SimCity (2013) seems very complicated!

SimCity in it's current form is in fact broken. If you say otherwise you clearly don't play the game to it's full, advertised extent, IE: regions. I can't be bothered to get into detail but I've tested enough on my own and read enough on strategy to know as should anyone who wants to take such a hard stance. The game speaks for itself. Works in single player though, nice they finally caved on that one but I'd rather not play a region by myself forever.

edited

that's sorta true, but it's also one single element of a very massive game. 

however you can do a lot yourself to make traffic more efficient. I've made cities that are basically concentric circles of roads with one fairly large roundabout at the center connected by 4 bridge roads to the next circle, and probably 8 form that to the next. 

This basically allowed me to almost have zero issues with traffic clogging up, even in the early days before the traffic patches. There's also the less elegant only right turns and straight option, but it doesn't work as well, doesn't look as good and can be a real bitch to do. but you can do square cities with that.. But I find the circle cities looks a lot cooler, more futuristic to :)

Sounds like a pretty cool solution i might try it next time. But, like Draconian Guppy, i kind of like building up a busy, packed, grid based city and trying to manage traffic issues with a growing population. I guess that means maybe SimCity isn't the right game for that and i should probably look at something like Cities in Motion for the traffic based stuff.

• Like 1

It's pretty easy. You just have to get 30 mins. into it, and then you'd know everything. I have to say after 5h of gameplay it gets really boring. Also, look at how other people play it, that's what I do with these games. :rofl:

like this ? 

aerial-paris-arch-de-triomphe.jpg

does tropico have traffic?

Kinda yeah.

SimCity in it's current form is in fact broken. If you say otherwise you clearly don't play the game to it's full, advertised extent, IE: regions. I can't be bothered to get into detail but I've tested enough on my own and read enough on strategy to know as should anyone who wants to take such a hard stance. The game speaks for itself. Works in single player though, nice they finally caved on that one but I'd rather not play a region by myself forever.

edited

So you're just going to claim the game is broken, but not bother to qualify... ok....