What chapter are you on Larry?

I'm at the dog boss, had to turn it off the other night, it was late and I kept dying lol.

What chapter are you on Larry?

I'm at the dog boss, had to turn it off the other night, it was late and I kept dying lol.

Just Chapter 4. Have not had a ton of time to play, and I also do load my save way more often than I should.  :laugh:

I've probably replayed at least 90 minutes doing that. Just ammo is so damn precious I want to do everything perfectly.  :wacko:

I would rather jump in a pile of thumbtacks than pay full price for such a poor pc port, but perhaps if I ever see it at a good price on a steam sale I'd get it.

oh geez cry me a river 

PC port isn't so bad as it's made out to be. Runs smooth and looks equal or slightly better then console version. Saved $20 on getting the PC version over the PS4. May not have the bells and whistles in terms of options but hey, at least it is an optimised port and was released on the PC.

^ Yeah with FXAA or MLAA on max I'm getting between 25fps to 30fps with max settings @ 1080p with my GTX 460's. It does drop down to 15fps to the low twenties depending on the area and what is going on. The drops are bearable (for me) and don't hinder my experience any. Apparently sli can be forced by using alternate frame rendering 2 so I'm going to try that to see if it boosts my performance any. My monitor is capable of 1920 x 1200 but had to drop it down to 1920 x 1080 since I was getting unexplainable slowdowns where the game would randomly slow to single digit fps that felt like 1fps or 2fps then fps would return to normal. The texture pop isn't that noticeable since textures pop in quicker than they did with games like Rage.

I'm liking the game so far but the genre has obviously been modernized. Upgrades, checkpoints, sneak kills, safe houses shouldn't belong in games from the survival horror genre and is more fitting for other genres such as traditional fps and tps games. It seems like games made by or published by Bethesda borrow some elements from each other like upgrades, crafting, looting. The Stealth aspect adds a nice touch and keeps me on edge not to be spotted by a horde or enemies that can rip me a new one. Since I've started playing I've lost my head and have been gibbed by traps lol. This is actually what Resident Evil after RE3 and Code Veronica should've been like and I say that as someone who liked RE4.

Despite the minor qualms I have I am thoroughly enjoying this game.

I wanted to add that Dead Rising 3 runs far worse than this on my system. Although there are some performance issues with this game it runs well enough for the most part.

• 2 months later...

I've set the "60 FPS VSync" option in-game but still runs at 30 FPS according to FRAPS.

Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz

8 GB DDR3-1600

2x AMD Radeon HD 7870 XT

I think that because I'm not hitting a constant 60 FPS, the vsync part of "60 FPS VSync" is kicking in and locking my framerate to 30 FPS.

Any idea how I can run the game at an unlocked framerate? (disable vsync)

I don't mind variable framerates. For all I know, I'm running at 50-55 FPS and the game is still locking me to 30 FPS due to vsync.

EDIT: I've turned every graphic option off and I'm still not going over 30 FPS, which can't be right, since surely my PC is more than enough to run this game in minimum detail at 60 FPS?

EDIT: Adding the following to the launch options solved it: +com_allowconsole 1 +com_skipIntroVideo 1 +r_swapInterval 0