Help! Xbox 360 Controller for Windows 8 RTM

i bought an xbox 360 USB controller for an SSMO gaming, the Controller sometimes connects and sometimes it doesn't. I have to move the wire around and put it in weird positions to get it to connect, this is my 2nd controler. the first one did the same. i thought it was broken so i got a new one and it's the same result. do i need to install a program that will enable the synchronizing of this controller onto my PC?

post-530027-0-06473800-1413577195.jpg

i bought an xbox 360 USB controller for an SSMO gaming, the Controller sometimes connects and sometimes it doesn't. I have to move the wire around and put it in weird positions to get it to connect, this is my 2nd controler. the first one did the same. i thought it was broken so i got a new one and it's the same result. do i need to install a program that will enable the synchronizing of this controller onto my PC?

It sounds like the controller wiring is the issue. You stated that a new, second controller has the same problem; is that controller completely new (i.e., it has not been refurbished or used before?) Have you tried plugging the device in a different USB port?

Finally, have you followed the instructions on Microsoft's Xbox support website? http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-other-devices/windows/xbox-controller-for-windows-help

you either have 2 faulty cords or an issue with your usb port

I've used rock candy controllers on windows with 0 issues as recently as a few months ago @ my friends house (we were playing starwales tongue.png)