ASUS Geforce 210 on Win 8.1 x64

Hello!

I need some help with my VGA card. It's keeps crashing my PC. Obviously, the Nvidia driver is the issue...

I recently installed a windows 8.1 x64 on my MSI G41M-P33 board with Q6600. The system is working properly with in the onboard VGA, but as soon as a switch over to the Nvidia card, the system is crashing, better to say it goes blank (suspended) stage. It tries to reload a couple of times, but sooner or later it goes to blue death screen, with the nv######.dll (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXEPTION or VIDEO_TDR_FAILUTE) fail.

What's have done to correct this:

1. Safe mode

2. Uninstalled all prev. drivers

3. Reinstalled latest Nvidia site recommended drive: 340.52

Still, my system is loading up damn slow, and after max. 10minutes it dies.

How can I solve this? Any suggestions?!

Try the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). Don't forget to do it in safe mode, then reinstall the driver. Also, you might want to try older drivers too.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/550192/geforce-drivers/wagnard-tools-ddu-gmp-tdr-manupulator-updated-10-31-14-/

Meanwhile saw a youtube video:

Also highlights the problem. This is the nvlddmkm.sys crash problem. BSOD. No official Nvidia fix yet.

We use older drivers with a bunch of these in HP dc7900s using Geforce 210 with no issues.  Not sure the exact version, off-hand, but not the newest.

Meanwhile saw a youtube video:

Also highlights the problem. This is the nvlddmkm.sys crash problem. BSOD. No official Nvidia fix yet.

I suggest you do not mess around with TDR related registry keys.

Just try the cleaner, and if the latest driver still crashes, then use older ones.

If the problem persists, then post it in the official geforce forum.

Try driver 337.88. Anything after that I have found to be very unstable.

I have 2 x GTX460, 1 x GT610, 1 x GT520.

EDIT: Clean up with DDU before trying 337.88.

There are NVIDIA branded GPU that crash A LOT.  But there are brand that is extremely reliable.  I am lucky enough to have used the brand that is rock solid.  One particular brand ZOTAC is a military-grade type of GPU.  It is tough and never crash.  Runs cool.

What brand (maker) is your NVIDIA GPU card?  Would be better at trouble-shooting your card if we know the maker of your card, maybe. :)

I suggest you do not mess around with TDR related registry keys.

Just try the cleaner, and if the latest driver still crashes, then use older ones.

If the problem persists, then post it in the official geforce forum.

Try driver 337.88. Anything after that I have found to be very unstable.

I have 2 x GTX460, 1 x GT610, 1 x GT520.

EDIT: Clean up with DDU before trying 337.88.

We use older drivers with a bunch of these in HP dc7900s using Geforce 210 with no issues.  Not sure the exact version, off-hand, but not the newest.

Unfortunately, I tried so far the latest 340.52, then the support guy from Nvidia suggested 335. But that also still crashed. So I guess if I would try the golden middle "337.88" that would be still an issue.

I was thinking to download the ASUS recommended driver version. but damn, are they FREAKIN' kidding? They have all the OS versions, except 8.1 x64. Is this a joke or something?! (check: http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/EN210_SILENTDI1GD3V2LP/HelpDesk_Download/)

Nvm, I will try Win 8 x64 driver tomorrow.

Version: nVIDIA Display Driver V306.23 WHQL

Until then, I'm going to settle with the 4500 Intel.

PS: Why is messing the TDR bad? Where you linked me to the removed drivers, there below was a TDR adjuster too. I got that one also.

PS: Why is messing the TDR bad? Where you linked me to the removed drivers, there below was a TDR adjuster too. I got that one also.

Because it might cause other issues in the long run. Even the creator of the tool himself says that it's for diagnostics purposes and after testing, recommends to set back to default.

Because it might cause other issues in the long run. Even the creator of the tool himself says that it's for diagnostics purposes and after testing, recommends to set back to default.

I see.

Anyway, I installed the ASUS recommended driver, same issue all over again. So, Nvidia driver seem to not working for me. That's a damn shame. But it's so damn pathetic, that the Nvidia's own sh1t ain't proper. But the windows driver seem to be working. WTF! Srly!

I saw, some people recommended to chance the cooling, which is passive to an active, and then the problem is solved. What do you say?

Will now clean the nvidia drive again of my system. But damn, it's always suck a procedure to get the other VGA working, then boot into safe mode, and again, and again... and the result is always, NONE of the nvidia drivers work.

They're both pretty low-end chips.  I wouldn't think you'd see much difference.

What are you relating too? :/

What are you relating too? :/

All over the web, if I search for Geforce 210 vs Intel X4500.  Just saying.

I agree that it should work, but I wouldn't expect much from a $20-$30 card, either.

I know this sounds odd, also, but try a different PSU if you have one.  I have a machine with onboard Intel driver that would crash daily.  I tried everything with that machine.  Once I changed the PSU, no more BSoD.  In the event logs in showed the Intel driver causing it.

Anyway, I installed the ASUS recommended driver, same issue all over again. So, Nvidia driver seem to not working for me. That's a damn shame. But it's so damn pathetic, that the Nvidia's own sh1t ain't proper. But the windows driver seem to be working. WTF! Srly!

There are people with a geforce 210 and windows 8.1, and the nvidia driver works fine. You can't be sure if it's the driver causing it.

The only thing that I could suggest is to try the card on a different computer with windows 8.1. If there aren't any other computers, then take it to a repair shop to test it for you. If it works on other systems, then there is a different problem on your side that's causing this, or maybe the card itself has started going bad.

• 2 weeks later...

All over the web, if I search for Geforce 210 vs Intel X4500.  Just saying.

I agree that it should work, but I wouldn't expect much from a $20-$30 card, either.

I know this sounds odd, also, but try a different PSU if you have one.  I have a machine with onboard Intel driver that would crash daily.  I tried everything with that machine.  Once I changed the PSU, no more BSoD.  In the event logs in showed the Intel driver causing it.

Well, the card is hooked on via the Mobo plug, otherwise it's not even working. Yes, it wasn't planed to get the VGA card, but according to result, the card should perform better in games then the Intel "inside".

There are people with a geforce 210 and windows 8.1, and the nvidia driver works fine. You can't be sure if it's the driver causing it.

The only thing that I could suggest is to try the card on a different computer with windows 8.1. If there aren't any other computers, then take it to a repair shop to test it for you. If it works on other systems, then there is a different problem on your side that's causing this, or maybe the card itself has started going bad.

As sad many times before, the card it self work perfectly with the generic windows driver. But since the generic windows driver is not opted for low end games, I would like to use Nvidia's. Which is not possible. Sadly I don't have an other setup ready to test on. But might have shortly. Will try my luck then again.

• 2 weeks later...

Took the Nvidia card out of the system, since it's completely not working out, the default windows driver can't use the advantages of the good chip.

Uninstall your drivers and go on Windows Update.

NVIDIA drivers for Geforce 210 are available on Windows Update, it's not a "generic" driver, but a full package (NVIDIA Geforce drivers 340.52 - September 2014)