Anyone got a PC review? the comments on Steam don't fill me with much confidence.. locked at 30fps, forced letterbox ratio, poor port, rubbish graphics.

Does it revive that Resident Evil feeling?

• Like 1

This game and Driveclub are the only two games this generation that I have gone digital. The + preorder discount was a good deal.

Very much hoping I can play it tonight, as it has potential GOTY candidate for my own personal tastes.

XB1 day 1 patch is 7.5GB, wtf!

Installed the PS4 one, was 80mb.

Seems like the Xbox One wasn't quite unfinished when it was time to press the disk..

It looks like a game from 2014, but it plays like a game from 2005. Depending on what you're after, that might be a positive or a negative. 

i just spend 30 minutes reading the reviews from excellent to mediocre....

i still cannot make up my mind yet...

lets hear it from neowin players...

So far it's like a mix between RE and TLoU (on a hard difficulty).

Definitely could pass for an HD remaster of a last gen game. Not a 2005 game, but something towards the end of last gen.

I am enjoying myself so far, but its early days, a long way to go. I'm not entirely sure if the FOV has been adjusted for the borders. If not that is cheap, at least The Order is taking advantage of a new FOV instead of just adding aritifical borders. The voice acting for the main character is weak as well.

Only two criticisms so far though.

So far it's like a mix between RE and TLoU (on a hard difficulty).

Definitely could pass for an HD remaster of a last gen game. Not a 2005 game, but something towards the end of last gen.

I am enjoying myself so far, but its early days, a long way to go. I'm not entirely sure if the FOV has been adjusted for the borders. If not that is cheap, at least The Order is taking advantage of a new FOV instead of just adding aritifical borders. The voice acting for the main character is weak as well.

Only two criticisms so far though.

Which RE? 1 and 2 or more like 4?

please say 4 LOL

please say 4 LOL

Yep its more like RE4 its made by the same person who made RE4 so you know it'll be scary.

i just spend 30 minutes reading the reviews from excellent to mediocre....

i still cannot make up my mind yet...

lets hear it from neowin players...

cant make up your mind eh? wait 2 weeks and the game will be 1/2 the price :D

please say 4 LOL

4 :)

But you can't go gun-ho like you can in 4.

It's basically a cross between RE4/Silent Hill and TLoU. Big focus on stealth early on.

There are a lot of nods to RE1/RE2, but it's fan service.

I ######ing LOVE this game. Love it.

To me it is the true spiritual successor to RE4, but as AB just pointed out above, it is a much more tactical experience.

Really is very reminiscent of The Last Of Us, which is a very good thing in my book.

I really do agree with AB 110% and would describe it as TLoU meets Resident Evil 4.

Considering both of those games are in my Top 10 games EVER made. Holy poop, I am truly loving it.

Mix in that wacky bonkers off the wall makes no sense whatsoever Japanese horror sensibility, and it is a cult classic waiting to happen.

I know for absolute certainty many people are going to hate the game. No doubt at all about this fact.

I however love the hell out of it, and I am only a little bit into Chapter 3. It would take a true disaster for it to break apart and make me not like it.

So damn good.

The funny thing is my wife knows nothing about the video games I so love. She really just does not care at all about them.

The first thing she said to me is "this really reminds me of that game with the creepy merchant that used to always say "What are you buying."

If that is not truly a representation of how it is clearly made by the person behind RE4, I do not know what is.

• Like 2

Anyone got a PC review? the comments on Steam don't fill me with much confidence.. locked at 30fps, forced letterbox ratio, poor port, rubbish graphics.

Seriously? Screw this ######. Won't even bother having a look at it.

I ######ing LOVE this game. Love it.

To me it is the true spiritual successor to RE4, but as AB just pointed out above, it is a much more tactical experience.

Really is very reminiscent of The Last Of Us, which is a very good thing in my book.

I really do agree with AB 110% and would describe it as TLoU meets Resident Evil 4.

Considering both of those games are in my Top 10 games EVER made. Holy poop, I am truly loving it.

Mix in that wacky bonkers off the wall makes no sense whatsoever Japanese horror sensibility, and it is a cult classic waiting to happen.

I know for absolute certainty many people are going to hate the game. No doubt at all about this fact.

I however love the hell out of it, and I am only a little bit into Chapter 3. It would take a true disaster for it to break apart and make me not like it.

So damn good.

The funny thing is my wife knows nothing about the video games I so love. She really just does not care at all about them.

The first thing she said to me is "this really reminds me of that game with the creepy merchant that used to always say "What are you buying."

If that is not truly a representation of how it is clearly made by the person behind RE4, I do not know what is.

First few chapters are the weakest as well :p

Although 3 is pretty great.

Yeah it's definitely a console game first, PC was an afterthought at best.

I've heard nothing but bad things about it, of course I'm not really into "horror" games so I'm not one to trust :laugh:

yeah, i might have to play this one when i get a console again (most likely in spring).     not sure the pc experience will be better, if it is just a quick port.  so it is worth the wait.  

What's Scarier, The Evil Within Or Duck Dynasty?

One is the frightening tale of human shaped creatures who worship lovecraftian horrors as a way to justify their depraved existence and contempt toward the very human race which their parasitize. The other one is an upcoming third person shooter by Shinji Mikami.

http://kotaku.com/whats-scarier-the-evil-within-or-duck-dynasty-one-is-1645521272

yeah, i might have to play this one when i get a console again (most likely in spring).     not sure the pc experience will be better, if it is just a quick port.  so it is worth the wait.  

I think that is a very good idea.

I get people attempting to play it on the PC since it was released for it, you would think it is playable, but this is clearly a game that was developed for consoles first and foremost then they said we can try and make some extra cash and released it on PC.

Ultimately I think that was a very, very stupid move and it is the reason the game is getting slammed so much, and rightfully so, the PC version seems like a disaster for all intents and purposes.

This game is a console game.

With that said, if people can overlook the obvious downgrades and forced restrictions of the PC version, there is a great game waiting to be played. I doubt they can or will though, a huge part of the reason people choose to play on PC is for the freedom and power it brings, both of which this game tries its best to neuter. Was not a good decision on their behalf at all to release it on all platforms.

• Like 1

Not to worry, Bethesda has 'released' console commands to rectify all these problems. They just won't support the game with the tweaks applied, as it was 'meant to play' like it is out of the box.

The more I play this game, the more I truly do love the hell out of it, but yeah, the technical issues are pretty damn severe at times.

What seems more off to me is they are not consistent.

With games like these, I am often loading the last save to see if I can do a particular section better.

I cannot help but notice when I do that with this game, some sections that just ran great slow down to a crawl at other times. And when I say slow down to a crawl, I am talking the frame rate seems to be dropping to the low teens.

Really is a shame as it is such a superb game otherwise. And I am not going to stop playing it, but they do exist. No doubt about that.