2 Years With Linux

Sometimes I will get the feeling I might be missing out on something but then a call from a relative or friend will come to fix their Windows machine and after a few minutes with Windows I remember why I left in the first place.

:laugh: I'm the same. It's so nice to get back to Linux after having used Windows. It's easy to forget what a virus or rootkit is until one encounters a Windows installation again. Although most of my family and friends now use GNU/Linux so they rarely have any issues.

For me, Linux just works. I couldn't ever imagine going back to Windows full time.

Someones stubbon....

I completely love Linux always have, but I don't believe in 'the year of Linux' because there is a massive server base and always has been. I think the desktop form is getting much better but people use Windows at work and learning a new OS is not worth the time for people. Microsoft Office is the most complete office package and having a VM or something to run that for the everyday person is just too hard.

Getting fed up with the childish arguments on this thread and after countless warnings

Thread Closed

Thanks Haggis.

I have seen these "my OS is better than your OS, or Windows vs. Linux" threads for years. They never end up well. Everyone argues, warnings are given, and in the end, no one is convinced to change their OS. Is Linux ready for the desktop? It is for me and that is all that I need. I've been using Linux for more years than I can remember and it works just fine for me. I really do not care if the public is ready for it or not.

With that in mind, the technology world is big and there are computer operating systems out there for every taste and desire. What you choose for your system is totally up to you. Arguing that it is better than someone else's choice is just immaturity at its best. Tolerance for each others personal preferences is what makes our community strong. The OS tree has many branches and the one I want to sit on is totally my own choice. No amount of arguing will change that.

• Like 2