Halo: The Master Chief Collection: We are Golden

Then send it back to MS. If you're really wanting to prove it, record a video of the noise and upload it to youtube or something and show the game store/microsoft the symptom. Even if you get another one with the same issue you can always return it again (or maybe the new one will work). Assuming you'll just get another bad box is just going to leave you with a dying fan on your current system and no problems solved.

That is what I did do, it's on its way back now from the MS service centre. The turn around was too quick for them to of done anything with it but I will soon know if they did (I hope I am wrong and they did something). If not I'll get back in touch with MS and maybe I can twist their arm for a replacement console. Apparently the X360S suffered from the same problem (guess I got lucky on that one) and obviously MS didn't learn from that either...

That is what I did do, it's on its way back now from the MS service centre. The turn around was too quick for them to of done anything with it but I will soon know if they did (I hope I am wrong and they did something). If not I'll get back in touch with MS and maybe I can twist their arm for a replacement console. Apparently the X360S suffered from the same problem (guess I got lucky on that one) and obviously MS didn't learn from that either...

Every console won't be perfect, problems happen. And if the turnaround was quick they may just be swapping the drive and sending you a new console.

Every console won't be perfect, problems happen. And if the turnaround was quick they may just be swapping the drive and sending you a new console.

I know and understand that. I don't expect it to be perfect, just want the irritating noise to go away! I've had a X360 Pro and PS3 Phat and even my current X360S and PS3 Slim are not exactly quiet consoles, but the noise they do make can easily be "zoned out" and are not sounds of dying hardware. I can deal with normal fan noise, just squeaks/chirps that drive me insane because it's usually a sign of failure and never a normal sound under any circumstances. 

Well hopefully they did something! the service agent (who was very helpful) insisted it would be rectified, just have my doubts because from googling the issue alot of people sent theirs in and were never fixed. 

So, why does the digital download also need a 20GB day one patch?  I get the disc version does, because they probably pressed and packaged those weeks ago while still working on bugs to meet shipping dates etc, but the digital download should be of the newest version of the game with any fixes/patches already applied to it.

So, why does the digital download also need a 20GB day one patch?  I get the disc version does, because they probably pressed and packaged those weeks ago while still working on bugs to meet shipping dates etc, but the digital download should be of the newest version of the game with any fixes/patches already applied to it.

I am guessing the 20gb download is not finalized considering they mentioned it also includes a title update along with the multiplayer content so we probably wont see it until a week before release.

For some reason, digital owners are getting the same release code as those that were burned to disc.  For those who went digital, Microsoft should start the pre-load of the 20GB content patch as well.

It should have been one huge 65GB file not a 45GB now and 20GB later... 

never thought about that till now...

It should have been one huge 65GB file not a 45GB now and 20GB later... 

never thought about that till now...

IIRC, although the game is gold, the latter patch isn't complete yet and will be released globally to xb1 when it is.

Gold allows them to move into production and shipping, keeping the patch offline allows them to make improvements and optimizations up until the launch day.

IIRC, although the game is gold, the latter patch isn't complete yet and will be released globally to xb1 when it is.

Gold allows them to move into production and shipping, keeping the patch offline allows them to make improvements and optimizations up until the launch day.

Makes sense  :)

so lame that this won't be on pc.  all we get is spartan assault and now spartan strike....not even proper games, tablet rubbish. boooo!!!

p.s. if i had a xb1 i wouldn't buy it anyway since it doesn't come with reach or odst which are as much a part of the sage as the rest.

I played 1-3, odst and reach on a used 360 so i could finish the fight. then sold it all as that's all i wanted to play on the xb.

wish microsoft would see the frickin light and do some porting....obviously don't want the extra profit.

Sweet, I'm holding off getting it until/if my X1 gets fixed. Really disappointed with the build quality and use of cheap fans in the console (main fan already dying in my barely week old X1). MS are in full denial mode for the problem too so wait and see. Before people chime in, I didn't exchange it because the problem is so widespread that there is no guarantee the replacement won't have the problem either (some people have had theirs replaced multiple times and still couldn't get a good one). I'd rather my perfectly fine (other than the fan) system be fixed. If your system is fine and quiet then that is great! your one of the lucky ones, wish mine was...</rant>

its not a fan problem, nor has anything to do with build quality. what youre hearing is inductor noise on the power circuit on the board. Microsoft has already said they'll replace boxes with this issue, so I don't understand how you can say they're in denial. I've actually done a swap of these inductors I got from hk exchange on two boxes for friends who've already voided their warranties by opening up their consoles to upgrade the hard drives.

20gb is not that big of a download, I'm not sure why people even care to be honest.

Because for a lot of us in the rest of the world that will take over a day literally more then 24 hours to download. And that's someone who doesn't have caps.

The 20GB sounds like it's mostly for the MP stuff, you can go through all the single player MC stuff while the 20GB downloads in the background.

Thought this was cool.  Figured it would fit in this thread.

The Most Striking Piece Of Halo Art I've Seen In Ages

I was going to call "Master Chief and Arbiter (Gods Among)" by Sita Navas fan art, but the "fan" label feels cheap when applied to this Maya-style masterpiece. This is just art.
Posted over on Reddit by her husband to tremendous response, the piece portrays Bungie's twoHalo heroes in the distinctive style of the ancient Mesoamerican civilization. The end result is an image that lends a timeless mystery and wonder to these familiar figures.

vywhnmlgypd2zdmy7guu.png

Sita is selling prints of the piece over on her Etsy page, as well as Mayan takes on The Legend of Zelda and Metroid.

Source: Kotaku

• Like 2

whatever happened to the 100gig and 200gig blu ray discs they were supposed to come out with?  I hate the size of "updates" in this new generation.  Who the hell wants to download 20gig as a day one download, give me a break.

Why do you care? Like it's the biggest problem of the world.

It looks like those 3 and 4 layer BDs are not going to happen, or they would've by now I think.  Probably due to needing better drives and added cost/complexity of pressing more than 2 layers on a disc.    Man, I hate to be the one to bring this up, but flash needs to hurry up and getting more cheaper so we can have that instead of optical media.   It's faster, takes up way less space, no noise, no heat and moving parts that could break.  And developers could use as much as their game needs.

Ok, I'm going to say this now, Cortana comes back at the end of Halo 5!   

It's possible.

A little Halo nerdiness (SPOILERS):

From what I've seen so far, the logical path to the story would be the Chief going AWOL and searching derelict forerunner worlds to somehow bring back Cortana, possibly through some kind of interference from Catherine Halsey and the Janus Key she acquired in the Spartan Ops story arc of Halo 4. I can't imagine Halsey doing hostile actions to the Chief, he's like her son, her greatest creation, maybe she will contact him to get the second piece of the Janus key, which is in the hands of the UNSC, maybe the Chief will "borrow it".

It seems that in Halo: Escalation it's told that the UNSC Vociferous is currently pursuing Halsey and 'Mdama, so my two cents will be that in Halo 5 we'll start playing as Agent Locke pursuing Halsey, or some kind of mixed story arcs between Locke and the Chief like in Halo 2 with the Arbiter and the Chief.

If I'm right, someone give me an Xbox One as a prize :D

I'm pretty sure the gameplay will be close to Halo 2 in that regard, you'll either have two parallel stories going on a the same time and jump between MC and Locke like in H2 OR, they could then take it a step further and have a good deal of the missions with both of them together which would then open it up for campaign co-op with you and a friend.

As far as why I think Cortana could come back, I had some time to kill and a replayed Halo 4 over, they do drop hints throughout about how she's different from other AIs, how she's organic based and not fully a digital AI, or something to that extent.  There's also the bit with the librarian saying that Cortana was one of the "seeds" she put in place long ago.   I dunno how 343 wants to go about it but I just figure she'll be back in some fashion.

I'm pretty sure the gameplay will be close to Halo 2 in that regard, you'll either have two parallel stories going on a the same time and jump between MC and Locke like in H2 OR, they could then take it a step further and have a good deal of the missions with both of them together which would then open it up for campaign co-op with you and a friend.

As far as why I think Cortana could come back, I had some time to kill and a replayed Halo 4 over, they do drop hints throughout about how she's different from other AIs, how she's organic based and not fully a digital AI, or something to that extent.  There's also the bit with the librarian saying that Cortana was one of the "seeds" she put in place long ago.   I dunno how 343 wants to go about it but I just figure she'll be back in some fashion.

Cortana is actually a clone of the brain of  Catherine Halsey, one of 20 made by her. Out of those 20, only 2 survived. One was Kalmiya, which was posthumously integrated into Cortana. Cortana is unique in that regard, it's a clone of a living person, although the same AI rules apply to her, like rampancy.

The seeds the Librarian was refering to were the seeds of human and other species for natural evolution after the activation of the Halos, which, as was planned by the Librarian, culminated in the human race as it is in the Halo universe, with their development of AI such as Cortana and super humans like the Chief.

Spoiler tags please people, including theories relating to prior game events.

H4 isn't that old and many may be experiencing it for the first time on X1.

*Shudder*

The old GH days of PM's spoiling games.