BREAKING: BONG BONG BONG BONG!

London?s iconic clock tower, Big Ben, has an unofficial Twitter account. Like other novelty Twitter accounts that exist solely for comedy purposes, the reason for this Big Ben account?s existence is just that ? a joke. The only thing is, whereas other novelty accounts stay fresh with their humor, @big_ben_clock only says ?BONG.? In most scenarios, even if the account?s owner is bonging on the correct time, most followers wouldn?t receive the bonging at the exact correct moment, due to Twitter?s somewhat slow rate of updates.

http://www.themarysue.com/unofficial-twitter-account-big-ben/

It's actually more useful than a lot of the other accounts out there, at least it can remind you that should should have gone to bed hours ago. :laugh:

• Like 1

This is true, but as "Big Ben" is a clock in London, that kinda goes without saying. :)

Big Ben is actually the bell inside, but everybody refers the whole clock/tower as such.

It is a big day for bongers everywhere! :p

what....

This account of Big Ben just BONG BONGed for a really like time. Now it has finally said something else with half a million followers. A very interesting social experiment.

Like a lot people I wasn't aware of that. :o I'm guessing the tower itself has its own name?

Formerly Clock Tower, now it is called Elizabth Tower.

• Like 2

this is what the OP should have done in the first place. Nonetheless, i find the account and the whole situation very funny; it's a jab people and take it lightly.

It is a big day for bongers everywhere! :p

This account of Big Ben just BONG BONGed for a really like time. Now it has finally said something else with half a million followers. A very interesting social experiment.

Formerly Clock Tower, now it is called Elizabth Tower.

No, the fake big ben account saying muahaha for halloween isn't no interesting or a social experiment.