Anyone else experincing heavy stuttering/lagging while scrolling on some websites in IE11?

On certain websites, like wpcentral and cnet for example, I'm experiencing some terrible stuttering/lagging while scrolling.

CAUTION: reduce the volume before watching.

Sorry for the loud noise. That's my old logitech G3's scroll wheel. :D

As you can see neowin is scrolling smoothly, no matter how fast I do it, yet cnet and WPC are very laggy and continue scrolling even after I've finished rotating the wheel.

The funny thing is that, at least wpcentral, didn't behave like this until a few days ago.

I've tried resetting IE, clearing cache etc. to no avail.

Anyone else having this problem?

Maybe if you disable GPU acceleration, also could be your mouse sometimes it just needs to be unplugged and re-plugged into the computer.  Have you tried clearing not just the cache but history and anything saved? Maybe an extension is slowing it down.

I'm just asking if anyone else is having issues with WPcentral and Cnet in IE11; or perhaps some other website. I want to see if the issue is site related or not.

The majority of websites work fine and, as I mentioned, even those two worked fine until a few days ago.

Windows 8.1 64-bit, fully updated

Graphics driver? I haven't changed the driver for months, but if you must know, it's geforce 337.88.

I've never used SetPoint and it has always been fine.

Do you get lag while scrolling these forums?

No.

• 3 weeks later...

On certain websites, like wpcentral and cnet for example, I'm experiencing some terrible stuttering/lagging while scrolling.

CAUTION: reduce the volume before watching.

Sorry for the loud noise. That's my old logitech G3's scroll wheel. :D

As you can see neowin is scrolling smoothly, no matter how fast I do it, yet cnet and WPC are very laggy and continue scrolling even after I've finished rotating the wheel.

The funny thing is that, at least wpcentral, didn't behave like this until a few days ago.

I've tried resetting IE, clearing cache etc. to no avail.

Anyone else having this problem?

Yup... I'm also having this problem, and I have an AMD GPU. 

Maybe it is some issue with the website structure, something not well written for IE.

I get lots of stutter when smooth scrolling websites in Firefox as well. My overclocked i5 at 3.6 should be well up to the task but isn't..

I just put up with it these days.

• 2 weeks later...

After installing the November IE11 update, the issue went away. It's either that, or windowscentral updated their website's code on the same day.

P.S. scrolling on cnet is still terrible.

Have you tried using the "UI Responsiveness" feature in the F12 tools? It should tell you what sort of thing is causing the lag at the very least.

Here is a responsiveness report for cnet:

http://1drv.ms/1sNRDm5

It seems that style calculations (green) take the bulk of the processing time. I don't really know what it means though.

i just tried both website at both lastest windows updated IE11 win7 32bit and chrome 38.0.2125.122 32bit.

my sys is i5-2500s 4gb radeon 6650A, so sys specs is pretty more than enough.

the scroll UI lag exist in IE since version long ago ever since complex website coding like facebook or other exist, chrome just lesser that, it still exist.

it all depend on how the website is coded to make their features rich website lower consumption and how the web browser is coded to lower sys usage and higher output.

but yr video look more like firefox smooth scrolling features for me.