American cereals are unhealthy!

Last night, I was shocked to see truth about this General Mills cereals! I will not buy them anymore!

What gives you the idea that only America has this problem, or were you just trolling?

• Like 2

There's nothing wrong with TSP in small doses.  It's a simple inorganic salt that's used in cereals that have "shapes".  We have lots of salts in our bodies and phosphate is important to our diet.

The ACTUAL problem with these cereals, is that they are packed with sugar.  It's a stupid idea to eat a bowl of sugar as the first meal of the day.

Heh reminds me of posts on facebook by worried people about germs and 'things in the house' that cause cancer.

-=begin off-topic rant=-

The amount of people who wipe everywhere their kid goes is amazing.  What they don't realise is that in keeping the environment so clean, it cripples the development of the immune system which vastly increases their chance for allergies, asthma and other illnesses.

I think war of the worlds ending in future will be us being wiped out by the cold, let alone aliens at this rate.

-=end rant=-

It's a stupid idea to eat a bowl of sugar as the first meal of the day.

Yeah, but people are used to drinking a glass of packaged orange juice first thing in the morning.    It is nothing other then sugar water anyway!

even vitamin c is added back, since there is nothing of value there that lasts.

Starches and lots of Es too just what every hyperactive child needs  :cry: :o

My female friend has a child who is diagnosed ADHD and is medicated, though i'm not convinced he's not just loaded with sugar.

My female friend has a child who is diagnosed ADHD and is medicated, though i'm not convinced he's not just loaded with sugar.

Yep nearly every product on the shelves is mixed with sugars and salts of some kind to enhance flavours because people are so used to it and just wont eat "bland" food. As for food colouring whether natural or not it abounds in most factory produced foods.

Last night, I was shocked to see truth about this General Mills cereals! I will not buy them anymore!

Ok, first off...put a source for your FUD....like the link below which contains the exact same pic you posted.

http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/tsp.asp

Secondly...read and understand before getting all scared.

I have a bowl of cereal for breakfast now and again, and it's either Kashi 7 (the whole grain puffs) or organic oats. Lucky Charms and other highly processed cereals are terribad for you, no matter the quantity. Can your body tolerate them in relatively low amounts? Sure. Our bodies can tolerate a lot of different types of toxic substances, but consciously limiting their intake is always a good idea.

Edit: And as someone who used to be an out-of-control consumer of junk foods, I can say that "taste" is something that can be definitely retrained. Foods that I would have considered to be "bland" or "inedible" in days gone by taste delicious to me now. And if I went back to eating the way I used to, I'd probably make myself violently ill (and just to note, I'm not vegan or vegetarian, but I also don't eat processed meats).

• Like 2

FDA is full of it! I don't trust FDA at all.

A person who demonstrates a complete ignorance of chemistry dosnt trust the FDA, Well I never.

I cant wait until this guy learns that fish contain mercury which is poisonous, Water contains arsenic which is poisonous and every second he is being irradiated with cancer causing radiation which is bad enough on earth but on any kind of aircraft will easily be as safe as standing in Pripyat.

I am not sure that this is "news". Most American breakfast cereals are loaded with sugar. But so are many from other countries as well. I do not think that it is an exclusively "American" issue. And, yeah, a healthy bowl of oatmeal goes a long way in having a healthy breakfast.

• Like 2

I am not sure that this is "news". Most American breakfast cereals are loaded with sugar. But so are many from other countries as well. I do not think that it is an exclusively "American" issue. And, yeah, a healthy bowl of oatmeal goes a long way in having a healthy breakfast.

sugar free oatmeal with some unpasterized honey and berries!

I would add a scoop or two of whey protein to those lucky charms, and that's a damn fine breakfast!

not the best advice.    (personally i found out about it the hard whey :rofl: ) - i cannot digest whey protein sold by mainstream manufacturers.

adding whey protein (which causes acne in many) to an already crappy dried sugar snack is likely to cause more harm then good.

sugar tree oatmeal with some unpasterized honey and berries!

(Y) I skip the honey and add cranberries and maybe some nutrisweet (only a pinch). That is a great way to start the day!

• Like 1

(Y) I skip the honey and add cranberries and maybe some nutrisweet (only a pinch). That is a great way to start the day!

why skip the honey?    unpasteurized honey is one is the natures most healthy and nutritious foods!

not all sugars are created equal.   buckwheat honey is my favorite health foods!!!

aspartame (which i assume you are referring to, with your "nutrisweet" comment)   is way worse.

seriously, natural, unpasteurized honey is one of the best things to consume!

ps. cranberries.....    unless you are using the freeze dried or frozen kind.... the cranberries you are consuming are most likely not that great for you.

if you are using freeze dried... then HIGH FIVE.   freeze dried foods are amazing.  almost all the nutrition available at your easy convenience!

(costly though... but i still think it is worth it!)