Etoro? Anyone use it?

The practice account is what it is. You get a fake $10k to invest as recklessly as you see fit. The software, Web and App work exactly the same but you don't risk your own money. I guess its just to see how people trade and get used to the interface. 

Basically you "Copy" a trader who you deem is good enough, Looking at the stats. Then its all done for you. He opens a trade you open the same trade with your own money. He makes money you make money etc etc. Naturally this is a percentage of your money so if he has $1000 and you have $100 as a pure example then he opens a trade for $100 you would open a trade for $10 (I think that math is right) .... If you copy them like for like well there is no way of knowing what is 

This guy is good, 

Watch his videos he posts, He reviews traders. Have a look at basino28. Even the Etoro people cant believe it.  :shifty:

I suggest you start with something low risk by the sounds of it (Low Leverage Trades)

basino28 if anyone else is interested....

Yea, like I mentioned in the pm.. it's kind of like a.. what can I get for 50$ concept.  Im not looking to become rich off this.. but if I could have my money making money... why not.

You could double your money in a few months. A good return is like 30 - 40% of some of the guys. You would get a better rate than the banks thats for sure. You could get 10 - 20% return in a few weeks maybe. 

These are my stats for two days, Sunday evening few markets open, Monday and Tuesday to now which in the UK its half past 5 in the evening. You decide if its worth a punt.....

post-28229-0-22888400-1425404220.png

For those of you who are looking to do some trades of their own. This was posted.

I think its a very good!!

P.S Its been an EXCELLENT week on etoro. Alot of people made ALOT of money copying others. Mainly part due to one or two currency pairs taking a tumble. 

post-28229-0-55073100-1425666154.png

• 4 weeks later...

Good Evening all!! So after the success of the London event, Etoro have some exciting stuff coming. 

I have seen this but anyone who is interested maybe you could get an invite to the new Etoro. 

https://r.etoro.com/getinvite/

There is a really good guide on how to get started here.... 

http://www.etoro.com/learn/eToro-Forex-Trading-Guide.pdf

I am going to post more about eToro once I get round to it. Maybe post your questions on here and I will answer them in my guide. 

this seems interesting.

Good Evening all!! So after the success of the London event, Etoro have some exciting stuff coming. 

I have seen this but anyone who is interested maybe you could get an invite to the new Etoro. 

https://r.etoro.com/getinvite/

There is a really good guide on how to get started here.... 

http://www.etoro.com/learn/eToro-Forex-Trading-Guide.pdf

I am going to post more about eToro once I get round to it. Maybe post your questions on here and I will answer them in my guide. 

You are #20356 on our waiting list
to get an early preview.    :)

Oh dear haha! Maybe I can have a word see if I can get some Neowin people an invite. That could be interesting. Its good if you want to play around on the markets. The 10k practice account is excellent for this. 

Disclaimer....I don't work in anyway shape or form for eToro. They just like me enough to invite me down to their offices and get drunk. 

All financial services and FX in particular should not be engadged lightly. When using Etoro, you need to be very careful whom you choose to follow, as 99.8% of the people on the so called "social trading & investment network" are utter idiots when it comes to trading anything. Sure, initially you might be tempted by this but in the medium-long term it does NOT work. My experience with it was that after 3 years, at best I was breaking even. If you really want to invest you might be better of with a broker (which of course has a comission or fee compared to the free "expertise" offered by the people on Etoro) or someone who really knows his business. 

You are very correct, However there are some good people to copy on that site. The practice account is a god send for this. I have found six people who are constantly profitable. Now mix that in with your own manual trades and you are onto a winner.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi All,

Been reading through forum threads and looking to create an eToro account - is there a way to get a friend referal?

So I have been PM'ing GuardTheDown. Since I posted the original post in 2015 things have changed a bit, The new UI, Is brilliant and the CopyTrader system works a treat. You can just join no need for a referral code but if you want one I have one, I get a bonus for people signing up.