Xbox One Available for $349 in the U.S. This Holiday Season

The Season of Xbox will begin on November 2, when Xbox One will be available for a special, limited-time promotional offer of $349 in the U.S. Special promotional pricing of $50 off the console of your choice applies to any Xbox One console, including special edition bundles, offering some of the year?s most anticipated games ? Assassin?s Creed: Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, and Sunset Overdrive.

Offer valid November 2, 2014 through January 3, 2015 at participating retailers. Regional availability and timing outside the U.S. will vary.

15451559289_153b8fd7a1_z.jpg

http://majornelson.com/2014/10/27/xbox-one-available-349-us-holiday-season/

That's longer than I thought it would be, would be nice for them to have the same deal going outside the US, though right now I can get more for my 400euros buying a XB1 than a PS4, more games in the XB1, 3, vs just 1 with the PS4 for the same price.   As good as that is though, sadly it'll have to wait a bit longer, need a new hard drive for my desktop and a new laptop.

Xbox One Available for $349 Starting November 2; Up to $150 in Savings

By Xbox Wire Staff posted October 27, 2014 at 3:00 AM
email-button.png

The holidays are starting early this year as the Season of Xbox will begin on November 2, when Xbox One will be available for a special, limited-time promotional offer of $349 in the U.S. Special promotional pricing of $50 off the console of your choice applies to any Xbox One console, including special edition bundles, offering some of the year?s most anticipated games - Assassin?s Creed: UnityCall of Duty: Advanced Warfare andSunset Overdrive. With Xbox One available at its best price yet, and savings up to $150 off select bundles, there?s never been a better time to own an Xbox One.

?Fans don?t have to wait for Black Friday this year to enjoy great savings on Xbox One. We?re offering our best price yet, with unprecedented choices and value, so more people can play on Xbox One this holiday,? said Yusuf Mehdi, corporate vice president, Microsoft. ?We?re gearing up for one of our biggest holidays ever and we are thrilled to offer fans up to $150 in savings on Xbox One and some of the biggest blockbuster games of the season.?

This holiday fans have more options to choose from with several exclusive bundles available at $50 off including: 

• Available on Nov. 2 in the U.S.**, the Xbox One Assassin?s Creed Bundle for $349* ERP and Xbox One Assassin?s Creed Bundle with Kinect for $449* ERP features what is shaping up to be the biggest, most intense Assassin?s Creed game to date: Assassin?s Creed: Unity as well as Assassin?s Creed IV: Black Flag on Xbox One. The Xbox OneAssassin?s Creed Bundle with Kinect also includes Dance Central Spotlight.

assassinscreed%20bundle_final.jpg?h=497&

group_threebundles_stackb_hires.jpg?h=43

This special promotion will be available nationwide at most major national retailers in the U.S., including Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Microsoft Stores, Target, Toys ?R Us and Walmart.

Fans will have a broad portfolio of amazing games on Xbox One this holiday. Only on Xbox One can you play exclusive games like Halo: The Master Chief CollectionSunset Overdrive andForza Horizon 2, plus the newest blockbusters such as Assassin?s Creed: UnityCall of Duty: Advanced WarfareDestinyDragon Age: InquisitionFIFA 15Madden NFL 15Grand Theft Auto VMinecraft and dozens more this holiday.

?We want this to be an unforgettable holiday season for Xbox fans around the world,? said Phil Spencer, Head of Xbox. ?Only on Xbox One can you play some of the most anticipated exclusives, newest blockbuster franchises and innovative independent games of the year. We?re pleased to start the season off early with an incredible portfolio that includes millions of hours of fun for gamers and their friends.?

games_info_r1t1_sk.png?h=445&w=620

*$50 off any Xbox One console or bundle. Offer valid November 2, 2014 through January 3, 2015 at participating retailers.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/10/xbox-one-special-savings

How does this work for people who have it on layaway at places like walmart for the holidays? They price match normally, will they still price match it while its on layaway?

I have one on layaway and don't want to cancel it and pay a fee and re put it on.

How does this work for people who have it on layaway at places like walmart for the holidays? They price match normally, will they still price match it while its on layaway?

I have one on layaway and don't want to cancel it and pay a fee and re put it on.

If I'm not mistaken,  if there is a price cut while an item is on layaway I believe Walmart will adjust the price accordingly to the advertised price point.

If I'm not mistaken,  if there is a price cut while an item is on layaway I believe Walmart will adjust the price accordingly to the advertised price point.

Thanks, do you have to go there and tell them? Or does the system do it automatically?

Thanks, do you have to go there and tell them? Or does the system do it automatically?

I believe you have to await for the price drop to officially happen (11/2/14) and then go to Walmart to have them adjust the price.

Don't trust them to do it automatically.  And make sure to get a copy of updated documentation (receipt or something).

I believe you have to await for the price drop to officially happen (11/2/14) and then go to Walmart to have them adjust the price.

Don't trust them to do it automatically.  And make sure to get a copy of updated documentation (receipt or something).

Thanks. 

np  :D

Really hope you enjoy it.... once you grab it...

Thanks,  I had one back in September.  First one out of the box had to get exchanged because of a fan issue.  Then second one had to get returned because of money issues. So third time is a charm.

They might keep the price the same post holidays, guess it'll depend how it goes for them, a quick $50 off should be possible faster this gen compared to last with how these systems are less custom (though still are to a degree), so the hardware bits should drop in price quicker for them.

Heck, It wouldn't surprise me if we see a redesigned and slightly smaller version for holiday 2015 at this rate.

That should light a fire underneath their sales numbers for the holiday.

Only thing I honestly think is missing is a massive Halo marketing campaign. You could argue they don't need it, but as it's their flagship franchise, you'd think they'd be hyping it up big time but I haven't really seen anything about it out in the open.

How far MS have come from the days of trying to peddle Kinect 2 in a $499 bundle (Y)

There's nothing wrong with that SKU. There's a problem with offering only that SKU, however, as everyone on earth correctly predicted :laugh:

There's nothing wrong with that SKU. There's a problem with offering only that SKU, however, as everyone on earth correctly predicted :laugh:

I think the problem with that SKU is that for a period of time it was the only SKU.

If X1 was $349 in Aus I would snap one up so fast... Maybe in 8 years time.

I have a feeling they could do the same in the EU, I don't get why it's just US at this point, maybe it's easier to get retailers to work with them on it quickly.  A bit more tricky in the EU with all the different markets and different VATs to worry about.

I think the problem with that SKU is that for a period of time it was the only SKU.

If X1 was $349 in Aus I would snap one up so fast... Maybe in 8 years time.

Yes, that's what I said. There's not a problem with the SKU itself, there's a problem that it was the only SKU.

There's also the problem that Microsoft still needs to make better use of Kinect, but that's another matter entirely. I still think it's worth the additional cost, but there's so much potential that Microsoft's left on the table. It certainly doesn't help that it gave up on Kinect games before the Xbox One even launched.

Yes, that's what I said. 

I was agreeing :), and if I recall correctly MS insisted that would be the only SKU. That is, all X1s would be bundled with Kinect.

We quickly learnt that wasn't the case.

There's only so much MS can do on it's own when it comes to Kinect, 3rd party developers need to come up with ways to use it, so far we've only seen a few cases of this.  As the tech gets better and more accurate though, who knows? 

I really want a white Xbox One. Wonder if they're going to make more of them available. Right now, the SO bundle is tough to find. 

I must be the only one who doesn't see this as a good thing, and that includes the sharp price drop of the PS4 too.

The idea was to sell the consoles for at-cost value because selling at a loss "didn't work". Now all they're doing is giving away the hardware at a loss to make up for the poor sales. In the end we're stuck with the under powered hardware and they still lose money :no: