PS4 Firmware 2.03

Sorry if I offended you....... Calling me stupid though... beneath you.

I was just saying that the 2.0 update caused problems. Maybe failure is too strong. When a windows updates comes out and results in bluescreen crashes, its a problem and people do get up in arms about it.

For some reason you took my reply to be some attack, which it wasn't. I never even had the issues others did and I was glad to see Sony quickly send out updates to fix the problem for those that did.

I never said you were stupid, but that your reasoning didn't make sense. That's why it bothered me so much, because I know you to be more level headed than that lol.

My apologies for the offense kind sir.

I never said you were stupid, but that your reasoning didn't make sense. That's why it bothered me so much, because I know you to be more level headed than that lol.

My apologies for the offense kind sir.

No problems, I definitely wasn't clear enough.

Ever since the latest 2.0 and dot releases after, my download speeds have dropped ridiculously low. Now at the point where a smallish demos are taking hours to download. Bear in mind I'm on over 200Mb download here.

Shocking service to be honest.

Ever since the latest 2.0 and dot releases after, my download speeds have dropped ridiculously low. Now at the point where a smallish demos are taking hours to download. Bear in mind I'm on over 200Mb download here.

Shocking service to be honest.

Having this issue to, actually took my PS4 to a friends to update since I thought my net was playing up when updating GTA but was capping out at 400kb's on he's internet as well.

• 2 weeks later...

2.03 is out.

Will add patch notes to OP later when Sony's site has updated. AFAIK, it only applies to app performance.

Now that would be good. I don't have many big gripes about the ps4 UI, but the app performance for me has been very below average. Not only in regards to performance, but also reliability. Teri first party apps need the help too, so I would love to see this improved.

I guess still no DLNA?

Nope!

"In the know" word is DLNA will launch once the new standards are set. DLNA 2.0 or whatever. Next year for sure anyway.

Nope!

"In the know" word is DLNA will launch once the new standards are set. DLNA 2.0 or whatever. Next year for sure anyway.

Thats all well and good, but still, they could support the current standard right now.

Oh nd the new update hasn't improved the app sitatuion for me at least yet, so there is always the next patch.

• 2 weeks later...

Luckily I never saw a single issue with the suspend after the initial issue I had of the console needing to be hard reset after the update that people were reporting the issue with. I thought for sure I was screwed as I had to rebuild my database or however they word it, but once I did everything was back to normal.

Ever since 2.0 and the subsequent dot releases my download speeds have dropped massively. Not impressed. I have 200Mb internet and was downloading at around 20Mb a second before 2.0, now I'm lucky to get 20Kb a second at times!! It's so up and down, but mostly down and slow.

Hope Sony are aware and are looking at the problem!

Ever since 2.0 and the subsequent dot releases my download speeds have dropped massively. Not impressed. I have 200Mb internet and was downloading at around 20Mb a second before 2.0, now I'm lucky to get 20Kb a second at times!! It's so up and down, but mostly down and slow.

Hope Sony are aware and are looking at the problem!

Have you reported it to them?

Not personally but I know I'm not the only one having this issue and they have raised it

The more people who raise the issue, the higher the priority is to fix it.

Ubisoft, for instance, fixed two of the issues I reported with glitches in Far Cry 4 on the PC - simply because I recorded how to replicate it 100%, showed them the location on the map etc A week later, a patch was issued and low and behold, those two issues were in the fix list. It got momentum when others came in to the post and also said they can replicate it.

I do a lot of router and router software testing as part of my job, and whenever we get customers with issues call in, we need to understand if it is a singular issue or multi-user so we can assign the correct priority. Just recently, we had a customer complain that whenever they play EA games on their Xbox One, they get kicked off after several minutes. No one else at that time had complained - so naturally, assumed it was their internet connections. Until we got 6 more calls. Turns out, EA use P2P which is QOS'd, so he was essentially timing out during peak hours when trying to play.