Windows 10 - Active Directory Users and Computers

Hi all! Has anyone insalled the Active Directory Users and Computers feature on Windows 10? I've tried using the Windows 8.1 install, but it tells me that it isn't support by my OS and I also tried compatibility mode..

Just to kick off:

**Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 8.1 can be installed ONLY on computers that are running full releases of Windows 8.1 Pro or Windows 8.1 Enterprise.**

Source

If you have either Pro or Enterprise, then it's interesting that you can't install it.

However, from that I would equally assume that it isn't possible to install it on to Windows 10 yet, as it is still the Technical Preview. It's not designed to be used for things like accessing the Active Directory yet, is it?

There is an installer for Windows 10 TP :)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=44280

How interesting. I'm surprised, I wouldn't have thought that Microsoft would deem it necessary to do, seeing how the TP shouldn't be used in a real world situation yet, and both products are Microsoft so one would assume that they work without the need for external testing.

Nice find, though! (Y)

How interesting. I'm surprised, I wouldn't have thought that Microsoft would deem it necessary to do, seeing how the TP shouldn't be used in a real world situation yet, and both products are Microsoft so one would assume that they work without the need for external testing.

Nice find, though! (Y)

I downloaded them the day of the first TP release on a test machine at work and they work just as they should :)

• 6 months later...

well, installed it... and not working for me.. doesnt come up under turn windows features on or off... nothing under admin tools in control panel... running build 10061 ... anyone else have the same issue? cheers :)

Grabbed the latest version from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45520

• 2 months later...

well, installed it... and not working for me.. doesnt come up under turn windows features on or off... nothing under admin tools in control panel... running build 10061 ... anyone else have the same issue? cheers :)

Grabbed the latest version from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45520

I have this same issue running enterprise build 10162.  Any suggestions??

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know where to get the same update, but for the Official Release (July 29th) Not for the TP??!! I've looked everywhere and have tried the one for the TP numerous times to no avail

Thanks in advance for your time

RSAT for Windows 10 RTM has not been released yet.  Might have to wait a while, unfortunately.

I can't believe it. They want to woo businesses into the 10 fold and don't release one of the most used components of a support/IT team. We've had to resort to setting up a VM or remote to the actual server to do account and directory maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...