2012 Gigabyte Motherboard Search Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H TH

The Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H TH is a rare mATX Socket 1155 motherboard that was available in 2012. Most who bought them used them for hackintoshes.

If anyone knows where I can find one for purchase, any info is appreciated.

If your loaded theirs a GA-Z77MX-D3H TH on Ebay Germany going for a lot of money.

You can buy a used GA-Z77MX-D3H on Amazon.com, not sure how that differs to the GA-Z77MX-D3H TH you are after though.

A few places here in the UK look to have the GA-Z77MX-D3H but not the GA-Z77MX-D3H TH.

If your loaded theirs a GA-Z77MX-D3H TH on Ebay Germany going for a lot of money.

You can buy a used GA-Z77MX-D3H on Amazon.com, not sure how that differs to the GA-Z77MX-D3H TH you are after though.

A few places here in the UK look to have the GA-Z77MX-D3H but not the GA-Z77MX-D3H TH.

The TH has Thunderbolt Gen 1. By mid next year there will be mobos with Thunderbolt Gen 2 and I'll probably build a new system with Skylake CPU at that time. Unfortunately this seller won't ship to US, and $300+ is steep for a mobo this old even with Thunderbolt. Good find though.

There is 1 on Ebay right now in Texas for $62

A TH? Can you post link, I'm on there now and can't find one. What country?

Can someone offer some context? Why are these desirable/expensive? Is it because they can be used to build hackintoshes?

If you are already willing to shell out the cash, just buy an actual Mac?

Can someone offer some context? Why are these desirable/expensive? Is it because they can be used to build hackintoshes?

If you are already willing to shell out the cash, just buy an actual Mac?

They're not really in general. Right now there aren't any mITX and only one mATX with Thunderbolt 1 or 2 connectors on board. There are newer full ATX mobos with TH2 on board. I don't do ATX anymore, mATX is as big as I'll go with a Silverstone FT03. Next year 2ndH hopefully there will be mITX's with the Skylake platform.

This is the only socket 1155 that's I'm aware of, in mATX or smaller that has Thunderbolt with ports on board. I want to reuse the i7 1155 that I have in a Thunderbolt system. Buying an LG 34" 21:9 Thunderbolt Monitor, maybe, maybe the curved edition and I want to daisy chain some storage. I'll be doing some video editing. Most likely I'll just wait to upgrade mid next year, but if I could find this board, I'd probably do an interim build.

If I wanted a big PC there would be no problem, but after going SFF and silent I can't go back.

So, it's a form factor thing?

Thunderbolt on the mobo, in mATX or smaller form factor using Z77 chipset as well (Socket 1155 CPUs). It's the only one I know if and it's very rare. In 6 to 8 months it won't be an issue, I hope. Thunderbolt is still slow to catch on in PC land at the desktop/consumer level, but it's picking up steam.

I don't wish to derail your thread, but Thunderbolts adoption is probably going to be further hampered by the fact that USB 3.1 is on the way. 

I don't wish to derail your thread, but Thunderbolts adoption is probably going to be further hampered by the fact that USB 3.1 is on the way. 

No worries. Thunderbolt will probably never be the mainstream connectivity standard, but it has it's benefits. Particularly daisy chaining, 4 channels, and the ability to carry PCI express. USB 3.1 will be great particularly for backwards compatibility. Thunderbolt 2 doubles the bandwidth of T1 and USB 3.1 but until m.2 and pci express based storage becomes more common, and it will/is, the performance benefits of T2 may not be readily available. USB 3.1 can do 4k, T2 can daisy chain a couple 4ks.

And there is nothing more readily available in a more common form factor? Surely there are thunderbolt expansion cards?

I'm sincerely interested what application you'd have for this particular mobo :)

And there is nothing more readily available in a more common form factor? Surely there are thunderbolt expansion cards?

I'm sincerely interested what application you'd have for this particular mobo :)

Actually there aren't. There's only one by ASUS only for a couple specific motherboards and all those are full ATX. I actually have an Intel NUC with Thunderbolt (they don't make the model anymore) but it's an i3.

I'll just wait. Zotac has a MiniITX reference with Thunderbolt but never put it in production. 2015 isn't that far away. If I lucked up upon one, reasonably priced I would have salvaged my ivy bridge i7 and moved to a Silverstone FT03, which is as big as I'll go.

Thanks for the help, I'll keep my eye on all the ebay sites.