Pretty much confirmed: next Technical Preview is build 9880

Looks like we're up for Windows Technical Preview 3. Today, a new build was logged by Buildfeed.net and labeled with flight level "Low". Now, what does this mean? Well, to make it clear: the only builds that have "Low" as flight level are build 9841 and 9860. And guess what builds are part of the Windows Insiders program? Indeed. Now, of course, this build won't be available right away, it will probably take a couple of days, but, well, expect it very soon in the Fast update cycle.

https://buildfeed.ne...tions/info/556/

Good, it's about time to get a new build, I think everyone's dug into 9860 by now.   I hope the next preview brings new things we don't know about with it, heck, new IE12 please?

I don't think 9880 is a guaranteed build by any means. There's been a few builds reported to have been seen in low besides 9880.winmain.

I do agree that a new build is fairly imminent though. Maybe in a week or so for a public release? I'd expect a wider private release within a few days.

I fail to see the reason to let Microsoft release a winmain build rather than fbl_release to public. Being in low risk level does not necessarily mean that it will be public.

There are other branches which were detected in both low and medium risk levels. If there's a new build, most likely it will be 9871.0.fbl_release.

https://buildfeed.net/actions/info/476/

I don't think 9880 is a guaranteed build by any means. There's been a few builds reported to have been seen in low besides 9880.winmain.

I do agree that a new build is fairly imminent though. Maybe in a week or so for a public release? I'd expect a wider private release within a few days.

This, plus the public builds don't come out of winmain, they come out of fbl_release.

Well, be it a 987x or a 988x build, something new for November should come, heck they should do another build in December to, before the holidays kick in and MS takes time off, which they always do.

9880 is on flight level high. Apparently it is logged under all three flight levels with different languages? whatever that means.

I saw this though,

6.4.9879.0.fbl_cortana.141102-1613

I actually saw it a few times between 9860 and the latest which is posted as 6.4.9882.0.fbl_desk.141105-2220 so I wonder if this will be released within the next build?

A Microsoft employee on the Windows 10 Tech Forums hinted of having difficulty upgrading to a higher build from his currently installed build 9868.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_tp-windows_install/couldnt-update-to-windows-technical-preview/a3367733-0ff6-423a-97e9-d3afc7ba827b

A Microsoft employee on the Windows 10 Tech Forums hinted of having difficulty upgrading to a higher build from his currently installed build 9868.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_tp-windows_install/couldnt-update-to-windows-technical-preview/a3367733-0ff6-423a-97e9-d3afc7ba827b

He's running a build the public doesn't have access to, though.

9880 is on flight level high. Apparently it is logged under all three flight levels with different languages? whatever that means.

I saw this though,

6.4.9879.0.fbl_cortana.141102-1613

I actually saw it a few times between 9860 and the latest which is posted as 6.4.9882.0.fbl_desk.141105-2220 so I wonder if this will be released within the next build?

No, there have been Cortana lab builds for a while (prior to 9860, even prior to 9841 if I'm not wrong), and prety much a lot of labs.

And this is why "Pretty Much" doesn't mean crap.

And a new build is out today for the Insiders (installing as I type this - I downloaded it while I was in the shower).  After the reboot, I'll share some details - watch this space.