Dumped woman spends a week in KFC to get over ex

Gorging on comfort food is pretty much a given when dealing with a breakup, but one woman decided to take her heartbreak public by camping out at a local KFC for seven days.

After being dumped by her boyfriend, Tan Shen says she was walking the city feeling depressed when she decided to stop into a KFC outlet in a train station in Chengdu China, reports Metro UK.

After ordering some chicken wings, Shen realized going back to her apartment would be too difficult.

?I hadn?t planned on staying there long, I just wanted some chicken wings.  But once I got in there and started eating I decided I needed time to think,? Shen said.  ?I didn?t want to go back to my apartment because it was full of memories of him. So I stayed.

Luckily for Shen, the place where she camped out is open for 24 hours. At first, the lovesick woman went unnoticed by employees since they work in different shifts.

"At first no one really noticed her. But after a few days I began thinking she looked really familiar. Then I realized we had been serving her for the past three days and that she hadn?t actually left,? Jiang Li Lung, a KFC employee said.  

Shen ordered more wings and fries and continued to stay in her booth. After a week, local media reportedly started flocking to the restaurant so Shen decided it was time to leave.

"I decided the best thing to do would be to leave the city and go back to my parents. I had already told work I was off sick, so phoned them and said I was leaving,? Shen said.

"And I was getting sick of the taste of chicken so there was no point in staying there anymore."

source

Never undstand when people get so wrapped up in someone that you do something like this

I think this behaviour is unusual, but the pain felt by betrayal or rejection can lead people to do all sorts of things. Let's be honest, there is a whole list of other, much more destructive things, she could have done to cope.

• Like 2

I had already told work I was off sick, so phoned them and said I was leaving,? Shen said.

I already know the answer to this but she was off sick but eating KFC? I assume her sickness was somehow also related to her relationship ending?

This women has issues, I'm sorry the relationship ended but life does not stop. Sitting down and moping about is NOT going to make things easier. 

I don't feel the least bit of pity for people that jump to food when dealing with loss.

Is it sad that her boyfriend walked out on her? depends on the circumstances.

Are there other things she could have done beside sitting in a slump? definitely.

I don't feel the least bit of pity for people that jump to food when dealing with loss.

Are there other things she could have done beside sitting in a slump? definitely.

How's the view from that high horse you're riding?

How's the view from that high horse you're riding?

because I don't feel pity towards a woman who would rather eat garbage for 7 consecutive days than deal with her problems like a normal, rational person would do, I'm on a high horse?

Pause for gasp: not everyone is you. Everyone has their own way of dealing with pain. It's no wonder so many people are miserable with judgemental narcissists jumping down their throats at any and every opportunity.

Actually, if you read it, at no point does it say she was binge eating, she stopped at KFC to get food, didn't want to go home so she sat there thinking

And had more food at some point, given it was a week, even though I hate KFC, I can understand how she would order more than once.

Now, that said, she's not very good at coping with loss/rejection