Some product shot vs real-world shots of Amiibo figures

Not the most exciting thing in the world, I know, but I do think the real world ones look a little less detailed than the product shots. Although that is probably pretty par for the course I suppose.

ZgvzSkf.jpgpCV8kcu.jpgIFCuu3N.jpg

They look reasonably similar...

You should see the pack vs product shots for food products! :s

lol. Are you a "The Checkout" viewer?

Besides Mario's fireball it all looks fine to me. Seems they used some clever lighting to enhance the flame effect or touched it up afterwards in PS.

edit:

Would have been better to keep the clear plastic holding Link up though.

I don't think they look terrible, and maybe the person who took the picture was in a dark room or something, but that fireball in particular looks pretty different.

The marketing shot looks like a crisp, clear plastic was used, the other shot looks like it is all cloudy.

As I said, not the biggest problem in the world, but I am thinking about buying some of these just as figurines so i hope when I go to the store they look a little more vibrant than these shots suggest.

The product shots are lit and captured by a professional. There are probably multi lights being used, a proper environment, etc. etc.

Here is a very interesting YouTube video about the guy who shoots all of the Apple products.

Look at everything he goes through to get it looking so damn good.

The same type of professionalism was just used to shoot the Mibos or whatever they are called.

The "actual" shots are a smartphone with awful lighting, etc.

That's all.

• Like 1

Here is a very interesting YouTube video about the guy who shoots all of the Apple products.

Pretty neat seeing the whole process, assuming the time-lapse is the same speed the whole way through (may not be) its kinda crazy how taking the actual photo (from setting up EVERYTHING to taking the final photo) is only half the process (much less if you count the actual cover creation). Other half is spent in Photoshop cleaning up the image.

For arguement sake I present to you, Hasbro:

Transformers Optimus Prime Fall Of Cybertron Box Shot:

1346815855_1.JPG

And in real life:

img_3367_1340886595.jpg

I bought the former but actually own the latter.

Nintendo should be commended for at least using more than one pass of paint.

You could tell couldn't you! :p

It's a great show. :p

For arguement sake I present to you, Hasbro:

<snip>

Those two products don't even look the same. :s I guess Hasbro thought the obscure nature of the Transformer series would allow them to make half-assed products

/s