Cannot switch to the full version

In forums I cannot switch to the full (desktop ) version - JS links do exactly nothing when I click them.

Google Chrome 38 on Android 4.4 here

On the main page or forums?

In forums I cannot switch to the full (desktop ) version - JS links do exactly nothing when I click them.

the "view desktop version" button on the forums has never worked correctly

Been having "desktop version" issues with my Android tablet and phone as well.  Tried the "view desktop version" link on the forum, just jumps back to the top of the page.  Also tried telling Chrome to get the desktop version of the site via it's menu, etc.. doesn't really do anything, and what it does render is fairly busted up with missing images, etc.  Have already nuked saved data/cookies/etc, no help. Both are running Android 4.4.4, current Chrome stable build 38.0.2125.102.

Looks like this, resized to save space:

screenmem.png

the "view desktop version" button on the forums has never worked correctly

Used to work for me.. although I can't remember if I was using Chrome or Firefox at the time, switched a few months back.. think it was Firefox I had it working with though.  Don't have enough coffee in me yet to have full brain power yet.

Main page.  Click on Full Version on mobile and nothing happens.  Been that way since the new front page was rolled out.

on the new front page there is no full/mobile version. there is just one page that dynamically scales per screen size

on the new front page there is no full/mobile version. there is just one page that dynamically scales per screen size

Yep.

Don't know what is going on with Neowin Mobile though. (including missing images) I have reported it.

Edit: I also can't switch to the mobile version using the link on the bottom right, this used to be possible.

• Like 2

Full version button and View Desktop version on the mobile forum menu are not working for me neither!    Chrome on Android.

I definatelhy used those links before, and got a full version of forums,  since the main page update (which does not have desktop version at all)

No, something must have broke... (even "request desktop site" option in chrome does not help)

I could be totally wrong but still posting if it could be of any relevant:

- Chrome 38 for Android released just few days back : http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/2014/10/chrome-for-android-update.html

On blogpost one comment do mention about broken font and icon not appearing.

So please take a look at that as well.. https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=421879

I could be totally wrong but wanted to help so posting here.

I could be totally wrong but still posting if it could be of any relevant:

- Chrome 38 for Android released just few days back : http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/2014/10/chrome-for-android-update.html

On blogpost one comment do mention about broken font and icon not appearing.

So please take a look at that as well.. https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=421879

I could be totally wrong but wanted to help so posting here.

Not only Chrome.

I have this desktop/mobile toggle problem on Firefox and IE. I am viewing this site in mobile mode right now on desktop browser.

View Desktop link at the bottom of the pages is not working.

This happens to me this morning. It was fine yesterday before I went to bed. Not sure what caused it to this.

it could be something to do with profile settings in the admin side or bad script/css something like that because when I log out, I can view the public forums in desktop mode fine but can not view private forums because I am not logged in.

When I logged in, it switched to mobile mode.

Not only Chrome.

I have this desktop/mobile toggle problem on Firefox and IE. I am viewing this site in mobile mode right now on desktop browser.

View Desktop link at the bottom of the pages is not working.

This happens to me this morning. It was fine yesterday before I went to bed. Not sure what caused it to this.

it could be something to do with profile settings in the admin side or bad script/css something like that because when I log out, I can view the public forums in desktop mode fine but can not view private forums because I am not logged in.

When I logged in, it switched to mobile mode.

There was mention of missing images as well.. So this bug is relevant to it.. Sorry I didn't mention it before.

So you guys are pretty much going to ignore this issue? Its widespread across 10-15 computers I use and it effects chrome, firefox and safari across OSX, Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 and Ubuntu.

So you guys are pretty much going to ignore this issue? Its widespread across 10-15 computers I use and it effects chrome, firefox and safari across OSX, Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 and Ubuntu.

Will email devs.

who says they're ignoring it. the devs are working on other issues too most likely

It is happening on all devices, phones, pc's, etc. This interface isn't that great on a PC, it is ok on a phone.

KTy6lpK

What browser are you using on a PC that's causing it to load the mobile skin?

shozilla, yepper.  It went back to normal. 

DaveLegg, the better question would have been which browser wasn't I using. 

It was happening with FF, IE, and Chrome.  Windows 8, Windows 7.  

samsung s4 couldn't switch with using the default samsung browser or chrome.  Iphone couldn't switch using safari or opera. 

I just reset everyone's theme choice to use the default (as we only have the one theme, it doesn't have any bad side effects). Looks like a bunch of people managed to switch to the mobile skin somehow (rather than it automatically use it because they're on a mobile device), and have it stuck like that.

Dave, It wouldn't always automatically switch.  I was ok with manually switching, wasn't a big deal for me.

I am on my s4 right now using the default browser, it isn't auto switching to mobile.  With chrome it autoswitches on the s4.  The button to switch to mobile version doesn't work with the default browser on the s4.  Will have to wait to get home to try the iphone and ipad.

But shouldn't the desktop autoswitch back?

Windows 7 SP2 Firefox, Chrome, and IE have all been tried. I think the phone may be hard setting something on the site. While the automatic switch is great, can we have the manual buttons to switch to full version working again?

Does it have to do with how the default browser on the S4 identifies itself? because maybe we can tweak that.

I have a S4 ... I have no problem since the reset by DaveLegg. 

It works fine.