How does Windows 10 build 9860 Perform?

I've used Windows 10 on Virtualbox but i was wondering, when installed natively does it use more or less the same resources as Windows 8.x? Considering a dual boot to use it more often but reluctant to if performance is a potential issue.

It runs fine for a beta. The only issues I have with it stem from power management. It loved crashing upon waking from sleep.

There's a bug with the Start button that means it won't respond if you move your mouse and click to quickly. It's already been reported on the Windows Feedback tool, so I'm not the only one affected.

Well, sounds like it's not too bad for some browsing of the web, email and facebook checking. Anyone got any task manager screenshots they can share from Windows 10 build 9860 running idle? Please include specs!

It runs fine for a beta. The only issues I have with it stem from power management. It loved crashing upon waking from sleep.

Other than two niggling software-compatibility issues (both involving MMORPGs from Sony Online Entertainment) it's no slower (actually, it's somewhat faster) compared to Windows 8.1 (with which it shares a drive).  It is actually better with a trackpad (compared to 8.1) and is more customizable (compared to 8.1).  As I said earlier, adjustability FTW.

One at the news (don't remember who) said that edge snapping (4 corners) was semi-broken until reboot. I have confirmed this anomaly. There are times that when you try to snap on corners it will default to side snapping.

The new build doesn't seem to work well with the latest Intel Rapid Storage drivers. Reboot times take 10 times longer than the previous one. A cold start is a pain in the a** until you wait for at least three minutes to start using the PC withou lag.

For me it's definitelly worse than 8.1. This build seems to be a CPU hog, also browsing is slow (lots of stuttering when scrooling pages, facebook for example), at least on Waterfox. Flash Player really needs an update, it really sucks on Win 10, but then again it always sucked, so...

After trying it out for constant 5 days, I need to say that this has been the most stable alpha OS I've tested so far (Comparing with Windows 7 Build 7000, Windows 8 TP/CP)

AutoCAD suite works flawlessly. I have a couple of hiccups when running modern apps. But other than that, it's been working pretty good!!!

Windows update was installed automatically. I had no idea it had updated til it did a restart! When the system came back up and I saw the same screens as when I did the first install I knew I had problems. 9860 was installed but I now have a windows.old folder that I cannot delete and for some reason all my picture subfolders were copied.

It's working well enough for me.  The snapping bug is SOMETHING to do with metro, because if you restart explorer OR kill ApplicationFrameHost.exe (that will close all your metro apps) snap works as intended again for a period of time and then breaks.

I had some other odd issues that were cleared up by making my own ISO and doing a clean install.

I can deal with it but it has a lot of issues.  My wifi will stop working, and won't reliably scan for networks. My VPN will not reconnect after waking up.  My trackpad occasionally decides to stop working right as well.  First build was fine.

I can deal with it but it has a lot of issues.  My wifi will stop working, and won't reliably scan for networks. My VPN will not reconnect after waking up.  My trackpad occasionally decides to stop working right as well.  First build was fine.

The wireless issues scream driver issue to me.  9860 messed with my wifi as well, it disabled 40mhz channel width on the 2.4 bands, once i re-enabled it and updated the driver things were okay again.

The wireless issues scream driver issue to me.  9860 messed with my wifi as well, it disabled 40mhz channel width on the 2.4 bands, once i re-enabled it and updated the driver things were okay again.

Pretty sure Im running the latest drivers, but I'll check.