BSOD REMOVED ! Build 9841 !

Maybe I'm the only one, but normally I use the code provided in the BSOD to help me find out what went wrong. I can't do anything with that error message. :/

EDIT: Before anyone says it, I appreciate that this is the TP. I'm just hoping that as it progresses they provide more information rather than less.

Maybe I'm the only one, but normally I use the code provided in the BSOD to help me find out what went wrong. I can't do anything with that error message. :/EDIT: Before anyone says it, I appreciate that this is the TP. I'm just hoping that as it progresses they provide more information rather than less.

I presume there will still be logs though. I usually access these when I try to isolate a problem. Current blue screen doesn't stay up long enough to get the code anyway!

blue-screen-of-death-windows8-1.jpg

Except that the title of that image is "blue-screen-of-death-windows8-1.jpg" ;)

I presume there will still be logs though. I usually access these when I try to isolate a problem. Current blue screen doesn't stay up long enough to get the code anyway!

True, the event log should still hold the error. It was just useful for me when dealing with someone on the phone to be able to get them to read the error code to me rather than me either remoting in or physically going to their desk.

Evolution, on 26 Oct 2014 - 21:23, said:

Did it provide you with information after you reset about the issue?

Nope Nothing but the logs in TEMP Directory , there were no issues at all after restart , but what is important in this screenshot is that the typical bsod is removed in this build

Except that the title of that image is "blue-screen-of-death-windows8-1.jpg" ;)

It's identical in Windows 10, latest build. I just grabbed a pic from Google, since my PC didn't think to give me a BSOD right now. ;)

EDIT: Here. Happy?

It's identical in Windows 10, latest build. I just grabbed a pic from Google, since my PC didn't think to give me a BSOD right now. ;)

Fair enough and understandable, although I then have to wonder what the OP's error message is about since it does mention in the corner of his screenshots which build he is on. Do we have another set of error messages on top of the BSOD? These ones being even less explicit than the BSOD? I didn't think such a thing would have been possible. :laugh:

Fair enough and understandable, although I then have to wonder what the OP's error message is about since it does mention in the corner of his screenshots which build he is on. Do we have another set of error messages on top of the BSOD? These ones being even less explicit than the BSOD? I didn't think such a thing would have been possible. :laugh:

Well so far I didn't have any error like that, only the sad face thing. I guess those are the same thing, except that the OP's error actually gives you some time to save your stuff, as opposed to the big error that kills everything. 

That's So Weird Because this popup has the same message of the traditional bsod so when you read the text it's actually a new bsod if you want to , a simple clean and destinated to end users who doesn't know much in repairing windows errors 

ummm both of those screens and popups have been there since windows 8 for different severity of "BSOD"...

Ah. Haven't used Windows 8 onwards much so I didn't know. Although I'm annoyed that the less severe warning doesn't provide the information, even if it can be found in the event log (please tell me it can be found in the event log?)

No, the BSOD is still there, this is another kind of message. The BSOD will never go away, that's the only error there is to push out when Windows crashes.

That's only partially true. Yes there is still a BSOD that can trigger in extremely rare situations, but these two screens replace most BSODs.

I knew when I saw those images, that it was not a true "BSOD" replacement.

Minor issues, yes, those are fine. But big area for BSOD's is hardware faults, and when those happen, saving your work really isn't an option, nor is hitting okay to some button :p

I do agree though that for the minor ones, an error code really should be given. Not all of us want to look through logs, but most of use can write down an error code and Google it to get some idea wtf is going on lol.

the message about pc being need to restart in one minute is related to a service that windows depends that has stopped working and now has to restart. I had the error a couple times on windows 7 as well when trying to tweak the system and I shutdown a service that wasnt supposed to be shutdown.

I think it be awesome to customize the bsod.

mine would be.

Yo dog. your piece of shat computer had a problem and now has to restart.

please wait while it takes a dump and pray it restarts.

fyi.

when my computer bsod and restarts. the harddisks turns on slower and my system wont boot because it detected the drive in the wrong order. 

It is my opinion between this and the lack of F8 for safe mode functionally that they are making it harder and harder to repair.

As far as safe mode, people say well if it fails to boot 3 times it will boot the repair. They also say will you can still reboot into safe mode from regular mode, anyone who says that should just stop speaking.

What if someone changed their account from a local to a Live account and forgot their password and can't log in and wanted to restore it back to a previous time when they had a local account. Because the boot didn't fail the recovery wont' kick in. The F8 is now pretty much worthless. They don't have a Rescue USB key. How do they get into safe mode?

It is my opinion between this and the lack of F8 for safe mode functionally that they are making it harder and harder to repair.

As far as safe mode, people say well if it fails to boot 3 times it will boot the repair. They also say will you can still reboot into safe mode from regular mode, anyone who says that should just stop speaking.

What if someone changed their account from a local to a Live account and forgot their password and can't log in and wanted to restore it back to a previous time when they had a local account. Because the boot didn't fail the recovery wont' kick in. The F8 is now pretty much worthless. They don't have a Rescue USB key. How do they get into safe mode?

They don't they use the built in functionality to reset the password and get it on the mobile. 

They don't they use the built in functionality to reset the password and get it on the mobile. 

You mean resetting it via the website? What if this is the only online device they have and so they can't get into the computer to access the website to reset the password.