Devices Confirmed To Receive Lollipop

• 2 weeks later...

Samsung's Galaxy Tab S are supposed to be getting Lollipop around Feb/Mar.

I just have the regular WiFi version, and not the LTE version and don't have to depend on when a carrier here in Canada is ready to roll it out, but I'm hoping I get it before the LTE version.

• 6 months later...

Any news on Lenovo's tablet line?  I just got a TAB 2 (7") which came with KitKat; still, while I'm in no rush, I am admittedly curious about Lollipop.

I'll be posting a mini-review of the TAB 2 later this week - it's currently charging.

The reboot of Lenovo's A series tablets will get Lollipop in its entirety (that is A7 and larger).

What worries ME is that (apparently) the issue of performance losses vs. KitKat -- it's not unique to any one brand of tablet or phone, either, which is all the MORE worrying.  I'd like to see more investigating of THAT issue.  (Could base Lollipop be the Vista of Android?)  I'm actually pleased with my A7 otherwise - and I have mom's Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 to compare it heads-up with.  The ONLY quibble (and I'm admitting that it's a quibble) is the lack of storage space for user files - the fix is adding an SD card.

• 9 months later...
On 12/22/2014 at 7:18 PM, fordcom said:

Any update for the Verizon razr m

Actually, the RAZR M can run Lollipop (or even Marshmallow) - you just have to go custom.

Lenovo's TAB2 series' Lollipop update is now available OTA darn near everywhere (including the US); the hard part is applying it if you're rooted.  (Worse, you'll have to re-root afterwards, which is even harder.)

Here's how I solved my own update woes:

1.  First, I found two not-small combined update files - each is a combination of several smaller OTA updates.  The first includes S000021 through S000027 (and is the entire series of KitKat updates before the first Lollipop update) - that one is all of 17MB.  The biggie is S000116 - which is the 900MB monster that is the Lollipop update itself.  If you have the A7-30F, I have both - PM me and I'll put them up on my OneDrive for you to pull.

2.  If you're rooted (and likely borked your recovery in the process) - the reason I could not install updates OTA because rooting borked my recovery - and applying OTA updates DOES require a working recovery.  FlashFire to the rescue!  FlashFire works a treat on rooted phones (which mine was - and now is again), especially those using ChainFire's SuperSU (for good reason, Chainfire is also the creator of FlashFire).  Applying the first update got me in position for the second (and unborked my recovery, which got me in position to install the monster, which was already on my SD card).  As a result, I was finally on Lollipop.  There is *one* small post-Lolli update (which you should apply prior to re-rooting - not after) - S000117.  Why it's so small - it's mainly cosmetic changes; it swaps out the remaining non-MD Lenovo UI touches for MD touches - because I was using Arrow, my entire UX is absolutely cohesive for the first time ever.

3.  The UX experience is why I'm still getting used to Lollipop - as I said, it's actually cohesive for the first time really ever.

Here's the walkthrough on CM12.1 nightly for the Moto RAZR M - http://www.ibtimes.co.in/motorola-droid-razr-m-android-5-0-2-lollipop-update-how-install-cyanogenmod-official-cm12-624196