PS4 Firmware 2.03

Share Play has could be a very interesting feature. 

Themes.... did Sony not learn to only have white text, which looks great... on a light back ground 

Two things that will happen

A) Chinese will be for rent for trophy farming

B) Get a game early, get 2,000 friend requests

No one else a little hyped for shareplay? There's some games that even come out in America before the EU/UK, if your internet is good enough would be cool playing your American friends copy early to try it out.

Buying Gaikai on the cheap definitely seems to be paying off for Sony.

• Like 3

So AB, you're gonna let me play through TLoUR next week, right?

Looking forward to trying this :yes:

PS. Just going to pin / rename this topic ahead of launch. Will add the full notes next week when it's released.

No one else a little hyped for shareplay? There's some games that even come out in America before the EU/UK, if your internet is good enough would be cool playing your American friends copy early to try it out.

Buying Gaikai on the cheap definitely seems to be paying off for Sony.

Getting friends organised online in totally different time zones, while each of you has work/life commitments, Praying Sony servers don't let you down. So your friend can leave their equipment running just so you can play and hope they don't want to play anything themselves?

I just see this as one of many things in console gaming that never goes anywhere, or get's any high usage. The exact same as the Share button on the control. Sure its there but do you use it? 

Getting friends organised online in totally different time zones, while each of you has work/life commitments, Praying Sony servers don't let you down. So your friend can leave their equipment running just so you can play and hope they don't want to play anything themselves?

I just see this as one of many things in console gaming that never goes anywhere, or get's any high usage. The exact same as the Share button on the control. Sure its there but do you use it?

Erm, if none of your friends are online when you use your PS4 you need more/better friends.

Sony servers aren't really in use here its your own internet connection, just like vita remote play so that's a null point.

You can play with a friend in co-op so its not just tied to taking over the controller. Quite clearly demonstrates that above.

Lots of people use the share button myself included. More so for pictures just now (check hash tag #ps4share). With native YouTube support videos will get more love, who uploads to Facebook?

Never goes anywhere? Yeah we'll see... A legal and legit way to play something for free in a world where demos hardly exist? Yeah that isn't going to attract gamers at all.

• Like 2

Erm, if none of your friends are online when you use your PS4 you need more/better friends.

Sony servers aren't really in use here its your own internet connection, just like vita remote play so that's a null point.

You can play with a friend in co-op so its not just tied to taking over the controller. Quite clearly demonstrates that above.

Lots of people use the share button myself included. More so for pictures just now (check hash tag #ps4share). With native YouTube support videos will get more love, who uploads to Facebook?

Never goes anywhere? Yeah we'll see... A legal and legit way to play something for free in a world where demos hardly exist? Yeah that isn't going to attract gamers at all.

I live in Australia, so yes you could deem my friend list to be small and people I know in real life. There would be a handful of friends that I don't know personally and even then they are all from Australia. 90% of my friends list is also still PS3 only. My point was playing games other regions don't have access to yet, what's the time difference between here and Scotland? Will you be online and home when I finish work for me to shareplay with?

If it relies on your own internet connection it's nearly void in Australia as a feature regardless.

Co-op would be great, I would love more games to actually support co-op but I haven't seen it implemented successfully in games since Unreal & Halo. Maybe Lego? Or FIFA vs each other if it allows that type of gameplay?

I welcome straight uploads to YouTube, Facebook uploads have always been pointless.

This isn't a dig at you at all for wanting a feature, you just asked why no one was hyped for this and I supplied my reasoning. Deeper reasoning why this doesn't interest me? every 1st party Sony game has bombed since launch besides a last gen rehash (Knack, Killzone, Driveclub,inFamous..) and the updates have been even poorer. Some features like DLNA that people are screaming out for I would be more hyped about. Bring shareplay out down the line. Just deliver what you have been promising to deliver since reveal already. 

SharePlay will be limited to 1 hour per session. No problem if you want a friend to get you pass a hard section in a game, or they just want to get a feel for a game before buying.

But a little limiting if you want to play through a game co-op, what happens if you get to a boss fight for instance and your friend disconnects mid session? Can you pause the game and wait for him to rejoin, or is there a time limit on how soon you can rejoin?

Sounds like a great feature, it will be interesting to see how it is implemented.

My top feature is still going to be DLNA support, hope it's added before the year is out.

SharePlay will be limited to 1 hour per session. No problem if you want a friend to get you pass a hard section in a game, or they just want to get a feel for a game before buying.

But a little limiting if you want to play through a game co-op, what happens if you get to a boss fight for instance and your friend disconnects mid session? Can you pause the game and wait for him to rejoin, or is there a time limit on how soon you can rejoin?

Sounds like a great feature, it will be interesting to see how it is implemented.

My top feature is still going to be DLNA support, hope it's added before the year is out.

No, just the 60 minutes consecutively limit.

In the UK think of it like the 60 minute phone call "limit" most home phone packages have. Where unlimited calls mean "60 minutes" and if you go longer you have to pay, but you can hangup and redial.

I live in Australia, so yes you could deem my friend list to be small and people I know in real life. There would be a handful of friends that I don't know personally and even then they are all from Australia. 90% of my friends list is also still PS3 only. My point was playing games other regions don't have access to yet, what's the time difference between here and Scotland? Will you be online and home when I finish work for me to shareplay with?

If it relies on your own internet connection it's nearly void in Australia as a feature regardless.

Co-op would be great, I would love more games to actually support co-op but I haven't seen it implemented successfully in games since Unreal & Halo. Maybe Lego? Or FIFA vs each other if it allows that type of gameplay?

I welcome straight uploads to YouTube, Facebook uploads have always been pointless.

I'm not sure what being from Australia has to do with it. My psn friend list is pretty small cause I only add people I know but I always get requests in game from random people i play with or against online, so it can easily expand (with players from Australia) and my internet is a 100mbit line so our internet connections aren't an issue either.

There are a few games with decent co-op but personally I'd probably use share play to play against friends in games like Mortal Kombat / Street fighter, FIFA, etc. Co-op I'd probably use for games that already support it like diablo 3 but with share play my friends don't need to own the game or have ps plus to play co-op with me.

• Like 2

As someone that works for an Australian telco, I can assure you that your internet is not indicative of the rest of the country. We rank 120th in the world for average speeds here so don't try pretend that it'll be a feature that'll be well used in this country

• Like 1

I'm not sure what being from Australia has to do with it. My psn friend list is pretty small cause I only add people I know but I always get requests in game from random people i play with or against online, so it can easily expand (with players from Australia) and my internet is a 100mbit line so our internet connections aren't an issue either.

There are a few games with decent co-op but personally I'd probably use share play to play against friends in games like Mortal Kombat / Street fighter, FIFA, etc. Co-op I'd probably use for games that already support it like diablo 3 but with share play my friends don't need to own the game or have ps plus to play co-op with me.

The time difference, I have to say I'm lucky to ever get on with Brits or Americans when I play. Just mainly aussies grouped together regardless.

100mb? Lucky enough to be part of the fiber roll out? Bastard.  :p

I think like -T- said 95% of us are lucky to achieve 100kb upload speeds which is what this will mainly require.

It'll likely be midnight tonight.

Midnight where?

Or are you saying they're actually going to make it available by timezone?  Have they done that before?

It's live. Just had a very quick download.

Can't get onto Bungie Servers. Anyone else having problems?

Edited by cashman