CMS Design

Question

What do you think of the following design?

It's a new CMS I'm creating, for simple webpages and complex webpages, it's kinda like wordpress.

The design is based on material design from google. The colorscheme is configurable.

Any suggestions/ideas?

grtjn.jpg

post more screenshots :P lol

I'll post a screenshot of the editor when I'm finished with the basics of it.

Looking very nice sir. Like a cleaner IPB4 (which isn't a bad thing!),

PHP/MySQL get my vote. If you plan on open sourcing and want the largest user base possible, then there is nothing wrong with PHP. It's just very fashionable to hate on it of late. 

Let us know when there's a version ripe for screwing with and i'll spread the word on my web design forum / IRC channel.

• Like 2

post more screenshots :p lol

Here's a screenshot of the editor, still work in progress.

The editor has 2 parts, on the left the editor and on the right a live preview, the live preview can be resized with the resizer in the middle.

You can set the resize mode in the template properties, as example by default it just resizes and if the template has mediaqueries it will apply those but it's also possible to set a fixed width for the preview and have the page zoom in and out when the preview is resized.

The content is a bit more dynamic then most editors since it support multiple single/multiline input fields which makes it easier to manage seperate sections of the content without breaking the layout again, so many sites I've seen where the layout was broken because the content editor changed some text...

Other then content you will have properties, the template can put toggles and input boxes there also color pickers, date pickers etc can be put here to change the look of the page or certain details.

And as last you have settings where you can do the usual stuff, change page title, hide/show page in nav, password protect page(thinking about adding this) and some more things.

dQVAn.jpg

• Like 3

Another screenshot of the editor with a finished toolbar.

The next thing I'm working on is the add button which gives the option to add links, embed images, embed videos and custom embeds.

CzEGC.jpg