iCloud for Mac backups?

With the introduction of iCloud Drive and the massive drop in price for iCloud storage (?2.99 a month for 200GB) has anyone thought of using iCloud to backup all their Mac documents as an alternative to solutions like Carbonite?

Hell no, Apple doesn't seem to take security very seriously, after all the iCloud mishaps. The only thing I use the cloud for is to store music, otherwise I don't trust anything cloud based. I want to own my "data" and I will take necessary precautions to safeguard it. Yes, I get we all have stuff in the cloud, like email, but I'm talking personal documents, pictures, and such. 

Get Office 365 and you will get OneDrive for Mac, with unlimited storage.

There is no OneDrive for Business sync client for Mac as of yet :(

Hell no, Apple doesn't seem to take security very seriously, after all the iCloud mishaps.

Wasn't it users not taking data security seriously that was the route in for those?

There is no OneDrive for Business sync client for Mac as of yet :(

true, the only client for OSX is the OneDrive for Mac, not Onedrive for Business. That's why i recommended Office 365, because there is the Home edition that provides Onedrive for Mac. 

true, the only client for OSX is the OneDrive for Mac, not Onedrive for Business. That's why i recommended Office 365, because there is the Home edition that provides Onedrive for Mac. 

Wow, I thought they still used OneDrive for business, might have to look into this then :) Thanks