Apple Media Event 16.10.2014 Discussion

94 members have voted

1. 1. What do you expect Apple to annouce at the 16/10/2014 media event?

• Retina iMac
    • New Mac Mini
    • Mac Pro updates
    • Retina Macbook Air
    • iPad Air 2
    • iPad Mini 3
    • OS X 10.10 Yosemite to be released the same day
    • iOS 8.1 to be released the same day
    • iTunes 12 to be released the same day
    • iWork apps upgrade for OS X and iOS
    • iLife apps upgrade for OS X and iOS
    • Updated Apple Watch information
    • Immediate availability of Apple Pay in the US
    • One more thing (specify below)

Yosemite is out. iOS 8.1 out on Monday.

Cool. How do we get Yosemite? lol. I just searched the appstore.. nothing yet. 

Cool. How do we get Yosemite? lol. I just searched the appstore.. nothing yet. 

Give it some time, maybe after the event it will be live.

I'm on GM3, I wonder if there will be a different version on the appstore.

iMac with Retina Display... Amazing!

27-inch display - 5210 x 2880 pixels

Just 5mm thick at the edge..

iMac with Retina Display... Amazing!

27-inch display - 5210 x 2880 pixels

Just 5mm thick at the edge..

$2500... ouch

$2500... ouch

Mac Mini in 500$... Good option but Intel Iris...

Was hoping for a Retina MacBook Air, but otherwise, this was a nice set of product updates. Just checked App Store and Yosemite and iWork aren't live yet.

I'm confused by the iPad Mini 3.. according to this page the only difference to the iPad Mini 2 is the addition of touch id, is that correct? The price difference is ?80... I can't see many paying full price when they can get the Mini 2 for a big saving with only difference being a touch sensor. the 32GB r2 is cheaper than the 16GB r3, i know which one i would choose.

I'm confused by the iPad Mini 3.. according to this page the only difference to the iPad Mini 2 is the addition of touch id, is that correct? The price difference is ?80... I can't see many paying full price when they can get the Mini 2 for a big saving with only difference being a touch sensor. the 32GB r2 is cheaper than the 16GB r3, i know which one i would choose.

That's correct and it's quite baffling. Really the only two reasons to pony up for the Mini 3: a) you like gold b) you need, need, need Touch ID. Otherwise your needs are well served by the existing Mini 2.

Maybe next year they'll bring both the Air 3 and Mini 4 back to hardware parity. Or maybe not, if they believe mini sales are eating too much into Air sales, hence this unexplained gimping of the Mini 3. No A8X, no camera upgrade, no laminated display and antireflective coating?

Tell me the new iPad Air 2 has more than 1GB of RAM??  Please, because that was one of my BIG problem with the Air, got TONS of low memory errors with apps crash.  I'm not alone, tons of people on the Apple forum have the same issue.

Tell me the new iPad Air 2 has more than 1GB of RAM??  Please, because that was one of my BIG problem with the Air, got TONS of low memory errors with apps crash.  I'm not alone, tons of people on the Apple forum have the same issue.

2 GB of RAM.

iTunes 12 is out now.

It seems to actually be an updated version, 12.0.1. Not sure if that was the case earlier in the day.

Also Yosemite is up on AppleStore. It seems I don't have to download it. :huh:

Nor do I, I assume this means that RC 3.0 wasn't found to have any major issues so it was just signed as the GM.

Took a while to get Yosemite to download but all is good now. I'm still new to Mac OS X as a whole so I am not even sure how the changes will differ to me.

Other than some UI changes, the iWork updates don't feel a whole lot different from the previous versions. Pages is still missing a few things that were in the older releases, like the dynamic outlining.

Well I have no impulse control and ordered the iMac.

Reading the live blog right now.  Apple is going on and on and on and on about Android's update rate.  They just dont get it...people dont care or dont know about hte latest update as long as it just works.  Just makes Apple look like sore losers/winers when they say stuff like that.  Every event it is the same thing.  If people cared that much, they wouldnt be buying Android devices like they are.

Its funny seeing Apple poke at things concerning Android when not many people care or know.  And it is equally funny seeing them display "new" features when the competition has had them for years.

Stuff like that is targeted towards developers, they want people on the newest software releases as quick as possible (A person running an old Android phone doesn't care if their software is out of date and insecure, but a dev targeting their phone does, etc.)

• Like 2

Mac mini looks like an Intel Nuc.  Dimensions aside....

It might eat Intel NUC's marketshare.

I personally have 3 Intel NUCs but for same price, I will go for Mac Mini