[NSFW] Hatred (Video Game): Is This Too Far?

Yeah. They hate homosexuals under the guise of Christianity. The only difference being they have no history of acting it out in mass or isolated acts of violence against those they choose to hate. You can actually hate whatever/whomever you like, it's acting upon that hatred in an unlawful manner that becomes a crime.

Ok, ty :)

(I was thinking yes, but didn't know how much 'grey area' they use, to avoid getting into trouble with the law etc...)

What about a Pedophile Simulator... or a 9/11 Simulator, or a Kill Immigrants Simulator or a Torture Black People Simulator....

I mean, sure it's all virtual, but I think at some point this kind of stuff tips beyond simply being in bad taste.

Paedophile Simulator - apparently there is a game called 'Rust' where naked men chase down little boys and abuse them. Also pretty much most Japanese hentai games are what we would classify as pedo sims.

9/11 simulator - you can argue that every CoD or Battlefield game is a 9/11 sim. Hell, you can actually argue every FPS ever made is a 9/11 sim. 

Torture black people sim - Red Dead Redemption? I remember tying up a few and leaving them to die on train tracks. Nothing wrong with that. 

Actually nothing wrong with all the above, simply because they are GAMES. They are not real in any way, shape or form. And if anybody thinks for a second that they should be going out and doing the violence in those games then they should seek help immediately. 

• Like 1

Actually nothing wrong with all the above, simply because they are GAMES. They are not real in any way, shape or form.

Agreed, but in this real life, there also peoples that wish to bend your minds into their liking.

So if your thought are not conform to their, you shall be considered as offensive to them.

Those people are dangerous if they held some political/authority powers.

I thought this game was a first person shooter, guess I remembered wrong.  Anyways, I don't feel like I have to rush and play this, seems more like a time waster with no real point other than to kill as many people as you can before the cops get you, all flash and no substance.  I don't like these kinds of games in general, I'm all for a good SP game with a good storyline and gameplay, gameplay alone isn't enough for me. 

If I did give this a try it'd probably be "unofficially",  you know what I mean.  :P

I'm pretty interested in this, particularly to see if it involves some kind of storyline or character development. I can relate to the "protagonist" in the brief moment before he succumbs to insanity and violence.

If there's any sense in the game, even if it's only to question our morals, or to not conform to our rules, I'm all in. If the game drops you off after the cinematic to kill people for scores or some such, I'll probably give it a spin for 15 minutes and grow bored.

If I did give this a try it'd probably be "unofficially",  you know what I mean.  :p

:laugh:

Paedophile Simulator - apparently there is a game called 'Rust' where naked men chase down little boys and abuse them. Also pretty much most Japanese hentai games are what we would classify as pedo sims.

9/11 simulator - you can argue that every CoD or Battlefield game is a 9/11 sim. Hell, you can actually argue every FPS ever made is a 9/11 sim. 

Torture black people sim - Red Dead Redemption? I remember tying up a few and leaving them to die on train tracks. Nothing wrong with that. 

Actually nothing wrong with all the above, simply because they are GAMES. They are not real in any way, shape or form. And if anybody thinks for a second that they should be going out and doing the violence in those games then they should seek help immediately. 

Not sure how fps games are 9/11 simulators... Can you fly a plane into a building in most fps games?

I think you meant war simulators.

Never heard of Rust or played any hentai games so I'll take your word for it. I also haven't played Red Dead Redemption but I'm guessing you could do the same to white people in it?

I personally think there is something wrong with the people who make these games and those who want to play them, especially if that Rust game is like how you describe it. They must find it entertaining to kill and stab people while they cry for help like this game.. or do other messed up stuff.

I think maybe you're stretching what those games are... just a tad..

Rust is a survival game. Nothing at all to do with pedophillia. I'll take you're point on those Japanese games.

Call of Duty or Battlefield are not 9/11 simulators, and you've completely lost be as to how FPS games are 9/11 simulators....

Red Dead Redemption is not a "Torture black people sim". Sure you could kill a black NPC in some comically sordid ways, but you could do that with any character & it's hardly a simulator.

I am talking about games that would actively assign the user to undertake these very specific tasks; it would be the goal of the game.

Also, doesn't saying they are "games" so it doesn't matter, kind of infers that the context or narritive of a game has little to no relevance to, let alone emotional impact on, the player. Which is of course incorrect.

Much like DirtyLarry, I am not too sure where I stand. But I think it's be pretty shallow for a game to be solely about commiting reprehensible or otherwise immoral actions just for the pleasure of it. I am not nessccarily saying such games should be banned though.

snip

Call of Duty's No Russian is the closest thing to Hatred that I can think of in mainstream gaming and it's not that different. The shock value of the executions in Hatred are more likely to deter someone that would want to do this in reality.

I think maybe you're stretching what those games are... just a tad..

Rust is a survival game. Nothing at all to do with pedophillia. I'll take you're point on those Japanese games.

Call of Duty or Battlefield are not 9/11 simulators, and you've completely lost be as to how FPS games are 9/11 simulators....

Red Dead Redemption is not a "Torture black people sim". Sure you could kill a black NPC in some comically sordid ways, but you could do that with any character & it's hardly a simulator.

I am talking about games that would actively assign the user to undertake these very specific tasks; it would be the goal of the game.

Also, doesn't saying they are "games" so it doesn't matter, kind of infers that the context or narritive of a game has little to no relevance to, let alone emotional impact on, the player. Which is of course incorrect.

Much like DirtyLarry, I am not too sure where I stand. But I think it's be pretty shallow for a game to be solely about commiting reprehensible or otherwise immoral actions just for the pleasure of it. I am not nessccarily saying such games should be banned though.

Exactly my point I was making. 

None of those games are in reality 'simuators' and no such games even exist for those contents. 

Games are simply what you imagine them to be. GTA games are fun. RDR is fun. 

People (mainly the uninformed, and the media) have been liking games like CoD and Battlefield as potential terrorist simulators as its FPS which supposivly puts you in control of the 'terrorist'. 

So yeah, this is just another game, theres nothing else behind it. If people want to say it will turn normal people into killing psychopaths then those people should seek help, and if you play this and feel the same, then you should be joining them.

As for Dust, it was the first thing that popped up when i googled 'pedo game outrage'. But yeah you get my point.

None of those games are in reality 'simuators' and no such games even exist for those contents.

But would it be ok if they did exist? I mean it's not too hard to come up with a game that could be incredibly upseting to individuals on a personal level.

But would it be ok if they did exist? I mean it's not too hard to come up with a game that could be incredibly upseting to individuals on a personal level.

All games are like that. A skinhead does not appreciate a game where you kill skinheads.

I'm pretty interested in this, particularly to see if it involves some kind of storyline or character development. 

Doubtful. It looks like they just copied and pasted the story of one of the deranged Columbine shooters.

Doubtful. It looks like they just copied and pasted the story of one of the deranged Columbine shooters.

The protagonist does not fit that description

Nothing wrong with playing a murder simulator.

Just like theres nothing wrong with playing Truck simulator or Goat Simulator.

Its when you go full retard and snap and do that crap for real, thats when it becomes a problem.

Are there any limits?  Would you defend a rape simulator?  Come on.

The protagonist does not fit that description

The protagonist is a character who wants to commit as much carnage as humanly possible. That was the plan hatched by the Columbine shooters. They wrote about their desire to kill as many people as possible and then kill as many emergency service people responding* - Even the trench coat aesthetic is reminiscent of the trench coat mafia stuff that was associated with columbine.

So, yeah, I think it's a reasonable comparison & I'm hardly the first one to see it.

It's not a particularly imaginative character and their nonsense about this being an exercise in anti-political correctness is embarrassing. If they want to play out some violent fantasy then they are welcome to, but they're hardly cultural warriors trying to defeat against the extremes of political correctness.

All that said, I wouldn't ban it.

Are there any limits?  Would you defend a rape simulator?  Come on.

defend it? Nope.

Play it? Yep probably I play pretty much every game out there. Hell, Ive even played 'Rapelay' just to see what the fuss was about. (terrible game btw)

Not sure If I'm making this out more then it needs to be or if this was done intentionally by the developer of this game. There might be a subliminal message hidden in the Hatred title.

See for yourself.

Hatred Title

DOFzHgvl.png

Hatred Title (Flipped Horizontally)

uUUIc71l.png

Still don't see the message? The next spoiler will reveal it.

Hatred Title (Message Revealed)

1cc5Qw6l.png

I mean, sure it's all virtual, but I think at some point this kind of stuff tips beyond simply being in bad taste.

You could say the same for every single game that portraits the US Army as a group of gods.