great bang for buck, but it uses half the power of the equivalent AMD card. While waiting is advisable (AMD should launch 3xx early next year), I don't believe Nvidia will release anything close to the 750 Ti in price since it is a Maxwell card after all.

According to Passmark ranking system, the 750 TI is currently the 4th best "bang for the buck" graphics card. Please tell us why it is not worthy of that distinction.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_value.html

w10

According to Passmark ranking system, the 750 TI is currently the 4th best "bang for the buck" graphics card. Please tell us why it is not worthy of that distinction.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_value.html

w10

I was a little out of date with the US price shifts, and indeed, the lower priced models do offer very good value. Anyway, the second sentence of my previous post was more pertinent to this thread.